Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Jokelben 2.0 Access Info

Post by SunLover »

The updated Jokelben portal site is currently ONLINE! I know, I know... Finally!

Jokelben 2.0 Portal

I apologize for the delays associated with the launch and thanks for your patience. Please understand that I was building up the site from scratch and wanted to do thorough testing of the new registration component as well as navigation, formatting, etc. I am not a professional web developer. I have done a few basic websites on the side for personal use or small businesses and take each site as an opportunity to learn new techniques. In this case, protecting content access was my objective.

That said, the new Jokelben portal now has a free registration that will enable you to gain access to the server logon info. We decided to setup a registration process in an effort to deter people from selling the server link. When the previous portal page that included a Recaptcha element was active, we observed Ebay auctions for "LIVE Jimmy Buffett: link to shows MP3's" or similar verbiage. When the server was locked down, the Ebay auctions were ended due to "item no longer available". The Ebay seller never confirmed that they were selling access to Jokelben, but the auction timing and description were too coincidental for it not to be a Jokelben link.

I hope the registration process is okay with you. It is our effort to protect this great collection of JB shows. If you have any questions or problems with the registration or other site issues, please post it here, PM me, or send an email from the Registration "Thanks" page. During this weekend, registration activity is expected to be heavy, so bear with it if there are any problems.

Again, THANKS for your patience during this down time. Also BIG THANKS to urlcenter for keeping BN / BW updated and with helping with the Ebay mess. I know the natives were restless during this time and his updates helped.
hawaiiboy
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by hawaiiboy »

It looks great SunLover.
No act of kindness
no matter how small
is ever wasted
cm22lmr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: "Lone Palm"
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Irish whiskey

Post by cm22lmr »

No apologies necessary! Your efforts are very much appreciated! :D
keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Mango Margarita

Post by keynorthwestprthd »

Works great! Big thanks! hopefully the upgrade keeps unscrupulous characters from profiting from your hard work.
bren924
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by bren924 »

A big thank you to everyone involved with maintaining and updating this collection!

------------------------------------------------------
1993-2022
Boston Strong! 5/30/13
See you at Great Woods 8/13/22!
cav8000
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by cav8000 »

I cannot register on jokelben. I can't get past the captcha. No matter what I enter, it always says: "Not Acceptable! An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

What's going on with jokelben? Is there another way to register?
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

cav8000 wrote: November 27, 2018 7:33 pm I cannot register on jokelben. I can't get past the captcha. No matter what I enter, it always says: "Not Acceptable! An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

What's going on with jokelben? Is there another way to register?
I'm sorry you had problems with the registration. I just tested the registration process twice and had no problem with it.

An initial research of the error message, specifically the "mod security" part, seems to be a method of preventing DDOS attacks. However, I can't find anything specific to the site protection app I'm using on jokelben. The error may be triggered by the email domain you are using to register. Can you send me a PM with the email you are using, so I can test with it? I promise I won't spam you! :wink:

Another thing you can try is using a different email address, like gmail or yahoo. Those domains have registered successfully without any issues. Just be sure it is a valid email, so you can receive your logon info.

If possible, I'll dig into the code later tonight to see if there are specific domains that are blocked within the mod security object.
cav8000
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by cav8000 »

Ok, thanks. I sent you a pm. However, the message I sent is only showing in my outbox, not in my sent folder. I guess it went through. Not sure.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

cav8000 wrote: November 28, 2018 8:54 am Ok, thanks. I sent you a pm. However, the message I sent is only showing in my outbox, not in my sent folder. I guess it went through. Not sure.
I got it. Reply has been sent. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
cav8000
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by cav8000 »

Thanks!