Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

2018 Ravens Baseball/Equestrian

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

2018 Ravens Baseball/Equestrian

Post by johnson2113 » June 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Ryanne has finally started doing what she wants to do, riding horses. I haven't seen an animal that doesn't do what she wants them to do. Even a large beast like a horse. Someone, who knows much more about equestrian than I do, commented that she was really good and this was her first competition.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Re: 2018 Ravens Baseball/Equestrian

Post by johnson2113 » June 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Her and her crew absolutely run the ball fields.

This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken. This is why I take pictures. 1,000 words does this shot injustice.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 » June 18, 2018 3:53 pm

I will take a moment here while I have some pictures photoshopping. We spent last weekend at an out of tournament. Stay to play? Bub covered that for the team, I guess because we were the only ones to stay at the hotels for the weekend.

Now, this tournament was the demise of the Sharks, so it was a very intense weekend. Pool play is B.S. Bracket play is all that matters, as long as there are no cuts. Which we already faced this year.

On Saturday night another player and his family stayed so we all went out together. This is a new player for the Ravens, an excellent athlete, an incredible kid, and his sister is Ryanne's bestfriend. It was a good evening for everyone.

If you ever find yourself in Kansas go to the Burger Stand in Topeka or Lawrence, onion rings and marshmallow sauce will change your life. Yeah, marshmallow sauce. It's amazing.

Bub has had an amazing season already, we started the first two weeks, snowed out. It was cold and miserable, could not play baseball. Everything since then has been pretty much like playing in an oven. My tan is looking great. 8) 8)

We played in a new tournament, Bub made the all tournament team. We played the Hawaiian Hitfest for the second year and just like the first it was cold and raining the whole weekend, which was the same weekend that Jimmy kicked the tour of in Kansas City. Sprint Center is not my favorite venue to seem him, anyways. :pirate:

The first night Bub got the MVP award for pitching. The second night, after a 30 minute lightning delay, Bub got the MVP for catching. The first base coach for the OPPOSING team was losing his mind watching Bub. An inning and a half into the game I knew who they were going to award the MVP to. Some peopel were upset that he got two. It was all based on players performance as viewed by teams that they hadn't played before. He tried giving it to his head coach, to give to someone else on the team. Damn his good, pure, thinking about his team, heart. :pirate: His coach wouldn't take it though, that coach is a damn good man, he thinks the world of that whole team, he's just loud and he has to be. I really wish somoene outside of the team would tell him what a great job he does, just to hammer it home to him.

Because these caoches are bloody saints, if I was Catholic, I would bea calling the Vatican and nominating them for sainthood. The officiating has been atrocious. To be polite. We had a game a couple of weeks ago, this umpire could NOT call a strike in bowling. The strikezone was not even comprehensible. The head coach was getting pretty upset. The newest coach on the team, an old friend of the head coach, stepped in. He's a lawyer and he does not give a ****.

The umpire asked him "Are you done arguing with me?"

He replied, "No."

Well, that umpire had no idea what to say, he stood there for a moment before the coach was ejected. Then my brother in law, the IT guy for the team, is asking me how to run Game Changer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And he was ejected from the fields. It's been so bad that grandpas have had to control grandmas, husbands have had to control wives. And my ribs hurt from laughing and I have to bite my tongue to keep from being ejected myself, because I can't depend on anyone else to shoot pictures. And no one else on the team will shoot pictures or wants anyone else to shoot pictures. Not to mention they have me shooting video to analyze swing as well, so that's a new task to learn.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 » June 18, 2018 4:10 pm

On a personal note, the second half of 2015, all of 2016 and the first half 2017 was not good. I feel like things have turned a corner and it takes the stress off of me.

The second half of last year I knew I had to be better and do better. And I did. After reaching 185 pounds I slacked off and went back to 220. Worked my way back down to 200 and just kind of plateaued out. I couldn't do any better, I wouldn't do any worse.

I quit looking at everything as something I had to do.

I reached 166 pounds, I am getting ripped, my veins are popping, I'm getting better and stronger and faster. Every day. I ran a 5K the other day, faster than I did my first mile at 384 pounds.

That's not just want I want to see out of the Ravens, out of Ryanne, that's what I want to see out of everyone. If I can go lose over 215lbs. and become better every day, faster every day, stronger every day. There is no reason anyone else on this planet can do the same.

I just want to have the swagger of a guy like this.

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona » June 18, 2018 4:27 pm

[smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 » June 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Before I start getting to pictures, I need a little phin power request. Bub tried out for a USSSA team, we find out on the 24th. Several kids told him that he will make the team. He is 110% he will make the team. The adults are biting their fingernails until then. We know that he is damn sure good enough to, it's just a matter if a 2 hour tryout will show that he is as good as an actual game.

