Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

It's TUES @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168296
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 14, 2018 2:29 pm

SeattleParrotHead wrote:
August 14, 2018 12:38 pm
MsMolly wrote: I don't have anything planned today....as usual. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
One of the best parts of retirement!
My wife just asked me what I had planned for today and my response was "Nuthin'!"
👍👍👍

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Posts: 62874
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by LIPH » August 14, 2018 3:05 pm

I went to Myrtle Beach State Park to get my new annual pass and it's such a nice day I decided to stay and do a little strolling through the park. It was packed, the parking lots close to the beach and the fishing pier were all full. I parked at the nature center and had a longer walk to the pier, no sharks today. I didn't see anybody catch any fish either.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50238
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Oh yea it’s my midweek weekend

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21964
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by lime rickie » August 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Evening, lurkers and retirees. :P Just another day working and lurking.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3835
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by tailgaitingph » August 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Evening BN.

Had a wonderful day pool side, sunny with a nice breeze. Just got back from dinner at Mellow Mushroom which was great - thanks Larry!
Pretty late night last night so we're probably staying in tonight but it is early so that could change :wink:
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10473
Joined: May 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum
Location: Pensacola

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer » August 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Good evening BNers. I did nuthin yesterday, didn't finish so I did nuthin again today.
Back to livin' Floridays

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168296
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
August 14, 2018 7:55 pm
Good evening BNers. I did nuthin yesterday, didn't finish so I did nuthin again today.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168296
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Hey Penny,
You watching the game?

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50238
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Molly! I caught a stray Perseid meteor last night. Well watched it. Couldn’t catch it

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168296
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 14, 2018 8:26 pm

moog wrote:
August 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Molly! I caught a stray Perseid meteor last night. Well watched it. Couldn’t catch it
Very cool! I didn't even try between the clouds and dust.

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50238
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 14, 2018 8:33 pm

I’m going to try again tonight last rain shower left

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50238
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Oh boy I just watched a PBS special on Mr. Rogers. We need him back.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168296
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 14, 2018 8:46 pm

moog wrote:
August 14, 2018 8:35 pm
Oh boy I just watched a PBS special on Mr. Rogers. We need him back.
[smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174378
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 14, 2018 9:38 pm

springparrot wrote:
August 14, 2018 8:22 pm
Hey Penny,
You watching the game?
I am now. :)

I left for work at 6:15 am, and got home at 6:15 pm. :-? (long day, 90 minutes of OT, plus crappy traffic)

The front desk/department receptionist/secretary called in sick. So, at just before 8:00, I was asked to cover. Mind you I've only covered the phone for a total of 2 hours since I started. No breaks, except for a 30 minute lunch at 12:45, just before the cafeteria closed.
I learned a lot, I got brownie points for doing it, I volunteered to stay past my 3:30 quitting time till Security comes in (they cover the phone for the evening shift), then asked if I could stay for a pretty important meeting to observe, which I did. When I finally left at 5:00, I got a large thank you from one of the people I report to. So, pffffffft to all those other companies that didn't hire me. :D :P

Best part of today? Talking with family members who came in to visit patients. :)

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50238
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Penny. Those other companies will never know what they are missing.

moog
Last Man Standing
Posts: 50238
Joined: April 24, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by moog » August 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Hey after 19 years I may hit 50,000 post

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 12410
Joined: May 5, 2010 11:14 am
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY
Location: "Amish" country, PA

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 » August 14, 2018 9:53 pm

moog wrote:
August 14, 2018 8:35 pm
Oh boy I just watched a PBS special on Mr. Rogers. We need him back.
I want to see the movie but no one wants to go with me. Might be a little weird going alone 😳
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174378
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 14, 2018 9:56 pm

moog wrote:
August 14, 2018 9:39 pm
Hi Penny. Those other companies will never know what they are missing.
Hi Moogy. :) Yeah, I agree, if I do say so myself!! :D

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 174378
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG » August 14, 2018 9:57 pm

moog wrote:
August 14, 2018 9:40 pm
Hey after 19 years I may hit 50,000 post
:lol: :lol: I have the fireworks ready.

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Posts: 168296
Joined: April 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita
Location: Don't Mess With TEXAS

Re: It's TUES @ the MSC

Post by springparrot » August 14, 2018 9:58 pm

SMLCHNG wrote:
August 14, 2018 9:38 pm
springparrot wrote:
August 14, 2018 8:22 pm
Hey Penny,
You watching the game?
I am now. :)

I left for work at 6:15 am, and got home at 6:15 pm. :-? (long day, 90 minutes of OT, plus crappy traffic)

The front desk/department receptionist/secretary called in sick. So, at just before 8:00, I was asked to cover. Mind you I've only covered the phone for a total of 2 hours since I started. No breaks, except for a 30 minute lunch at 12:45, just before the cafeteria closed.
I learned a lot, I got brownie points for doing it, I volunteered to stay past my 3:30 quitting time till Security comes in (they cover the phone for the evening shift), then asked if I could stay for a pretty important meeting to observe, which I did. When I finally left at 5:00, I got a large thank you from one of the people I report to. So, pffffffft to all those other companies that didn't hire me. :D :P

Best part of today? Talking with family members who came in to visit patients. :)
Fantastic!

And you got home in time to see the Rockies pull ahead.

Post Reply