The Masters ...any Predictions

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

The Masters ...any Predictions

Post by TommyBahama »

Today starts the 79th Masters ... anyone follow , watch? any predictions.

I have 3 Fowler , Speith and Walker

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: The Masters ...any Predictions

Post by lime rickie »

I predict this thread will see limited action. :lol: :lol: :P

(((Tommy)))
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Why Parrotheads can't play golf Nancy???

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

I predict I won't be watching. ;) It's an awesome event, but I'm not 'into' golf. :)

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

TommyBahama wrote:Why Parrotheads can't play golf Nancy???
Of course they can, I was just teasing. :P

I turn it on sometimes, although I'm not familiar with about 99% of the players.

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

TommyBahama wrote:Today starts the 79th Masters ... anyone follow , watch? any predictions.

Will watch as much as possible. All TVs at the office will be tuned in.

And I got a feeling about Jason Day. Tiger will be lurking about on Sunday with that other Lefty, but they won't factor in. Like your Speith pick. Think Kuchar will be around as well.
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Left Field ParrotHead wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:Today starts the 79th Masters ... anyone follow , watch? any predictions.

Will watch as much as possible. All TVs at the office will be tuned in.

And I got a feeling about Jason Day. Tiger will be lurking about on Sunday with that other Lefty, but they won't factor in. Like your Speith pick. Think Kuchar will be around as well.
I do like Jason Day a lot , was 2nd last year , the other Lefty being Mike Weir??? lol!!! another guy playing real well is JB Holmes.

Nancy the GW people don't like golfers is because they were the reason that Buffett doesn't do Labor Day weekend!!! lol!!!

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I never watch or play golf. However, working with 15 judges, most of whom play several times a year, a few of whom play several times a week, I hear a lot of golf chatter at this time of year.

On a side note -- our home-town of Lancaster (PA) is hosting the 2015 US Women's Open which is exciting even for those of us who don't follow golf :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Saltx3 wrote:I never watch or play golf. However, working with 15 judges, most of whom play several times a year, a few of whom play several times a week, I hear a lot of golf chatter at this time of year.

On a side note -- our home-town of Lancaster (PA) is hosting the 2015 US Women's Open which is exciting even for those of us who don't follow golf :)
I worked a corporate hospitality tent many moons ago for the US Womens Open at Baltusrol. Was a ton of fun and we got some great swag. LOL

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I'm not much of a golf fan and I don't know enough about the players to know who's playing well right now and who isn't. The closest I'll come to predicting a winner is to say it probably won't be Tiger Woods. I just hope the weather's nice in Myrtle Beach Monday so I can go to Monday After The Masters, the charity tournament Darius Rucker does every year.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:I'm not much of a golf fan and I don't know enough about the players to know who's playing well right now and who isn't. The closest I'll come to predicting a winner is to say it probably won't be Tiger Woods. I just hope the weather's nice in Myrtle Beach Monday so I can go to Monday After The Masters, the charity tournament Darius Rucker does every year.
I'd love to see that Tournament , Mike and Mike broadcast live from there every year. Darius Rucker actually played I think Tuesday night at the Masters.

Larry it wasn't to long ago people with bet either Tiger or the Field.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:I never watch or play golf. However, working with 15 judges, most of whom play several times a year, a few of whom play several times a week, I hear a lot of golf chatter at this time of year.

I worked a corporate hospitality tent many moons ago for the US Womens Open at Baltusrol. Was a ton of fun and we got some great swag. LOL
I worked the skybox at the Travelers one year , it was with the CT Parrothead club , it was pretty cool.....I use to get the Corporate row sponsor tickets every year .....free food and booze , that was the way to go.

Crestview in the Springfield MA area use to have a LPGA tour stop , wish they still did , some of these girls are pretty good.

Larry look up Natalie Gulbis (Hot) , Morgan Pressell and even though she is young Lexi Tompson...a few of the lookers on the LPGA tour

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

I predict Tiger will have difficulty making the cut. Loved seeing Jack's ace in the par 3 contest yesterday. Watched Jack, Arnie and Gary Player hit their ceremonial tee shots to start the tournament today...it took 40 years but I can finally hit a drive like Arnold Palmer. :D

Staredge
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by Staredge »

Holmes tore it up in Texas. Had to roll out and didn't see the playoff.

