I know I don't get here often enough Saturday at the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

I know I don't get here often enough Saturday at the MSC

Post by PetalMel »

Good morning, Pholks!

I am one of those creatures of habit which use FB as my daily gossip/communication tool and don't swing in as often as I should. So, I opened up the door and left my BOBH card with the waitress. First round is on me.

Happy Saturday! Enjoy the concert tonight, whether you are lucky enough to be there in person or will be tuning in through the interwebs like me.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: I know I don't get here often enough Saturday at the MSC

Post by dnw »

Good morning, BN and Mel. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. The concert is tomorrow. :D

Debbie
PetalMel
Hoot!

Post by PetalMel »

Jeepers, I am more out of the loop than I thought. I just assumed it was on Saturday and never double checked the date to the day of the week.

Happy Saturday anyway, Debbie :)
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Okay, what is a "BOBH card"? Besides me, Bob Haslett.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

surfpirate wrote: November 18, 2017 9:52 am Okay, what is a "BOBH card"? Besides me, Bob Haslett.
Edit. Just figured it out.
Bank of Bad Habits.
Duh. :-)
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning, BN! :) A little snowfall overnight - which was melting as it was falling. But the skies are a bright blue again this morning.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning all. It's a rainy day in the Norwoods, which is better than the snow Penny is sending my way tomorrow.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good afternoon. There's a place in North Myrtle Beach called Bully's Pub & Grill. They're having a tap takeover at 6:00 tonight with this brewer:

I was going to go but Bully's is at Barefoot Landing, which is having their Christmas tree lighting ceremony at 6:00 tonight. I don't want to have to deal with the crowds and the traffic so I'll pass. Too bad, I was hoping they might have this beer on tap tonight so I could try it. :lol:

I guess I'll go shopping at World Market instead. They're having a sale this weekend, 25% off all beer. This could be dangerous. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Early evening BN!

Doing a family 'breakfast for dinner' dinner at my cousins. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really related to these people :lol:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I think the Tilted Kilt that opened a little over a year ago is closed. I drove by it on the way home from beer shopping at World Market and the parking lot was empty. On Saturday afternoon in the south during college football season. :o The place should be packed. How am I supposed to cash in my free food prizes from both the college football and NFL contests if they're closed?
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: November 18, 2017 4:44 pm Early evening BN!

Doing a family 'breakfast for dinner' dinner at my cousins. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really related to these people :lol:
Veal Marsala in Limeville. Mr. Lime is cheffing. 8)

Raked leaves and cleaned up the yard a bit. Some neighbors on the street already have their lights up. :o We wait until after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time for us.
LIPH wrote: November 18, 2017 4:54 pm I think the Tilted Kilt that opened a little over a year ago is closed. I drove by it on the way home from beer shopping at World Market and the parking lot was empty. On Saturday afternoon in the south during college football season. :o The place should be packed. How am I supposed to cash in my free food prizes from both the college football and NFL contests if they're closed?
Any roadtrips on the horizon, HOG? Can you redeem them at any location?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Road trips? I have a short one in 2 weeks, I'm going to North Charleston to see Robert Earl Keen at the Performing Arts Center. I haven't seen REK since I moved here from NY. Then I'm going to Vegas for Christmas. I'll be going to my first hockey game in 5 years, the Vegas Golden Knights are playing the Washington Capitols Dec. 23.

The prizes in the football contest can be redeemed at any Tilted Kilt. The old one closed at the end of the summer in 2014 so during the '14 and '15 college football seasons I would redeem my prizes when I went to the Buffett show in Las Vegas. Unfortunately that meant if I won anything after October I was SOL. If I wanted to drive, the closest one is in Wilmington, NC but I'm not driving 2 hours each way to get a free burger. :lol:
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: November 18, 2017 5:22 pm Road trips? I have a short one in 2 weeks, I'm going to North Charleston to see Robert Earl Keen at the Performing Arts Center. I haven't seen REK since I moved here from NY. Then I'm going to Vegas for Christmas. I'll be going to my first hockey game in 5 years, the Vegas Golden Knights are playing the Washington Capitols Dec. 23.

The prizes in the football contest can be redeemed at any Tilted Kilt. The old one closed at the end of the summer in 2014 so during the '14 and '15 college football seasons I would redeem my prizes when I went to the Buffett show in Las Vegas. Unfortunately that meant if I won anything after October I was SOL. If I wanted to drive, the closest one is in Wilmington, NC but I'm not driving 2 hours each way to get a free burger. :lol:
You're in luck then, there's a Tilted Kilt in Vegas near the Flamingo.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: November 18, 2017 5:06 pm
Veal Marsala in Limeville. Mr. Lime is cheffing. 8)

Raked leaves and cleaned up the yard a bit. Some neighbors on the street already have their lights up. :o We wait until after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time for us.
That sounds yummy! Maybe 1 day I can enjoy his chef skills. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Same here. I saw Christmas lights up & on 1 day last week in my way home from work. Too early!! You have to get through 1 holiday before decorating for the next, IMO
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote: November 18, 2017 4:54 pm I think the Tilted Kilt that opened a little over a year ago is closed. I drove by it on the way home from beer shopping at World Market and the parking lot was empty. On Saturday afternoon in the south during college football season. :o The place should be packed. How am I supposed to cash in my free food prizes from both the college football and NFL contests if they're closed?
There are only two left in CO. I liked them, too. :(
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Ahoy! Boredom forced me out in the rain to the shop to make a surfboard ornament. I made a small boat, but didn't like it. The surfboard was to be a LANDSHARK one with the bite mark. It will be custom painted for the winner.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

lime rickie wrote: November 18, 2017 5:25 pm
LIPH wrote: November 18, 2017 5:22 pm Road trips? I have a short one in 2 weeks, I'm going to North Charleston to see Robert Earl Keen at the Performing Arts Center. I haven't seen REK since I moved here from NY. Then I'm going to Vegas for Christmas. I'll be going to my first hockey game in 5 years, the Vegas Golden Knights are playing the Washington Capitols Dec. 23.

You're in luck then, there's a Tilted Kilt in Vegas near the Flamingo.
There's a Yard House near the Flamingo too, more than 100 beers on tap. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
PetalMel
Hoot!

Post by PetalMel »

surfpirate wrote: November 18, 2017 9:56 am
surfpirate wrote: November 18, 2017 9:52 am Okay, what is a "BOBH card"? Besides me, Bob Haslett.
Edit. Just figured it out.
Bank of Bad Habits.
Duh. :-)

I was seriously worried about you for a minute there. I was feeling like I was the old timer using lingo which the young kids had no idea.

PetalMel
Hoot!

Post by PetalMel »

bodypainter wrote: November 18, 2017 7:32 pm Ahoy! Boredom forced me out in the rain to the shop to make a surfboard ornament. I made a small boat, but didn't like it. The surfboard was to be a LANDSHARK one with the bite mark. It will be custom painted for the winner.
Oh I hope I am the winner :) That would be a prized possession!