Clear Channel pushing for indecency regulations on satellite

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

Parrot Monkey wrote:Like I’ve said, not everyone, but more often then not there’s a significant equation that comes into play in these parts:

BNer = Hypocrite
One thing that I do not believe that you could call any of us who are in this thread is a hypocrite. We all stand behind our convictions pretty solidly.
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

LIPH wrote:
Jahfin wrote:You must be blind because he's already said this very thread doesn't interest him but he continues to post anyway.
"this thread" isn't "your comments". Unless you and a1aara really are the same person.
Where did I say anything about this thread being my comments? I didn't. And there you go with the same ol' asinine BS that alaara and I are the same person. Unlike some of you people I have NEVER posted here under a different screen name. Thank goodness there are boards out there where I don't have to tolerate the antics of the likes of you and your elementary school behavior.
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

PHBeerman wrote:
Jahfin wrote: You must be blind because he's already said this very thread doesn't interest him but he continues to post anyway.
*Correction*

I said that everyone agrees with the premise of this thread, but I still had to grasp at the chance to get my daily fill of "Joenathan's blood pressure rising"
You keep referring to me as "Joenathan" which is NOT my name. As for my blood pressure rising, that's another one of your assumptions. I'm merely calling you on your endless BS that grew tiresome eons ago.
Parrot Monkey
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Parrot Monkey »

PHBeerman wrote:One thing that I do not believe that you could call any of us who are in this thread is a hypocrite. We all stand behind our convictions pretty solidly.
It’s not all the time and I do see that you stand behind your convictions, but there’s just way to many times where people here say they don’t like when a certain thing is posted and end up posting on the subject themselves and/or posting in a thread about it.
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

Parrot Monkey wrote:Well, I see attempts, and I stress attempts, for the clique to try to gang up on be and pretend the whole reissue deal is complete crap. When I group of people tries to gang up, I see that as an attempt to instill fear.
We're not pretending -to many of us, the reissue deal is complete crap.

And why do you see a group of people who are expressing viewpoints contrary to yours as an attempt at instilling fear?
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

:roll: :roll:
Sheesh.. not again... :-?
PHBeerman
Here We Are

Post by PHBeerman »

SMLCHNG wrote::roll: :roll:
Sorry Queenie. I'll stop now.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

PHBeerman wrote:
Sorry Queenie. I'll stop now.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
:) Thanks, Troy. Everyone has their opinions and all that.. it's just the bickering gets kinda tiring.. :-?
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

As I've said in another post, I've done my very best to play nice with this crowd but it works both ways. If people are going to continue to stir up trouble, I'm not going to sit idly by and let them get away with it. I'm going to continue to stand up to them and call them on their BS, which is exactly what it is. Like so many needless attacks on PM as of late, this thread has again turned into an attack on him for his stance on the Buffett reissues. What in the world that has to do with Clear Channel is beyond me.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Jahfin wrote: I'm not going to sit idly by and let them get away with it.
I know, Jonathan.. you've said that many a time. But like I said many a time.. the whole thing is getting old. :-?
Parrot Monkey
I Love the Now!

Post by Parrot Monkey »

I have prime examples of the hypocrite thing do to back me up. Rednekk said many times over the reissue deal is crap and he hates it being brought up, as does Ringling Ringling…

The follwing is from the Meet Me in Margaritaville version of Volcano thread:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Oh, for a second, I thought you were sounding like Parrot Monkey. Guess I was wrong.
Here’s an intimidation attempt.

Here is a direct quote from the Teddy Ruxpin thread:
rednekkPH wrote:Does it come with original artwork, and liner notes to give credit to the sweatshop employees who assembled it?
I’ll be damned! He brought it up without me!

H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-i-c-a-l.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Parrot Monkey wrote:
PHBeerman wrote:One thing that I do not believe that you could call any of us who are in this thread is a hypocrite. We all stand behind our convictions pretty solidly.
It’s not all the time and I do see that you stand behind your convictions, but there’s just way to many times where people here say they don’t like when a certain thing is posted and end up posting on the subject themselves and/or posting in a thread about it.
So what you're saying is that if people see something that they don't like they shouldn't comment on it because they don't like it? It most be nice to live in Utopia.
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

Parrot Monkey wrote: Here’s an intimidation attempt.

Here is a direct quote from the Teddy Ruxpin thread:
rednekkPH wrote:Does it come with original artwork, and liner notes to give credit to the sweatshop employees who assembled it?
I’ll be damned! He brought it up without me!

H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-i-c-a-l.
HUH???? Where is the intimidation? Where did I try to scare you? Where did I threaten you?
Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by Cubbie Bear »

We have too much electrical stuff here. I can't get any clear channels
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right
Parrot Monkey
I Love the Now!

Post by Parrot Monkey »

SMLCHNG wrote:I know, Jonathan.. you've said that many a time. But like I said many a time.. the whole thing is getting old. :-?
I find the attacks being made against me where people are trying tick me off in threads I haven’t even posted in yet, or are about an completely different subject, to really be getting old.
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

LIPH wrote:
Parrot Monkey wrote:
So what you're saying is that if people see something that they don't like they shouldn't comment on it because they don't like it? It most be nice to live in Utopia.
No, that's what you're saying. I'm referring to people going into threads they've already said that don't interest them just so they can post things like "so" or accuse people of posting under the same name. That's entirely different than going into a thread to offer some constructive criticism. What PHbeerman and others do is akin to the behavior of a three year old that get their kicks from the supposed misery of others. Kinda speaks for itself but unfortunately too few of us around here are willing to stand up to folks like that so they keep doing it anyway. Like I said, that got old a very, very, very, long time ago.
Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Cubbie Bear »

Jahfin wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Parrot Monkey wrote:
No, that's what you're saying. I'm referring to people going into threads they've already said that don't interest them just so they can post things like "so" or accuse people of posting under the same name. That's entirely different than going into a thread to offer some constructive criticism. What PHbeerman and others do is akin to the behavior of a three year old that get their kicks from the supposed misery of others. Kinda speaks for itself but unfortunately too few of us around here are willing to stand up to folks like that so they keep doing it anyway. Like I said, that got old a very, very, very, long time ago.
HERE, present and accounted for

Parrot Monkey
I Love the Now!

Post by Parrot Monkey »

rednekkPH wrote:HUH???? Where is the intimidation? Where did I try to scare you? Where did I threaten you?
Your post for earlier today wasn’t intimidating, but Ringling’s from the MMIM Volcano thread was. Your post in the Ruxpin thread was simply you being a punk to me when I was nowhere near that subject you loathe.
Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by Cubbie Bear »

Larry and I got very, very old a long time ago too

SMLCHNG