Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Back to it MONDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Back to it MONDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 » September 11, 2017 7:20 am

Good Morning All!

We are still worried about Jack (PopcornJack) since he stayed in KW and we haven't heard from him for over 12 hours.
We are thankful our friends in Ft Myers (who had to leave their home last week due to E-coli flood waters) are safe.
We are amazed at the multitude and size of weather "nightmares" in so many places.

We are not happy to go back to work after a 3-day visit to NJ with SisterGoldenHair & Mr. GoldenHair. What a fun time and to think, without Jimmy Buffett we would never have met these and so many other fantastic people.
heart.png
heart.png (36.91 KiB) Viewed 1778 times
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: Back to it MONDAY @ the MSC

Post by TommyBahama » September 11, 2017 9:22 am

Saltx3 wrote:
September 11, 2017 7:20 am
Good Morning All!

We are still worried about Jack (PopcornJack) since he stayed in KW and we haven't heard from him for over 12 hours.
We are thankful our friends in Ft Myers (who had to leave their home last week due to E-coli flood waters) are safe.
We are amazed at the multitude and size of weather "nightmares" in so many places.

We are not happy to go back to work after a 3-day visit to NJ with SisterGoldenHair & Mr. GoldenHair. What a fun time and to think, without Jimmy Buffett we would never have met these and so many other fantastic people.

heart.png
I thought someone on FB heard from him?? Just glad to see that damage wasn't as severe as 1st anticipated , and the storm sorta died down , and took another path before reaching a lot of the west coast . Heard from many on FB that are ok. The hard part for KW is now , they need to access the damage along route 1 ( 120 plus miles) , especially the 42 bridges , that will need to be inspected for damage. That could take a while .

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie » September 11, 2017 9:22 am

Good morning, all.

Continued phin power to FL and the southern phlock. ~~/)~~/)~~/)~~

Glad you had fun in Jersey, Linda. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

nycfeat
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by nycfeat » September 11, 2017 9:22 am

Harvey, Irma, 9/11. It's going to be a long one for some folks.

Morning BN.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie » September 11, 2017 9:38 am

nycfeat wrote:
September 11, 2017 9:22 am
Harvey, Irma, 9/11. It's going to be a long one for some folks.

Morning BN.
True dat, Sang. :-?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

nycfeat
Changing Channels

Post by nycfeat » September 11, 2017 10:10 am

I almost forgot the wildfires out west.

CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by CaptainP » September 11, 2017 10:19 am

TommyBahama wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
Good Morning All!

heart.png
I thought someone on FB heard from him?? Just glad to see that damage wasn't as severe as 1st anticipated , and the storm sorta died down , and took another path before reaching a lot of the west coast . Heard from many on FB that are ok. The hard part for KW is now , they need to access the damage along route 1 ( 120 plus miles) , especially the 42 bridges , that will need to be inspected for damage. That could take a while .
He checked in yesterday morning before the worst of it hit. No word since.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » September 11, 2017 10:29 am

Good morning. I should have moved a little faster when I got up this morning. It wasn't raining earlier, it's pouring now and we're supposed to get up to 3 inches of rain today. Maybe grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH » September 11, 2017 10:41 am

what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 » September 11, 2017 11:54 am

TommyBahama wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
Good Morning All!

heart.png
When I posted we were all waiting to hear. This was posted on FB close to 11:00....
I just "spoke" to Jack's friend/Hurricane landlord, and he said he has his business partners heading down to KW to assess damages. There is no communication right now because of the power and cell tower problems. He told me as soon as he finds out how Jack is, he'll let me know. . . and I'll let you know.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer » September 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Saltx3 wrote:
September 11, 2017 11:54 am
TommyBahama wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
Good Morning All!

heart.png
When I posted we were all waiting to hear. This was posted on FB close to 11:00....
I just "spoke" to Jack's friend/Hurricane landlord, and he said he has his business partners heading down to KW to assess damages. There is no communication right now because of the power and cell tower problems. He told me as soon as he finds out how Jack is, he'll let me know. . . and I'll let you know.
From what I'm reading the Keys are closed. Many are waiting in Florida City to go home but the cops have the read blocked. They say the roads have to be cleared of power lines and trees and bridges must be inspected. They're saying they don't know when they'll open the road, tomorrow, next week or later. This might keep residents from evacuating next time.
Back to livin' Floridays

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama » September 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
September 11, 2017 1:07 pm
Saltx3 wrote:
September 11, 2017 11:54 am
TommyBahama wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
Good Morning All!

heart.png
From what I'm reading the Keys are closed. Many are waiting in Florida City to go home but the cops have the read blocked. They say the roads have to be cleared of power lines and trees and bridges must be inspected. They're saying they don't know when they'll open the road, tomorrow, next week or later. This might keep residents from evacuating next time.
I just saw a post on FB that Jack called his brother , and he is safe!!!

Rabbitz
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz » September 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Yay!!!
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

bodypainter
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter » September 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Ahoy!
I almost feel guilty after enjoying great weather.

Almost.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Post by tailgaitingph » September 11, 2017 7:32 pm

TommyBahama wrote:
September 11, 2017 2:01 pm
I just saw a post on FB that Jack called his brother , and he is safe!!!
YAY - Thank you Tommy for updating us!
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3

Post by tailgaitingph » September 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Saltx3 wrote:
Good Morning All!

heart.png
[smilie=hearts.gif] Or acquired extra kids :lol:

Shrimper Dan P
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: The Champagne of Beers
Location: Live...from the southern command in sunny South Florida

Post by Shrimper Dan P » September 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi everybody. Glad Jack is ok. We are good too because we didn't get the Cat 4 impact that was forecast, more like a Cat 1 or 2. Minor damage, trees down and many stripped of 30-60% of leaves and palm fronds. :cry: Never lost power but 76% of Palm Beach county did, we were fortunate, but that means many traffic signals are out. Some streets are flooded. Keeping the shutters up since hurricane Jose is east of the Bahamas and the track is uncertain....kinda like Irma, too many days away to predict. Thanks everybody for your concern. BN'ers are awesome.
On the corner of "walk" and "don't walk" somewhere on US 1.
He's just singing and ordering drinks.

The Weather Channel girl with her perfect weather curl... TS Fay 8/17/08

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3

Post by tailgaitingph » September 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Shrimper Dan P wrote:
September 11, 2017 9:00 pm
Hi everybody. Glad Jack is ok. We are good too because we didn't get the Cat 4 impact that was forecast, more like a Cat 1 or 2. Minor damage, trees down and many stripped of 30-60% of leaves and palm fronds. :cry: Never lost power but 76% of Palm Beach county did, we were fortunate, but that means many traffic signals are out. Some streets are flooded. Keeping the shutters up since hurricane Jose is east of the Bahamas and the track is uncertain....kinda like Irma, too many days away to predict. Thanks everybody for your concern. BN'ers are awesome.
[smilie=superkewl.gif]
Glad to hear from you as well!

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Saltx3 » September 11, 2017 10:33 pm

tailgaitingph wrote:
September 11, 2017 7:35 pm
Saltx3 wrote:
Good Morning All!

heart.png
[smilie=hearts.gif] Or acquired extra kids :lol:
Ha! Ain't that the truth !!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

Rabbitz
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz » September 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Shrimper Dan P wrote:
September 11, 2017 9:00 pm
More great news.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman