Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Newbie in need os some shows

Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

AManofGonzo

Newbie in need os some shows

Post by AManofGonzo » September 28, 2002 2:08 pm

Please help! I have no buffet shows and would like to start a collection. My list is at www.phishhook.com/lists/cheechblues.
Cheech

xqwzt98
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by xqwzt98 » October 20, 2002 12:36 pm

Were always willing to help out fellow parrotheads, especially newbies. Go to www.thebeachisopen.com and we'll help you out!

OhioPirate

Post by OhioPirate » November 28, 2002 1:24 am

I'd like to add some Buffett to my collection as well. Is there any site that offers fair trades and b+p's ????

that thebeachisopen.com site is a rip-off. You should never have to send extra CDs as payment for someone to burn a show for you. What happened to spreading the music for the love of the music?!?

If anyone wants to read how a true b+p (blank and postage) should be done read this site:
http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/

If anyone can help me with a b+p or trade please email me or post here:
jreynolds_4@hotmail.com

Check my list here:
http://db.etree.org/jreynolds_4
I have over 230 show but alas, no Jimmy. Any help would be appreciated.

sirgumby77
Inactive User
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by sirgumby77 » December 1, 2002 10:12 pm

Ok OhioPirate

1. First of all no one has a list as big as we do
2. If you do not like the way we run stuff, do not ask for anything from us.
3. The link you sent is a SUGGESTION for how to do B&P
4. We offer a service where we DO NOT CHARGE. Asking a 2 for 1 is not a big deal at all--when the shows are HARD TO FIND. People can come to us anytime and ask for a show----not like mentioned in the website you sent where he will only take the first 5 people who email them.

Think about it-----is 2 extra blank cds which costs almost nothing, better then paying $20+ on ebay for a show, probably from someone who is not a parrothead at all?

OhioPirate

Post by OhioPirate » December 1, 2002 11:25 pm

Just thought I'd reply to this in part to be clear in what I was stating.

<<1. First of all no one has a list as big as we do>>
I would not doubt this. It seems you have quite a collection.

<<2. If you do not like the way we run stuff, do not ask for anything from us. >>
I wasn't asking for anything in particular from you. I don't believe I have any shows from bands you accept trades from, and I prefer to obtain shows on a disc for disc basis in b&p's. Therefore, it wouldn't work well for either of us. However, I won't say I'll never ask for a show from you guys because there could be a show I can't find anywhere else. (see number 1)

<<3. The link you sent is a SUGGESTION for how to do B&P >>
In all trading circles I'm involved with, this site is bible of sorts. I agree that other people may choose to handle b+p's differently. But see my rebuttal in number 4.

<<4. We offer a service where we DO NOT CHARGE. Asking a 2 for 1 is not a big deal at all--when the shows are HARD TO FIND. People can come to us anytime and ask for a show----not like mentioned in the website you sent where he will only take the first 5 people who email them. >>
Most traders I deal with REFUSE to trade or b+p any show where any extra incetives change hands (read as: money or extra discs) Its a privilege to tape and trade shows of our favorite artist...not our RIGHT. The fact that these recordings cannot be used for profit is a staple in every taping policy that any band has ever created. Many people consider extra discs as profit. Any business class will teach you that profit does not have to mean $$$. It is simply anything of value. I just try to obey by the artists wishes. No profit from the trading of live shows. Whether or not the show is hard to find should not be a consideration making it all right to ask for a few extra discs to be thrown in.

"Think about it-----is 2 extra blank cds which costs almost nothing, better then paying $20+ on ebay for a show, probably from someone who is not a parrothead at all?"
Absolutely. I find myself constantly reporting people on ebay and refering them to the band's taping policy. I just feel there are better methods to obtaining shows then having to supply extra discs as payment. Albeit, it is a much preferred method than having to pay an actual dollar figure.

I certainly did not mean to stir controversy. It seems your site is very beneficial to people on this board and many people have zero qualms with how you run your site. I'm glad the music is being spread and more people get to experience these live Buffett shows. I just feel the music should be spread just for the satisfaction of helping others get started and enjoying the music, rather than for the (debatable) profit from the extra discs.

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar » December 3, 2002 11:24 am

To me, the extra cd's do not qualify for profit, as long as they are what they use to record new shows on in the future. I assume they might keep master sets somewhere safe, and use their own cd's to burn themselves copies to listen to. But I am just assuming after all, and you know what happens when you assume! :wink:

I haven't used them yet, but I'm just happy to know they're out there if needed.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave