What to do if you meet Mr Buffett

Buffett News and Comments

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

What to do if you meet Mr Buffett

Post by Pleasin & Teasin »

The Capital Times has an article on a fan's encounter with Jimmy Buffett: "Doug Moe: Parrothead's chance doesn't waste away"

magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

Gosh - no clue what I would I would do - I think Emmy did ok.
And raccoons brought wine and the mice they brought cheese...

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Nice story! Thanks P&T!

Found a nice photo of a surfer at Ditch Plains Beach.

http://www.surfinside.com/Pic's%20Link/ ... ontauk.jpg

caly
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: skinny pirate
Location: St. Thomas, but not the one in U.S.V.I....Canada!!!

Post by caly »

I saw him in his van in Toronto and he waved hang loose at Audra and I and I did just about what I thought I would do. I had tears of joy streaming down my cheeks and chicken skin.

If seeing him in a store, I would:
a) not have already had my fair share of alcohol, so emotions would not be as uncontrollable
b) stalked for a moment to have time to touch reality and get a grip
c) pray to God that I had my camera and asked if it was not too much of an imposition, if I could have a pic taken with him. If he said no, I think I would have been disappointed at the time but in time understand his right to privacy.

Most of all I hope this actually happens in my life time,

freaky4tiki
Party at the End of the World

Post by freaky4tiki »

wow-- emmy really kept her cool.... I'm impressed!
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be happy!

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I've often wondered what I would do or say. It would be wonderful just to run into him up close. Depending on the situation, personally I would surely want to shake his hand and just thank him.

dawgfan
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 52

Post by dawgfan »

I was really expecting to be in shock, but he was so genuine it was just like talking to a friend. I am not sure how the majority of celeberties are but Jimmy is just a cool person he makes you very comfortable.

My wife a little star struck see how big her eyes are in picture below. My daughter just kept saying he was the man dad, we met the man. :D

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

conched wrote:I've often wondered what I would do or say. It would be wonderful just to run into him up close. Depending on the situation, personally I would surely want to shake his hand and just thank him.
Actually, what I would really want to do is to hug him, but I couldnt do that, any more than i hugged Mac when i met him this week at Joe's pub:
http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r197 ... 181-76.jpg

drunkpirate66
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I actually yelled at Jimmy once to stop smoking outside the Muse here on Nantucket . . . I was ignored. Good times.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

drunkpirate66 wrote:I actually yelled at Jimmy once to stop smoking outside the Muse here on Nantucket . . . I was ignored. Good times.
You're a lucky man!

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
conched wrote:I've often wondered what I would do or say. It would be wonderful just to run into him up close. Depending on the situation, personally I would surely want to shake his hand and just thank him.
Actually, what I would really want to do is to hug him, but I couldnt do that, any more than i hugged Mac when i met him this week at Joe's pub:
http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r197 ... 181-76.jpg
Nice photo. And Mac looks so huggable!

drunkpirate66
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

conched wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:I actually yelled at Jimmy once to stop smoking outside the Muse here on Nantucket . . . I was ignored. Good times.
You're a lucky man!
not really. just got lucky with a job that lets me live on an island that Jimmy visits every so often . . . 9 months a year Nantucket is dead and boring. I did get to see the Man play a bar or two here so in that aspect I am very lucky . . .
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

conched wrote:Nice photo. And Mac looks so huggable!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice lookin' shirt!

Clearly, as Mac has said before... He DOES work hard for being such a lazy man!
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
Actually, what I would really want to do is to hug him, but I couldnt do that, any more than i hugged Mac when i met him this week at Joe's pub
You were at Joe's Pub? I don't believe I missed you in such a small place. :o
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

LIPH wrote:
Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
Actually, what I would really want to do is to hug him, but I couldnt do that, any more than i hugged Mac when i met him this week at Joe's pub
You did, sir, you did!!! My lovely niece and I sat just at Mac's feet next to the stage.....and with no intermission, we never walked around. And the place was so dark...i tried to look around for any familiar face, but unless they were sitting next to us, they werent visible...were you up near the bar?
Of course, you may have missed me because you were looking at my gorgeous niece...there's always that..... [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
You did, sir, you did!!! My lovely niece and I sat just at Mac's feet next to the stage.....and with no intermission, we never walked around. And the place was so dark...i tried to look around for any familiar face, but unless they were sitting next to us, they werent visible...were you up near the bar?
Of course, you may have missed me because you were looking at my gorgeous niece...there's always that..... [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
We were in a booth 2 steps up from the floor. I was with TropicAl, Mrs. TropicAl, a friend of theirs and spooner. Christine was supposed to be there but she had some kind of excuse, something about having a lot of gall, or a full bladder or something like that.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

pojo
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by pojo »

I'd make sure he'd fly on the Hurricane Hunter aircraft!

boode41
Nibblin' on sponge cake

meeting jimmy

Post by boode41 »

I would love to meet him just to say hi......and maybe get a picture with him.

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!

LIPH wrote:
Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Pleasin & Teasin wrote:
We were in a booth 2 steps up from the floor. I was with TropicAl, Mrs. TropicAl, a friend of theirs and spooner. Christine was supposed to be there but she had some kind of excuse, something about having a lot of gall, or a full bladder or something like that.
Well, sorry i missed you. We raced right out without looking around to go back and meet Mac.....

PHMike42
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and Coke

Song credit for 'Take the Weather With You' is wrong

Post by PHMike42 »

From the article -
"The attitude is revealed on a song he wrote on his latest CD, "Take the Weather With You.""
I don't think Jimmy wrote this song. It was Neil Finn and Tim Finn of
Crowded House in 1991.
I like Jimmy's version better.

Fins Up!
- Mike
“You’re always learning about this thing (guitar) every time you pick it up.” ~ Keith Richards