60 Minutes films Buffett in Boston

Buffett News and Comments

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Caribbean Soul
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Captain Joe wrote:Jimmy and Ed Bradley have been friends for years. I saw Jimmy in New Orleans in 1989 and Ed (who had a few drinks in him) jumped up on the stage and was dancing with the backup singers. Good fun.
He was also on stage at Great Woods in 1999, too (with his dog :lol: ). He played tambourine and sang on "I Will Play For Gumbo" and then came back drung the encores to sing back-up (along with Savannah Jane) on Uncle John's Band. Then at the NYC benefit concert in 2001 in MSG, Jimmy had him sing that old beach music tune "60 Minute Man" :D
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Ed Bradley has also been onstage with JB at Jones Beach at least twice that I can remember. The second time Angelica Huston was there too.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

LIPH wrote:My officemate has a friend who works for 60 Minutes. I asked her about this and she said she'll call her friend and get the scoop.
Hey, maybe you'll turn out to be good for something after all! :)
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

It would not be unusual for 60 minutes to me working on a story that would not air for a while-because this is not a time-dependent story they could take their time editing, and air it when they have space available.

It also would not surprise me to have a story dealing with Jimmy's new-found success (overnight sensation, etc), highlighting the Fenway appearances.

Buffett PHan
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Buffett PHan »

Can't trust CBS........too bad all news networks aren't "fair and ballanced."

Buffett PHan
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Buffett PHan »

Oops.....that's "fair and balanced."

buffettfanforever
Southeast of disorder

i heard the buffett video is going to be a fake.

Post by buffettfanforever »

they pieced it together with other video.

Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song

Post by Key Lime Lee »

Buffett PHan wrote:Can't trust CBS........too bad all news networks aren't "fair and balanced."
Ironic that "fair and balanced" is used by the one network that does not believe in striving for journalistic objectivity.
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...

Desdamona
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Desdamona »

Ceol na Mara wrote:I went to both the Sunday and the Wednesday 60 Minutes websites, but they don't have it listed yet. However......

If you go to this page http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
and go to the right, and click "Celebrity Photos", and then click "Jimmy Buffett" you will see 19 pictures of Jimmy.
And one picture of PHAW and SGH! (#10)
Image Image

PHAW Webmistress
Parrothead Pimpette

Post by PHAW Webmistress »

Desdamona wrote:
Ceol na Mara wrote:I went to both the Sunday and the Wednesday 60 Minutes websites, but they don't have it listed yet. However......

If you go to this page http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml
and go to the right, and click "Celebrity Photos", and then click "Jimmy Buffett" you will see 19 pictures of Jimmy.
And one picture of PHAW and SGH! (#10)
OMG!!! Thanks for pointing that out Des :D

prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

Key Lime Lee wrote:
Buffett PHan wrote:Can't trust CBS........too bad all news networks aren't "fair and balanced."
Ironic that "fair and balanced" is used by the one network that does not believe in striving for journalistic objectivity.
yeah, what network is that?

razor9edge
Nibblin' on sponge cake

60 minutes can still handle the "ligher" news stor

Post by razor9edge »

I think 60 minutes can still handle the "ligher" news stories. Given their obvious bias, I would not trust any CBS news story related to politics.

Maybe they should apply to become a "527" group....

BTW: Has anyone noticed that, in general, people that dislike Fox news can not tell the difference between "news" and "op/ed"?

Key Lime Lee
Living My Life Like A Song

Re: 60 minutes can still handle the "ligher" news

Post by Key Lime Lee »

razor9edge wrote:BTW: Has anyone noticed that, in general, people that dislike Fox news can not tell the difference between "news" and "op/ed"?
Actually I was thinking just the opposite... it always seems to be the folks who LIKE Fox news who confuse the two...

Fox makes no distinction between news and editorial - it presents the news in an editorial format without the usual attempts at journalistic impartiality. Which is fine - this is a free country and they're not obligated to be impartial.

But "fair and balanced" is not an accurate description of what they present and they're doing nothing to preserve or even respect the tradition of journalism.

Not that any network cares about journalism when ad revenues are concerned but...
Eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus...

PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

Key Lime Lee wrote:
razor9edge wrote:BTW: Has anyone noticed that, in general, people that dislike Fox news can not tell the difference between "news" and "op/ed"?
Actually I was thinking just the opposite... it always seems to be the folks who LIKE Fox news who confuse the two...

Fox makes no distinction between news and editorial - it presents the news in an editorial format without the usual attempts at journalistic impartiality. Which is fine - this is a free country and they're not obligated to be impartial.

But "fair and balanced" is not an accurate description of what they present and they're doing nothing to preserve or even respect the tradition of journalism.

Not that any network cares about journalism when ad revenues are concerned but...
Lee is that banner getting heavy?

Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

According to Mailboat the JB interview will air on Wednesday October 6th.

http://www.mailboatrecords.com/
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

razor9edge wrote:I think 60 minutes can still handle the "ligher" news stories. Given their obvious bias, I would not trust any CBS news story related to politics.

Maybe they should apply to become a "527" group....

BTW: Has anyone noticed that, in general, people that dislike Fox news can not tell the difference between "news" and "op/ed"?
Neither can Rupert Murdoch...

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Caribbean Soul wrote:
Captain Joe wrote:Jimmy and Ed Bradley have been friends for years. I saw Jimmy in New Orleans in 1989 and Ed (who had a few drinks in him) jumped up on the stage and was dancing with the backup singers. Good fun.
He was also on stage at Great Woods in 1999, too (with his dog :lol: ). He played tambourine and sang on "I Will Play For Gumbo" and then came back drung the encores to sing back-up (along with Savannah Jane) on Uncle John's Band. Then at the NYC benefit concert in 2001 in MSG, Jimmy had him sing that old beach music tune "60 Minute Man" :D
I believe that Mr. Bradley also got along fairly well with "Peetsie" too. He would be what you might call a long-time friend of the family I think. :)