To hell with everyone else, I need a week on the beaches of Florida, watching Bub play baseball. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Between bad umpiring, and too long fields, Bub and three other guys on the team should have a homerun ball. Last weekend they three of them absolutely destroyed the ball and on any field we play in league they would have been over the fence. When these guys are hitting it to the fences at 240 feet, they should be rounding the bases. Free and clear.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie » June 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Sending Vacationland phin power to Bub. He's a BEAST!

~~/)~~/)~~/)~~
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie » June 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Ms. Ryanne has perfect form. And she looks all recovered, no worse for the wear for the cast. [smilie=coolup.gif]

txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 » June 19, 2018 1:33 pm

they are growing up way too fast!

Fins up on the try out!
I must be wishing on someone else's star....

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 » July 9, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks! Ryanne starts her first lessons in a group this week, she is very excited. Bub's summer season ends on Tuesday night. They are 11 and 7 now, it is crazy how much they have grown up.

I am way behind on my pictures and spending all day, today, catching up, just to get stared on the weekend's pictures.

Bub didn't get selected at the tryout. And taking away any bias from an uncle, they fouled up to say the least, to say the most polite thing I can think of.

We played in the state championship two weeks ago. Bub finally caught an entire game, not an entire 10 year old game, but an entire professional game. We went nine innings and over 3 hours. But caught every pitch until the last inning.

We weren't even thinking. He finally hit the wall. He was ready to collapse. Before he did though he caught a 3rd strike and threw out a base runner, for one of my favorite plays, the strikeout 'em out, throw 'em out, double play, to the end inning. He bombed one, got to third base, all it would have taken was one wild pitch, one bloop over the middle and he would have scored to win the game. It didn't help that we were on artificial turf. The temperature registered 176 degrees at one point. He ran out of juice, he was starving, he was sick to his stomach. We didn't even think about getting him food, because we have never gone that long in a game. That mistake will not be repeated in the future. His bat his on fire, he is crushing everything worth hitting.

The worst part was after that devastating loss, he laid in the hotel room the rest of the night, while his buddies went swimming and playing.

After that game, a coach from the opposing team came over to me and said

"Your boy is a great player."

I thanked him and said that he is my nephew, then called my sister over. The team was having the post game meeting, Bub got the game ball. The other coach waited 10 minutes, he wanted to shake Bub's hand and then he told him,

"We will be seeing you in the future."

I have seen Bub complimented by more opposing team coaches, than I can sit and do the math on right now. If anyone here wants an autograph before he hits the majors, or after he hits the majors, let me know. :pirate: :lol: :lol:

Last weekend started the league playoffs, 3 of our players left for vacation early, we are playing 8 men on the field right now, and we have won two games. We have one more that if we win, we are in the championship. I believe this team can do it, I know this team can do it.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 » August 30, 2018 1:44 pm

Bub didn't make the "All-Star" team, I don't know if I have mentioned this or not. I have so much extracurriculars going on, I can't remember what day it is. Forget the month.

Another kid we know, DID. He is not as good as Bub, not in the same ballpark, not in the same sport. It's all politics, BS, I'm sick of politics, too. I feel like Jimmy in 'The Weather is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful.', "Poor me, don't ever start, whatever in the hell it is I am doing."

"He's on his 3rd drink before the wheel of the plane even leave the ground."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ry is easy, she gets on those beasts that will do whatever she tells them, tries not to grin at me when I shoot a picture of her. She tries not, but she can't help it. She is so DAMN happy to be riding.

Fall season of Baseball/Football. Bub is doing what he always does, dominating/leading/playing. He got stepped on during a scrimmage. Let me tell you that was a scene.

Oh, and let me tell you I have decided to shoot video and pictures at the same time. Lost my ever-loving-mind.

I keep telling myself, if Bub wasn't as great as he is, I wouldn't be doing this, but I would do anything for those kids, I can't wait to see them, I can't wait to do anything for them. Now, might actually be the time for Uncle Jerred to do what he lives for.

I was going to start my Labor Day Weekend, (show), today, but the weather sucks and I have other stuff to work on. I live on my camera, then it's my comp., then it's my harddrives. Somehow one of my USB ports disconnected from my computer. and.... And it says it's going to take about 5 hours to download pictures.

After the scrimmage that Bub got stepped on, and still came in and dominated, he played a baseball double header. Now, God love the baseball team, but this is the most timid group of kids I have ever seen. Except Bub, he hit a grounder that got the 1st baseman off his feet. The 2nd baseman ran to first to get him out, expect he ran through first base, and Bub will never not run through 1st base. Big collision.

