Me Four...and Five...and Six an so on!! :D

Come back Dave! We need you!! :D :D :D :wink:
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: Song and Set List Database

Post by ejr »

Migration Michelle wrote:Me Four...and Five...and Six an so on!! :D

Come back Dave! We need you!! :D :D :D :wink:

Add me to the list of Dave's fans--we miss you!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Migration Michelle »

ANYONE that visits this site and uses the Set List Database or Song and Lyric Database should be a fan
of Gingerbreadman!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Come back, Dave!!! We miss you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

While it's well known that Dave was instrumental in assisting with the Set List database, Dave has been banned from BN for violating the rules and regulations of the Terms and Conditions for this site.
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

SMLCHNG wrote:While it's well known that Dave was instrumental in assisting with the Set List database, Dave has been banned from BN for violating the rules and regulations of the Terms and Conditions for this site.
WOW!!! :o :o :o

Is this a permanent ban, or a vacation?
ImageImage

Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

SMLCHNG wrote:While it's well known that Dave was instrumental in assisting with the Set List database, Dave has been banned from BN for violating the rules and regulations of the Terms and Conditions for this site.
And which rule/regulation would that be?

It must have been a good one for you to ban the person who set up the setlist database and provided tons of people here with recordings and vine CD's over the years.

He was the one who did all the accurate setlisting for years. Not once have I seen a "Song Dave Doesn't Know" listed in the setlist.
Candyman
License to Chill

Post by Candyman »

Penny,

Any idea of what rules or regulations were broken? GBM is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Actually he is one of the most pro Buffett News members I have met. Hope the owner of this site reconsiders this ban. It would also be good to know the rules that were broken so the rest of us don't repeat them.

Thanks,
Dan
Life is Sweet!
Candyman
License to Chill

Post by Candyman »

Migration Michelle wrote:

It must have been a good one for you to ban the person who set up the setlist database and provided tons of people here with recordings and vine CD's over the years.

He was the one who did all the accurate setlisting for years. Not once have I seen a "Song Dave Doesn't Know" listed in the setlist.
Please tell me the "Song Dave Doesn't know post" is not the reason he was banned??? If anyone has ever worked with a Database they understand why things have to be spelled the same way for things to work. You have to be consistent with your entries.
Life is Sweet!
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Candyman wrote:
Penny,

Any idea of what rules or regulations were broken? GBM is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Actually he is one of the most pro Buffett News members I have met. Hope the owner of this site reconsiders this ban. It would also be good to know the rules that were broken so the rest of us don't repeat them.

Thanks,
Dan
Not sure you will get an answer, Dan. Dave didn't even get an answer to numerous emails and pm's. No one ever told him why he was banned.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

phjim wrote:All users of the Discussion Board are reminded to read the following terms that they agreed to when registering:

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

Members who use the board to email other users will also be bound by the rules for posting messages. In addition members who abuse the email option by sending inappropiate material may be reported to their ISP and email service provider (because the IP address is recorded).

Additional rules:

- Users should treat the moderators and the board admin with courtesy and respect. Any name calling or using obscene language will not be tolerated. Any issues you have with a moderator will be handled by the admin of the board by sending an email to info@buffettnews.com.

- Creating a new username that's similar to existing usernames for the purpose of imitating another user is prohibited.

- Impersonating a moderator or admin will not be tolerated.

- No soliciting other Buffett fan web sites without first getting permission from the administrator. This includes posting messages, signature lines, and unsolicited private messages. Request permission by sending an email to: info@buffettnews.com

- Soliciting tickets is only allowed in the Ticket Exchange (ads for tickets for sale at face value only).

Each violation of these terms will be treated on a case by case basis. A warning, temporary ban, or permanent ban from the discussion board may be put into effect for users who violate the policies.

http://www.buffettnews.com/content/terms/

(Updated 3/1/2006)
A lot of assumptions going on here. This ban was a group decision. Personally I resent your accusations that it was ‘good for me’. The moderators do not ban members.
phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!

Post by phjrsaunt »

Here's the thing:
I'm also grateful to Dave for his positive contribuitions.
BUT:
Why anyone was banned from this board really is not an appopriate conversaton to have publicly. You may address further comments about that topic to Penny and me via private message. I'm not saying we'll provide further details about why anyone was banned (probably not anyone else's business), but I am saying that this does not need to discussed publicly anymore.

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

I guess that is the problem with the written word instead of the spoken word. By "It must have been a good one", I meant "It must have been a pretty bad violation" not that it must have been good for you.
Candyman
License to Chill

Post by Candyman »

Candyman wrote:
Penny,

Thanks,
Dan
Not sure you will get an answer, Dan. Dave didn't even get an answer to numerous emails and pm's. No one ever told him why he was banned.
Wow!!! :( :( :( I'll PM the Moderators and Admin and see if I can get a response that way. This has to be a HUGE misunderstanding. :(
Life is Sweet!
Candyman
License to Chill

Post by Candyman »

SMLCHNG wrote:
phjim wrote:All users of the Discussion Board are reminded to read the following terms that they agreed to when registering:

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

Members who use the board to email other users will also be bound by the rules for posting messages. In addition members who abuse the email option by sending inappropiate material may be reported to their ISP and email service provider (because the IP address is recorded).

Additional rules:

- Users should treat the moderators and the board admin with courtesy and respect. Any name calling or using obscene language will not be tolerated. Any issues you have with a moderator will be handled by the admin of the board by sending an email to info@buffettnews.com.

- Creating a new username that's similar to existing usernames for the purpose of imitating another user is prohibited.

- Impersonating a moderator or admin will not be tolerated.

- No soliciting other Buffett fan web sites without first getting permission from the administrator. This includes posting messages, signature lines, and unsolicited private messages. Request permission by sending an email to: info@buffettnews.com

- Soliciting tickets is only allowed in the Ticket Exchange (ads for tickets for sale at face value only).

Each violation of these terms will be treated on a case by case basis. A warning, temporary ban, or permanent ban from the discussion board may be put into effect for users who violate the policies.

http://www.buffettnews.com/content/terms/

(Updated 3/1/2006)
A lot of assumptions going on here. This ban was a group decision. Personally I resent your accusations that it was ‘good for me’. The moderators do not ban members.
Sorry :oops:

I was posting while you were posting. I'll PM each of the moderators and Admin privately going forward. I think in the end it would be nice if the board aka the BN Family knew what was going on. Just my .02 cents.
Life is Sweet!
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

phjrsaunt wrote:Here's the thing:
BUT:
Why anyone was banned from this board really is not an appopriate conversaton to have publicly. You may address further comments about that topic to Penny and me via private message. I'm not saying we'll provide further details about why anyone was banned (probably not anyone else's business), but I am saying that this does not need to discussed publicly anymore.
I couldn't agree with you more. I think why someone is banned is a private matter and should be discussed only with that person. In this case however, it was not even discussed with him. He sent multiple emails and was not given a reason. I sent a pm to the administration this past week and did not receive any response whatsoever. I was not asking for an explanation just stating all the reasons why I felt the ban should be lifted.

For the record, it was a moderator who publicly told everyone that Dave was banned. Up until that point, everyone else was just stating that they missed Dave. I don't think most people even knew.
It was a direct slam and was unnecessary in this thread. I don't recall EVER seeing a public statement from a moderator that someone was banned.
Of course, I've never seen moderators insult their board members on Facebook either. I am beginning to see how things operate.
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

phjrsaunt wrote:Here's the thing:
BUT:
I couldn't agree with you more. I think why someone is banned is a private matter and should be discussed only with that person. In this case however, it was not even discussed with him. He sent multiple emails and was not given a reason. I sent a pm to the administration this past week and did not receive any response whatsoever. I was not asking for an explanation just stating all the reasons why I felt the ban should be lifted.

For the record, it was a moderator who publicly told everyone that Dave was banned. Up until that point, everyone else was just stating that they missed Dave. I don't think most people even knew.
It was a direct slam and was unnecessary in this thread. I don't recall EVER seeing a public statement from a moderator that someone was banned.
Of course, I've never seen moderators insult their board members on Facebook either. I am beginning to see how things operate.

Me too...you knew what was going on, that GBM was banned, yet posted " Come back Dave we miss you". That is called stirring the pot, and is BS. I personally see the Mods doing a good job, and being very tolerant to allow members to make their point. A good example of that is your last post, which I would call insulting to them.
All that said, I like GBM, appreciate all he has done for BN, and hope his ban is not permanent.
ImageImage

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Migration Michelle wrote:I don't recall EVER seeing a public statement from a moderator that someone was banned.
You mustn't have been paying attention. I've seen several comments from the mods over the years about people being banned, some permanently, some for a "vacation".
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

I learned a lot from these posts. Today was the first time I read the "rules." I remember when Jahfin was put on "permanent vacation." I often got into debates with him.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays