I Went Into Captain Tony's Tuesday@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

I Went Into Captain Tony's Tuesday@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Too hot this week, but storms cooled us down. Good morning BN. I make a run to Best Buy to have the pooter serviced. Enjoy your day gang.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Re: I Went Into Captain Tony's Tuesday@ the MSC

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Aloha Bill and all the sleepyheads that check in later. Well let's see, I had my coffee while bird watching on the back porch. I spotted a Northern flicker, never saw one before, very pretty. Now it is time for my walk, then off to the beach. This afternoon have to start packing for SK. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good morning. I sat out in my driveway with a newspaper and a cup of coffee this morning. A local gal who is training for a marathon
ran by and laughingly said, "Better not be alcoholic beverages in that."
I replied, "No, it's not 8 AM yet." :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Bill, Colleen and John. Wish we all were down at Captain Tony's now. Have a wonderful day. :P

Debbie
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers 8)

Nice night and beautiful morning in Pigeon Forge. JB's people (or who ever owns the hotel) did a very nice job on decorating and theming the hotel.

Now, back on the road again. At least, it isn't raining right now.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning peoples. It never did rain yesterday and the forecast for today is thunderstorms. I don't know if I should believe them.

There's a really busy intersection on Highway 17, about 2 miles south of where I live. The first couple of years I lived here, there were quite a few accidents there even though there's a light and at sometime in the red light/green light cycle there was a left turn arrow for each of the 4 directions. They decided to build an overpass to help with traffic flow. After more than 3 years of construction the northbound side finally opened last month, the southbound side didn't open until yesterday. I have to make a left at that intersection to get to my dentist's office. With construction on the overpass finally complete, maybe it'll be easier to make that left turn when I go to the dentist tomorrow morning.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

G'morning BN!! :)

Getting a new water heater today (hopefully). Ours won't shut off. And it's not the first time. It's over 10 years old, and they can't find the parts for it anymore. I also hope that the new one is quieter than the old one. It's the loudest thing I've ever heard, we've just gotten used to it.

2nd interview with another company today. Biggest worry is the salary their offering. I don't know what it is. A friend of mine works there, and she GUESSED what it might be. If her guess is right, it's less than HALF of what I was making, and that just won't work. Sigh.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 17, 2018 11:13 am G'morning BN!! :)

Getting a new water heater today (hopefully). Ours won't shut off. And it's not the first time. It's over 10 years old, and they can't find the parts for it anymore. I also hope that the new one is quieter than the old one. It's the loudest thing I've ever heard, we've just gotten used to it.

2nd interview with another company today. Biggest worry is the salary their offering. I don't know what it is. A friend of mine works there, and she GUESSED what it might be. If her guess is right, it's less than HALF of what I was making, and that just won't work. Sigh.
:o :o Welcome to todays "new hire" pay scale I guess....... [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 9:51 am Good morning peoples. It never did rain yesterday and the forecast for today is thunderstorms. I don't know if I should believe them.

There's a really busy intersection on Highway 17, about 2 miles south of where I live. The first couple of years I lived here, there were quite a few accidents there even though there's a light and at sometime in the red light/green light cycle there was a left turn arrow for each of the 4 directions. They decided to build an overpass to help with traffic flow. After more than 3 years of construction the northbound side finally opened last month, the southbound side didn't open until yesterday. I have to make a left at that intersection to get to my dentist's office. With construction on the overpass finally complete, maybe it'll be easier to make that left turn when I go to the dentist tomorrow morning.
Ahhh....making a trip to the Dentist more enjoyable. So you'll have THAT going for you, which is nice!! :wink:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

They're working on the apartment above us. Not sure what they're doing, but it's making a hell of a lot of noise. :evil: I don't mind normal apartment noises, but there is a LOT of pounding going on.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Dr.Corona wrote: July 17, 2018 11:22 am :o :o Welcome to todays "new hire" pay scale I guess....... [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Yeah. Some salary ranges have been better than others. :roll:
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 9:51 am Good morning peoples. It never did rain yesterday and the forecast for today is thunderstorms. I don't know if I should believe them.

Do you know where you might be in proximity to a community with something called "The Market Common" ? Close church friends moved into a home near/in there yesterday.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

We're STILL waiting for rain. day 11 with nothing :(.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 11:34 am

Do you know where you might be in proximity to a community with something called "The Market Common" ? Close church friends moved into a home near/in there yesterday.
The Market Common is pretty close, about 5 or 6 miles from me. It's a really nice area and they have a lot of events there. They have a St. Patrick's Day festival (they call it Irish Fest now), Oktoberfest, they just had an Italian festival last month, they do a big New Year's Eve thing, complete with dropping the ball at midnight. There are some good restaurants, a place called The Brass Tap that has about 50 beers on tap, a lot of little shops. It's bigger than it was when I moved here, there's been a lot of residential construction and they're still building more housing. The land it's built on used to be the old Myrtle Beach Air Force base, which closed sometime back in the '90s.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

big john wrote: "Better not be alcoholic beverages in that."
"No, it's not 8 AM yet."
"You gotta start early if you want to drink all day." :wink:
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 11:58 am
Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 11:34 am

The Market Common is pretty close, about 5 or 6 miles from me. It's a really nice area and they have a lot of events there. They have a St. Patrick's Day festival (they call it Irish Fest now), Oktoberfest, they just had an Italian festival last month, they do a big New Year's Eve thing, complete with dropping the ball at midnight. There are some good restaurants, a place called The Brass Tap that has about 50 beers on tap, a lot of little shops. It's bigger than it was when I moved here, there's been a lot of residential construction and they're still building more housing. The land it's built on used to be the old Myrtle Beach Air Force base, which closed sometime back in the '90s.
Wow!! thanks for the info. we are hoping they love it there (and that we can sometime accept their offer to visit -- only about $110 round trip from us to them)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 11:39 am We're STILL waiting for rain. day 11 with nothing :(.
We are just west of you and we got POUNDED by a thunderstorm for the past hour.
Might be coming your way. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

big john wrote: July 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 11:39 am We're STILL waiting for rain. day 11 with nothing :(.
hope so -- we're dying at Calamity Cove :(
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 2:15 pm
big john wrote: July 17, 2018 2:02 pm
hope so -- we're dying at Calamity Cove :(
It's a scorcher here in Joisey.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

I don't think we are going to get out of VA. Been driving in VA most of the day