I think Tiger is done. Golf is such a mental game, and I think he's just lost his edge. Not sure I see him getting it back.
Will

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

chippewa wrote:I predict Tiger will have difficulty making the cut. Loved seeing Jack's ace in the par 3 contest yesterday. Watched Jack, Arnie and Gary Player hit their ceremonial tee shots to start the tournament today...it took 40 years but I can finally hit a drive like Arnold Palmer. :D
I'm happy to say , I can out drive all 3 , as for Tiger , if he's in a new mental state , family 1st , he looked so loose out there playing the par 3 contest , My take on Tiger is if he just goes out there to have fun and be human , he no doubt still has the talent , and I think he can win again , Dan Patrick made a good observation on why Tiger will make the cut , it's a smaller field , some in the field are past Masters winners from many years ago , there are amateurs in the field, and a lot of people who happen to win a tournament in a weak field. He really only needs to beat about 15 people to make the cut. For the record I'm not a Tiger fan because of his arrogance in the past.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

TommyBahama wrote:
LIPH wrote:I'm not much of a golf fan and I don't know enough about the players to know who's playing well right now and who isn't. The closest I'll come to predicting a winner is to say it probably won't be Tiger Woods. I just hope the weather's nice in Myrtle Beach Monday so I can go to Monday After The Masters, the charity tournament Darius Rucker does every year.
I'd love to see that Tournament , Mike and Mike broadcast live from there every year. Darius Rucker actually played I think Tuesday night at the Masters.

My brother-in-law volunteers at Monday After The Masters every year so if I want to go I get in free. I went 2 years ago and it was fun. I had one of the souvenir flags they sell, got a lot of autographs on it - Dan Marino, Johnny Damon, LC Greenwood, Jim McMahon, Rick Barry, Mark Quinones from The Allman Brothers, Darius Rucker, Jim Cantore. :lol: Wayne Gretzky and his wife were there and when I asked Wayne to sign the flag, Janet offered to sign it too. I didn't really want her autograph but I thought it would be rude to say no. I was hoping their daughter would be there because her boyfriend, Dustin Johnson, is a professional golfer and he was playing. He's from this area, played college golf at Coastal Carolina University just up the road in Conway.

I know a guy who used to work at PGA headquarters in Ponte Vdera, FL. When Woods was playing really well early in his career, this guy said everyone in the office used to root for ABE, anyone but Eldrick (Tiger's real name). I guess they didn't realize how much money Tiger Woods helped put in everyone's pockets back then.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:

My brother-in-law volunteers at Monday After The Masters every year so if I want to go I get in free. I went 2 years ago and it was fun. I had one of the souvenir flags they sell, got a lot of autographs on it - Dan Marino, Johnny Damon, LC Greenwood, Jim McMahon, Rick Barry, Mark Quinones from The Allman Brothers, Darius Rucker, Jim Cantore. :lol: Wayne Gretzky and his wife were there and when I asked Wayne to sign the flag, Janet offered to sign it too. I didn't really want her autograph but I thought it would be rude to say no. I was hoping their daughter would be there because her boyfriend, Dustin Johnson, is a professional golfer and he was playing. He's from this area, played college golf at Coastal Carolina University just up the road in Conway.

I know a guy who used to work at PGA headquarters in Ponte Vdera, FL. When Woods was playing really well early in his career, this guy said everyone in the office used to root for ABE, anyone but Eldrick (Tiger's real name). I guess they didn't realize how much money Tiger Woods helped put in everyone's pockets back then.
That is awesome , sounds like a great event , plus a Hootie concert , Marino is the one Autograph i want the most....favorite all time athlete , Gretzky too , just for what he accomplished . I'd be nervous with Cantore there , he's usually around bad weather situations. Dustin Johnson may be there this year, now that he's off rehab and has won a tournament. His wife would be a must see thogh

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

As of today, Cantore isn't on the list of celebrities so I don't expect him to be there. Gretzky isn't on the list either. Spud Webb is supposed to be there, an ex-NBA player who's shorter than I am. :lol: All the guys from Hootie will be there, not just Darius. Patrick Davis, who is one of the co-writers, with Django Walker and 3 or 4 other guys, of Something About A Boat is on the list.

ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

I hate golf since they eff'd up our Labor Day Weekend show at GW! :D
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

ScarletB wrote:I hate golf since they eff'd up our Labor Day Weekend show at GW! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: