Sail on, Arnold Palmer

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

rich_big
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Sail on, Arnold Palmer

Post by rich_big »

I never met him, but from what I understand he was a kind soul.
My dad used to cry watching the highlight reels of black and white vids of the guy playing.
Sail on, Arnold Palmer. Go get fitted with your green jacket up in the sky. You will be missed.

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Sail on, Arnold Palmer

Post by TommyBahama »

I was shocked when I heard it , the game of golf will miss your presence at the Masters . RIP Arnie!!

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Sail on Arnold Palmer. Pennsylvania high school golf champ 1946 and 1947. U. S. Coast Guard veteran. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Sail on, Arnold.

Debbie

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I've never been much of a golf fan but Arnold Palmer seems like he was golf's Yogi Berra. Nobody ever had anything bad to say about him. Last night on ESPN, Chris Berman and Scott Van Pelt (he's bald, which will make sense by time I get to the end of this) were talking about Palmer. Van Pelt said he used to work at the Golf Channel before he came to ESPN and he had met Arnold Palmer several times over the years. He said every time he saw him he would go over and say "Hello Mr. Palmer, I'm Scott Van Pelt." One time when he introduced himself Arnie said "No $h!t, I remember you when you used to have hair." :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:I've never been much of a golf fan but Arnold Palmer seems like he was golf's Yogi Berra. Nobody ever had anything bad to say about him. Last night on ESPN, Chris Berman and Scott Van Pelt (he's bald, which will make sense by time I get to the end of this) were talking about Palmer. Van Pelt said he used to work at the Golf Channel before he came to ESPN and he had met Arnold Palmer several times over the years. He said every time he saw him he would go over and say "Hello Mr. Palmer, I'm Scott Van Pelt." One time when he introduced himself Arnie said "No $h!t, I remember you when you used to have hair." :lol:
I remember SVP when he was on Golf Channel , he was very good , and actually does very good when he does golf for ESPN. Yogi is a great person to compare him too.