phjim
BN Webmaster
BN Webmaster
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

60 Minutes films Buffett in Boston

Post by phjim »

60 Minutes is going to be running a piece on Jimmy sometime soon. The camera crew was following the band around all week leading up to the shows at Fenway.

Margaritas_And_Senoritas
I have found me a home

Post by Margaritas_And_Senoritas »

I can't wait to see what Andy Rooney has to say about Jimmy. Maybe Barbara Walters will make him cry :lol:

honeysucklevine
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by honeysucklevine »

That will be awesome, I can't wait to see it! It will give all of us that couldn't go to the show an inside scoop. :D

Tropically Challenged
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Tropically Challenged »

Can we trust 60 minutes or CBS to give us an accurate report? I'm glad they actually went in person to see Jimmy. They surely have lost all trust this parrot head has in any news bit they produce. If you do a piece on Jimmy, confirm your sources with the Head Parrot himself....
FINZ UP

Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song

Post by Key Lime Lee »

Tropically Challenged wrote:Can we trust 60 minutes or CBS to give us an accurate report? I'm glad they actually went in person to see Jimmy. They surely have lost all trust this parrot head has in any news bit they produce. If you do a piece on Jimmy, confirm your sources with the Head Parrot himself....
You probably shouldn't trust any television news program as your source of information any more than you should assume that just because some folks question a document's authenticity that it means its fake.

As far as I know the jury is still out on the authenticity which means, at this point, CBS hasn't lost any credibility.
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...

Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

I just hope they don't focus the bit on his "overnight success" :roll:
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend

crawfish
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by crawfish »

Key Lime Lee wrote:
Tropically Challenged wrote:Can we trust 60 minutes or CBS to give us an accurate report? I'm glad they actually went in person to see Jimmy. They surely have lost all trust this parrot head has in any news bit they produce. If you do a piece on Jimmy, confirm your sources with the Head Parrot himself....
You probably shouldn't trust any television news program as your source of information any more than you should assume that just because some folks question a document's authenticity that it means its fake.

As far as I know the jury is still out on the authenticity which means, at this point, CBS hasn't lost any credibility.
If anybody KNOWS anything about Jimmy, they would know that Ed Bradley and Jimmy are very good friends. I assure everybody that this will be a great program on 60 minutes!

Ceol na Mara
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: "Jimmy Dreams"
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Frzn Strwbrry Daq w/real strwbrr & real cream

Post by Ceol na Mara »

I went to both the Sunday and the Wednesday 60 Minutes websites, but they don't have it listed yet. However......

If you go to this page http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
and go to the right, and click "Celebrity Photos", and then click "Jimmy Buffett" you will see 19 pictures of Jimmy.

prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

Key Lime Lee wrote:

Its more than just questions former FBI investigators say they are fake. They probly are many will do anyhting to hurt a politicle leader and i feel sorry for them that they just have no lives.

Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song

Post by Key Lime Lee »

prthd4353 wrote:
Key Lime Lee wrote:

Its more than just questions former FBI investigators say they are fake. They probly are many will do anyhting to hurt a politicle leader and i feel sorry for them that they just have no lives.
Say they THINK they are fake... big difference. CBS has experts who say they're real. So my point remains the same - we don't know. Any assumption either way is premature.

Besides, the story was not just the docs.
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...

finsup2k
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 38

Post by finsup2k »

I'm excited to hear this report, but frankly I'm skeptical.

You see, 60 Minutes (Ed Bradley) already DID the Jimmy story a few years back. It was at about the same time his "Don't Stop the Carnival" play was coming out and the story was very well done.

If I'm wrong, I'll be one happy tv-watcher that night.
"As the son of a son of a sailor I went out on the sea for adventure..."

Captain Joe
I have found me a home

Post by Captain Joe »

finsup2k wrote:I'm excited to hear this report, but frankly I'm skeptical.

You see, 60 Minutes (Ed Bradley) already DID the Jimmy story a few years back. It was at about the same time his "Don't Stop the Carnival" play was coming out and the story was very well done.

Jimmy and Ed Bradley have been friends for years. I saw Jimmy in New Orleans in 1989 and Ed (who had a few drinks in him) jumped up on the stage and was dancing with the backup singers. Good fun.
The Seas in my veins

weirdo0521
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by weirdo0521 »

finsup2k wrote:I'm excited to hear this report, but frankly I'm skeptical.

I recall two previous pieces about Jimmy on 60 minutes.....I doubt it would be airing this week..but I've been wrong before........
Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
http://www.LPRFC.com

prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

Key Lime Lee wrote:
prthd4353 wrote:
Key Lime Lee wrote:

Say they THINK they are fake... big difference. CBS has experts who say they're real. So my point remains the same - we don't know. Any assumption either way is premature.

Besides, the story was not just the docs.
No they are fake. Your wrong.

sailingagain
Touch of Island Fever
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republic
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Any random tequila shot

Post by sailingagain »

Four Play wrote:I just hope they don't focus the bit on his "overnight success" :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"In the morning when you rise, aren't you glad to be alive?"

prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

standard Ms office settings, sad what people do :(

prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

standard Ms office settings, sad what people do :(

Square Grouper fisherman

Post by Square Grouper fisherman »

The Ralph MacDonald website has photo(s) of the 60 min film crew at Fenway
...80 feet in the waterline, nicely making way.

MickeyG
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by MickeyG »

I heard on the news this morning that now Frank Abignale, the the master forger turned crime buster that the movie "Catch me if you can was made about", examined the docs. He said they are not only obvious forgeries, but very poor ones at that. He also said, "If I had done forgeries of that quality, the movie would have had to be titled 'Catch me in two days' " !
...Keepin' it Jimmy!!!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Ceol na Mara wrote:I went to both the Sunday and the Wednesday 60 Minutes websites, but they don't have it listed yet. However......

If you go to this page http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
and go to the right, and click "Celebrity Photos", and then click "Jimmy Buffett" you will see 19 pictures of Jimmy.
My officemate has a friend who works for 60 Minutes. I asked her about this and she said she'll call her friend and get the scoop.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here