Buffett Visits Google Headquarters

Buffett News and Comments

Moderator: SMLCHNG

photogal
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Post by photogal »

ok so why doesnt anyone else think that anyone worth their salt would NOT play these corporate gigs?? Just wondering......
Believe, Be Light, Be Love.........p.mayer
looking4OPH
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (frozen, salt); drink, repeat

Choices

Post by looking4OPH »

photogal wrote:ok so why doesnt anyone else think that anyone worth their salt would NOT play these corporate gigs?? Just wondering......
It is an interesting question. I've been watching lots of videos of Jimmy from way back in the early 70's to today. Interesting to watch his career progress and he/his style change. Alot of what he does these days feels like 'corporate sellout', but it is just what he is now. We really have little control over his direction (unless you think individual people not buying Landshark or Margaritaville brands will truly affect his direction). The way I see it, we have several choices; We can lament for the days past, embrace what he is today, or let him go. I'm trying to do a combo of the first two.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

photogal wrote:ok so why doesnt anyone else think that anyone worth their salt would NOT play these corporate gigs?? Just wondering......
I wanted to comment, but I don't feel like dealing with the backlash. I'm not a fan of google due to their privacy policy. I try to use Scroogle when I can.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

moog wrote:
I wanted to comment, but I don't feel like dealing with the backlash. I'm not a fan of Google due to their privacy policy. I try to use Scroogle when I can.
skou
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat drinks, One Particular Harbor, Only one? Sorry, I've got LOTS!
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Cruzan Black/Costco spice rum and coke/rootbeer.

Post by skou »

~Hippolyte~ wrote:
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:Cool!

I had to google "Google" to see where there headquarters is... :o :lol:
is it not right around the corner from Shoreline?

I know they have some offices in that area anyway.
It's just right next door.

Funny, the last time I was at Shoreline, it was Mt View's municipal refuse area. (Yep, the city dump was where Shoreline park is, along with the Googleplex.)

steve
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

Jimmy Buffett supports Google? Sorry, my internet searching will now be done at AltaVista.

:wink:
JW
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by JW »

pbans wrote:We never get cool stuff like that where I work......
:wink: :wink:
I was thinking the same thing about where I work!...oh well..
"..and I say someday I will..."

Jeff

Image Image
JW
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by JW »

moog wrote:
I wanted to comment, but I don't feel like dealing with the backlash. I'm not a fan of google due to their privacy policy. I try to use Scroogle when I can.
Well, since we're sort of discussing alternatives to Google, here's a charity plug - check out http://www.goodsearch.com. You can select a charity (I use Main Street United Methodist Church - Mansfield, Oh - your support would be greatly appreciated!) and roughly a penny per search will be donated to your favorite charity. I think it uses the Yahoo search engine, so it's usually pretty good. They also have a shopping option ( http://www.goodshop.com) that donates a percentage of your purchases from eBay, Amazon, Home Depot, and many more online shopping sites. I haven't searched for any Parrothead clubs or charities, but if your favorite isn't listed, you can submit it.
"..and I say someday I will..."

Jeff

Image Image
Parrothead27330
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: This week.......Tin Cup Chalice
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie....of course

Re: Buffett Visits Google Headquarters

Post by Parrothead27330 »

WTH was that?

PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Re:

Post by PHarmGirl »

JW wrote:
moog wrote:
Well, since we're sort of discussing alternatives to Google, here's a charity plug - check out http://www.goodsearch.com. You can select a charity (I use Main Street United Methodist Church - Mansfield, Oh - your support would be greatly appreciated!) and roughly a penny per search will be donated to your favorite charity. I think it uses the Yahoo search engine, so it's usually pretty good. They also have a shopping option ( http://www.goodshop.com) that donates a percentage of your purchases from eBay, Amazon, Home Depot, and many more online shopping sites. I haven't searched for any Parrothead clubs or charities, but if your favorite isn't listed, you can submit it.
Hmmmm ... interesting ... wonder if we could submit Parties That Matter?
Bill? Calling Bill ..... :D
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Re: Re:

Post by buffettbride »

PHarmGirl wrote:
JW wrote:
moog wrote:
Hmmmm ... interesting ... wonder if we could submit Parties That Matter?
Bill? Calling Bill ..... :D
I'm pretty sure that you can. PTM is a 501c3, which is what you have to be to get on goodsearch and goodshop.

Also, speaking of money for PTM, if your employee has matching funds for volunteering, there may be some opportunity for those who support PTM/FFF parties and such. How awesome is it that going to FFF could raise more money for PTM via your employer.

Just sayin'.
Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

Thanks for the phone call Lori. I just submitted PTM to goodsearch. The confirmation message said it usually takes a few days to become active in the database, so we'll see.
It was a pleasure and a hell of an evening
Truly was our night to win
But the authorities insist on my leaving
Take care my American friend
Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

This just in - PTM is active on goodsearch.com and also on goodshop.com
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Mr Play wrote:This just in - PTM is active on goodsearch.com and also on goodshop.com
[smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Mr Play
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Mr Play »

To clarify, it is listed as "Parties That Matter" in Garland, TX.
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Mr Play wrote:To clarify, it is listed as "Parties That Matter" in Garland, TX.
Both thumbs up and an "attaboy" out to ya pal.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Not sure if anyone else is using this since we haven't really put the word out yet, but I think I raised $.50 in a 24-hour period just using it for my search engine ..... with lots of supporters it could be worth it!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

PHarmGirl wrote:Not sure if anyone else is using this since we haven't really put the word out yet, but I think I raised $.50 in a 24-hour period just using it for my search engine ..... with lots of supporters it could be worth it!!!

Maybe Bill can let us know how that's working out??
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

pair8head wrote:
PHarmGirl wrote:Not sure if anyone else is using this since we haven't really put the word out yet, but I think I raised $.50 in a 24-hour period just using it for my search engine ..... with lots of supporters it could be worth it!!!

Maybe Bill can let us know how that's working out??
site says $2.12