I've got pictures, but I can't get to them right now. When Bub plowed through the second baseman that shouldn't have been, shouldn't have tripped him, shouldn't have been such a little Son of a....

Well, he shouldn't have been there. So, when he landed, you didn't have to be a Mom or Dad, Papa or Nene, to know that wasn't good. I've seen a lot of kids hit by pitches that scream and cry, this was something different.

The coaches asked him to go out and play and he DID! Played first base better than anyone on the team has. And he laid down the three best BUNTS you have ever seen in the next game and the following Sunday. Saturday night, Mom and Dad took him to the ER to get checked out. Nothing broken, but he was hurting, the area they checked was alright. He came out the next day and competed. He did NOT give up on his team. His friends. His coaches. His family. His friends.

Oh, no. Oh, hell no! He has a separated shoulder, a dislocated collar bone, and torn tendons in his arm. He's in a sling, again. He is going to see the Royals, THE Kansas City Royals, orthopedic doctor, tomorrow. All of the coaches, baseball and football, are drinking and hyperventilating, right now.

For some reason, ME, the eternal pessimist, THE most miserable S.O.B, on the face of the planet has to be pulling everyone of the ledge. I'm such a sorry, SOB, that I live with one foot dangling off the edge of a cliff, and I have to talk everyone else off. "You don't want to be out here with me."

The prognosis from everyone is, he is done for the season, he is seriously injured. I don't know anymore than anyone else with an M.D. that hasn't seen him. And somehow I have become Ziggy Marley, 'We gotta give a little love, have a little hope.'

Because, I AM such a sick b*****d, that when we lost a game last night, I WAS happy, because it was on our catchers that didn't know what was going, but Bub would have. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

So, Nator has a practice show coming up, then an actual competition, coming up. And she is so good at this stuff. But if you could send some Phin Power her way, it would be much appreciated. And Bub has his appointment tomorrow, Friday the 31st, and he needs it, the coaches WANT it, and the rest of us that have to shoot pictures, and video, (ME), we are down on our knees asking, pleading, begging, YOU my PHFRIENDS, send them up for BUB, number 22 in your playbooks, number 1 in your hearts. Let's get his ass back out on the field!

Dr.Corona
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona » August 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Sending prayers AND /) /) phin power /) /) Bub & Ryanne's way!

And a little phin power your way as well you sick/sorry/twisted SOB...... :wink:
Now back away...far away from the ledge young man!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie » August 31, 2018 7:36 am

Dr.Corona wrote:
August 30, 2018 3:39 pm
Sending prayers AND /) /) phin power /) /) Bub & Ryanne's way!

And a little phin power your way as well you sick/sorry/twisted SOB...... :wink:
Now back away...far away from the ledge young man!!
Ditto to all of this. :lol:

~~/)~~/)~~/)~~

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Post by tailgaitingph » August 31, 2018 8:04 am

I'll 3rd what Dr C said!
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw » August 31, 2018 9:01 am

And I'll 4th that! :D

Debbie

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 » September 13, 2018 1:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you all! Much appreciated, never doubt the power of PHIN power.

I'll see if I can remember all of this right now. So Bub spent Saturday night in the ER, Nator and I hung out at her house. Bub played on Sunday, injured. After a doctor's visit on Monday, the baseball and football coaches started pulling their hair out.

"He's not hurt, he IS seriously injured." That is the quote that sticks with me the most. So, he's in a sling.

He's the bat boy for the team the next couple of games. All the grandmas Oooh and Aaah. The grandpas are panicking. He's got a big...a big grin on his face everytime he runs out to get a bat.

Of course he is going to see THE Kansas City Royals doctor that Friday. He just misses Salvador Perez by a day. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

I tell everyone, keep cool we don't anything yet. They see the first doctor. I tell them they are tough they bounce back a lot qucker than us. "Oh no, he's out for baseball, don't even think about football." Breath In, Breath Out, Move Ahead. I try to keep the level head of everyone. He sees the Royals doctor. He was injured, pretty good injury. Seperated shoulder, dislocated collar bone, that one really hurt. No torn ligaments, no torn tendons. But he is good to go. Sit out the first week of football but he is fine to play baseball.

Of course the first football game gets postponed. That just doesn't happen. He goes out and has a phenomenal baseball game, they were going to ease him back, nope. Caught the whole game. First football game, he's in, because it is 6:00PM on a Wednesday night.

How do you think that went? I'm going to spoil it for you, because I didn't even know it was a thing. They won 50 to 0. They called it after the 3rd quarter.

https://i.imgur.com/YTIzwCw.gifv

Just in case you are wondering, that is him after he tackled the punter, for a loss. :lol: :lol: :lol: