Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Re: Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

Hello! :D What a great thread!

My first JB show was during Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI back in 1992. I've been lucky enough to attend 18 more shows since then - 14 of which have been at Alpine Valley.

I love the Packers, Brewers and Badgers! I've been a Wisconsin Football season ticket holder since the early 90's.

The most exotic place I've ever been is Honolulu. I hope to go back some day. Waikiki Shell would be my dream venue to attend a Buffett show. I think I'd also enjoy seeing Jimmy play Red Rocks.

That's it! Next...

John

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

Hello, I'm Cubbie. (Bill) I was obducted by aliens and have not been here for years. I still get to talk to my BN phriends on FB, but not nearly enough of you guys. OMG, there are a lot of new faces here. So glad to see some of us oldies are still around. Yes, it is all Cuervo's fault. Shannon is anything but uninteresting, Wino IS the person your parents warned you about AND he carries a gun. And Penny is just the best! Me?

I knew Margaritaville and Come Monday from the radio, but they really didn't stick back then. Then one day in 1974? we snuck into a bar by Loyola University in Chicago. We were getting hammered like High School kids on fake ID's will do. All of a sudden my buddy runs over to the bar screaming, "Billy, Billy they've got it....a song about f*cking!!!!!!!!" We played WDWGDAS so many times, the bartender finally came over and said, "Junior, if you play that one more time, I'm throwing your fake ID asses out of here"

That was the start, fell hook line and sinker when Son of a Son... came out. Now 30 shows later, BN addiction, recovery and poverty. Have not been to a show since 2008 or so, but that's my story...
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

<<<<<btw, those little peanuts are now a college freshman, :o a high school soph. and a 7th grader
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

ormz6
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Morris' Nightmare
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Pint of Guinness

Post by ormz6 »

Name is Jim, friends call me Ormz. Bought SOASOAS cassette at Cavage's records in 1980
for my first 100 dollar pick up truck. Everybody's had a hundred dollar pick up truck
(haven't heard that Buffett quote in a while, I bet} well, was hooked ever since.
Went to first show in 1987 and have not missed a year since.
Twenty-some years and four children later, still going strong. Now the "kids" , all in their early twentys have taken over and we now go with them, AWESOME!!!! Live in Buffalo, have been to shows in Clev. Det. Totonto and mostly Pittsburgh, Love Pitts. Best times ever there. Fins Up Fellow Parrotheads!!! See ya next Summer.

HappyShark
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: That One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark

Post by HappyShark »

My name is Russ. I'm in Colorado and this is Snoopy - dancing because it snowed last night on my birthday!!

ImageImage Image

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

HappyShark wrote:My name is Russ. I'm in Colorado and this is Snoopy - dancing because it snowed last night on my birthday!!

Happy "Late" Birthday Russ.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.

parrotsgirl
<font color=purple>I Love the Now</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: tequila
Location: In NH..but really wherever my "cowgirl" heart takes me

Post by parrotsgirl »

Hellllo....I'm Lisa....I was introduced to JB by an old friend at least 13 yrs ago...Probably the best gift anyone could of ever given me...Not just for the music, but because it let me to this amazing place....I've met so many wonderful people here some in person, and some just virtually...but always close in heart. I used to spend a lot of time here, a few may say to much time, but even though I don't come around a lot anymore, doesn't mean I don't think of everyone...
If you've just joined here, you've found a great place....
Kick back and enjoy....it's a wonderful place w/great people

Phins Up
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go Insane"

pupnpony
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by pupnpony »

Hi, I'm Carol. Currently living in the mountains of NC with my husband Jeff, 9 dogs and 11 horses! I write commercials and my husband voices commercials for clients all over the world. And while my first meeting with JB many years back didn't go so well, I became a fan and remain a JB fan! (you really should have moved the palm tree, JB)... I thoroughly enjoy lurking on here and you guys usually make my day!

pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

pupnpony wrote:Hi, I'm Carol. Currently living in the mountains of NC with my husband Jeff, 9 dogs and 11 horses! I write commercials and my husband voices commercials for clients all over the world. And while my first meeting with JB many years back didn't go so well, I became a fan and remain a JB fan! (you really should have moved the palm tree, JB)... I thoroughly enjoy lurking on here and you guys usually make my day!
Welcome aboard Carol. I'm Don and you can usually find me in the Cafe on weekdays.
The Cafe is our daily thread you can find in this forum and will have the letters MSC in the
title. Join us we don't bite. Well most of us don't. :wink: :lol:
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.

bodypainter
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi ,I'm Bill.My first Buffett kinda day was at age 6 while sailing on the Chesapeake.Growing up in NW PA I read,built and drew boats and the sea.I had the best job in the world teaching art.The lure of water was a basis for many art projects.Now retired,my wife.Anne and I volunteer our time towards our community.
I paint on people.Over the years I 've worked on 120 happy tailgaters attending Pgh.I hope to spread paint at other venues this year.Any BNers in the Eastern US willing to adopt me for their concert party,I'm there!e Email me for photos.
Have crayon,will travel,Bill
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

iamapieceofwork
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: at the moment: Tin Cup Chalice , One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one I have with my friends!

Post by iamapieceofwork »

I'm nobody
from nowhere
you'd have ever heard of anyway ....
Ok, so maybe you might have heard of it [smilie=hello.gif]

Hi im Sarah and im from upstate New york , near Fort Drum
and I am currently unemployed an studying crimimal justice with hopes of becoming a Cop,I also want to get my pilots license.
and live some where with wide open spaces.
I really want to see Jimmy in concert ,except there are a few little things holding me back like school,parents, money,and friends ,with cars,to go with. :cry: I want to go so bad I would ride my motorcycle to see him, after coming up with a great excuse, any ideas?[smilie=q-mark.gif] , of where im going for that long.
my parents have almost no idea that im a Jimmy Buffett fan (not really a parrothead,yet) His music really isnt their style, they are the type that like that older type christian music .
I guess we are the people our parents warned us about [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

I can say that the best thing I got out of working at mcdonalds,besides the paycheck, was being introduced to Jimmy's music last summer,by one of my coworkers who had some of his songs on his playlist. thanks Brian!!
And it took off from there, staying up half the night watching Jimmy Buffett videos on youtube and playing the margaritaville game , and now I am missing the gulf of mexico and perdido bay, I went to a small college in pensacola, and the only things that were good about it, friends, pensacola beach margaritaville hotel on pensacola beach , the Blue angels, learning how to kayak and learning how to sail a catamaran,and those 2 were :lol: I l,loved my time out on the water, somewhere in my family history i think there were some sailors.
and to quote one of my fave songs" thats the place where i grew up"

and thats about it.. for now thanks :)
I wanna be there
Wanna go back down and lie beside the sea there
With a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine
And Im a chewin on a honeysuckle vine

IslandTime88
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by IslandTime88 »

My name is Jill, and I'm an.....oops! Wrong meeting! I'm a practicing attorney, living with my husband in Memphis, TN. We're both originally from San Francisco Bay Area from birth until 32 years old. GO NINERS!!

Anyway, I have been familiar with Jimmy's music over the years but didn't get a real appreciation for it until around 2010 (when I saw his Gulf Shores concert on television). Now I drive my husband crazy with Radio Margaritaville. I listen to all live concerts on the station. I've only been to one Buffett concert (my first one last year in Pittsburg - June 28). I plan on doing more travelling this year (want to try and go to at least 2 shows).

I'm really interested in making a pilgrimage to Frisco, TX this year since I hear the tailgating is excellent. A group of us just got back from sailing in the British Virgin Islands and I can't wait to go back there!! It is the prettiest place on earth (that I've been to so far)! My dream would be to see Jimmy and the CRB perform on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (like he did on Anguilla).
"I wanna be there before the day tries to steal away and leave us behind. I've made up my mind. And I wanna be there. I wanna go back down and die beside the sea there..."

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

IslandTime88 wrote:My name is Jill, and I'm an.....oops! Wrong meeting! I'm a practicing attorney, living with my husband in Memphis, TN. We're both originally from San Francisco Bay Area from birth until 32 years old. GO NINERS!!

Anyway, I have been familiar with Jimmy's music over the years but didn't get a real appreciation for it until around 2010 (when I saw his Gulf Shores concert on television). Now I drive my husband crazy with Radio Margaritaville. I listen to all live concerts on the station. I've only been to one Buffett concert (my first one last year in Pittsburg - June 28). I plan on doing more travelling this year (want to try and go to at least 2 shows).

I'm really interested in making a pilgrimage to Frisco, TX this year since I hear the tailgating is excellent. A group of us just got back from sailing in the British Virgin Islands and I can't wait to go back there!! It is the prettiest place on earth (that I've been to so far)! My dream would be to see Jimmy and the CRB perform on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (like he did on Anguilla).
Welcome Jill! I'm Bob a.k.a. the surfpirate. 8)
Explore around and be sure to stop by and say hello in the daily thread titled "MSC"
(Morning Star Cafe).
Today's MSC thread is here ----> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90454
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

IslandTime88 wrote:My name is Jill, and I'm an.....oops! Wrong meeting! I'm a practicing attorney, living with my husband in Memphis, TN. We're both originally from San Francisco Bay Area from birth until 32 years old. GO NINERS!!

Welcome. So when do you stop practicing and become a real attorney? :lol: I'm a retired attorney from NY, just moved to Myrtle Beach in November.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

Hi,

I have been away from the boards for quite a while but am back. A little about me, I'm in mu mid 30's, Grew up on Long Island, lived in Manhattan for a few years and just moved to Westchester with my wife of 1 year, Robyn. I've been to about 30 shows but have been slacking a little but no more. I am a die hard Yankees, NY Football Giants, Islanders and Celtics fan.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

[smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] Hi and welcome back, Jerry!!!

dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by dewyduster »

Hi. I'm sure no one here knows me :D

I'm Len and I'm a relative newbie to the Buffett scene (2006), although I've lived the lifestyle pretty much all my adult life. It took a friend begging me for 4 years to go on his annual Great Woods Buffett Bus, and I haven't missed a trip since. Been to 10 shows - Great Woods (7), Tampa (2), Key West (1), and to MOTM twice. I, along with my compadre Mitch are the resident setlisters here on BuffettNews.

The non-Buffett stuff: I'm a pirate looking at 50 soon. An IT Engineer. Single. Never lived more than a short drive from the water, growing up on the coast of CT. Trying to figure a way to move to Florida.

P.S. I like Jumbie.
~Len
Been stuck here so long down on zero, I'd just like to make it to one
Image Image

dewyduster
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by dewyduster »

Hi Jill. Welcome to BN. You should try to make it up to Great Woods at some point. We have a huge Buffett News showing there and tailgating is the best.
~Len
Been stuck here so long down on zero, I'd just like to make it to one
Image Image

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

SMLCHNG wrote: [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] Hi and welcome back, Jerry!!!

Thanks Penny!!!!! Great to see (well sort of) you!

IslandTime88
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by IslandTime88 »

girls in water2.JPG
girls in water2.JPG (78.54 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!! I would love to take a week off in the summer and follow Jimmy around for four shows!! I've heard great things about Great Woods and Alpine too! Definitely going to Frisco this year! Already reserved a hotel room. It's gonna be a girls road trip (leaving the husbands at home)! Uh oh!! And, I'm bringing two virgins with me. ;)
"I wanna be there before the day tries to steal away and leave us behind. I've made up my mind. And I wanna be there. I wanna go back down and die beside the sea there..."