RIP Mr and Mrs Flutie

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

RIP Mr and Mrs Flutie

Post by TommyBahama »

Posted by Doug Flutie on Facebook.........RIP Dick and Joan.....very sad , but a loving end.

It is with a heavy heart that I am making this statement. This morning my family experienced the tragic loss of my father, Dick and mother, Joan. My Dad had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital and my Mom, less than an hour later had a sudden heart attack and passed away. They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it. I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers’ and sister’s lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning. The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children. They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: RIP Mr and Mrs Flutie

Post by dnw »

Sail on, Joan and Dick.

Debbie

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Re: RIP Mr and Mrs Flutie

Post by Tiki Bar »

Sail on, Dick and Joan. I had heard this story on the radio the other day, but didn't hear the who. Tragic yet heartwarming that they passed so closely together. Happily ever after in the afterlife.

Flutie was a cutie, but a very genuine good guy from what I knew of him.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave