What a jerk!!

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

iuparrothead wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:by the way, what is your deffinition of a slut. To me, if you are wearing what that girl in my above mentioned story was wearing, thats slutty
I appreciate how you phrased this. I see your point and I find it very valid. I guess I think being 'slutty' is about action... the way you dress does not necessarily represent what you will do. I understand that we live in a misogynist society that assumes if a girl is dressed provocatively, then she must want to be taken advantage of sexually... which we know is not necessarily the case, but does not prevent people from thinking that way & from certain people from acting upon that assumption.
I wouldn't call it misogynistic, since when you look back to someone like Madonna who proclaimed that her dressing in a provocative way was not slutty,
but empowering to all women. Well, I'm sure it is! ...especially when you've got a pair of bodyguards with you! 8) :-?
Oh please... no matter how much feminism and women's rights groups have advanced the cause of women, this country as a whole is still predominatly patriarchal & misogynistic. There can't be any denying that. There may be an occasional female celebrity that makes statements on behalf of a women's advancement cause, but that is their statement, not a cultural shift for the entire country. :-?
am I the only one that gets hot when Ann uses big words?? :o :lol:
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

ph4ever wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:by the way, what is your deffinition of a slut. To me, if you are wearing what that girl in my above mentioned story was wearing, thats slutty
I appreciate how you phrased this. I see your point and I find it very valid. I guess I think being 'slutty' is about action... the way you dress does not necessarily represent what you will do. I understand that we live in a misogynist society that assumes if a girl is dressed provocatively, then she must want to be taken advantage of sexually... which we know is not necessarily the case, but does not prevent people from thinking that way & from certain people from acting upon that assumption.
I wouldn't call it misogynistic, since when you look back to someone like Madonna who proclaimed that her dressing in a provocative way was not slutty,
but empowering to all women. Well, I'm sure it is! ...especially when you've got a pair of bodyguards with you! 8) :-?
Oh please... no matter how much feminism and women's rights groups have advanced the cause of women, this country as a whole is still predominatly patriarchal & misogynistic. There can't be any denying that. There may be an occasional female celebrity that makes statements on behalf of a women's advancement cause, but that is their statement, not a cultural shift for the entire country. :-?
am I the only one that gets hot when Ann uses big words?? :o :lol:
no :oops:
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by iuparrothead »

:oops:
Image`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

iuparrothead wrote::oops:
Did you make yourself hot?
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

buffettbride wrote:
No. :lol: Although it doesn't take much... :P

Hmmm... and I like to wear skirts, heels & camisoles... I must be a slut. :-? :lol:
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

iuparrothead wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Hmmm... and I like to wear skirts, heels & camisoles... I must be a slut. :-? :lol:
Well, duh :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

iuparrothead wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

I don't wear underwear, so I must be too! And I wear shirts that say "In N Out".
ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

buffettbride wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

I don't wear underwear, so I must be too! And I wear shirts that say "In N Out".
just call me slutmommy :roll: :lol:
ParrotheadGator
License to Chill

Post by ParrotheadGator »

buffettbride wrote: And I'm sure none of us have ever dressed provocatively for a Buffett show or sent out a message perhaps we weren't meaning to send. Every chick in a bikini must want to be taken advantage of and of course all the fine, upstanding people here at BN turn their eyes away to uphold their moral authority.
Apples and Oranges.

You can't compare wearing a bikini to a Buffett concert, where you're most likely with friends, to going to a foreign country, dressed slutty, probably drunk and getting in a car with total strangers.....
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

iuparrothead wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Are we supposed to disagree?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

ParrotheadGator wrote:
buffettbride wrote: And I'm sure none of us have ever dressed provocatively for a Buffett show or sent out a message perhaps we weren't meaning to send. Every chick in a bikini must want to be taken advantage of and of course all the fine, upstanding people here at BN turn their eyes away to uphold their moral authority.
Apples and Oranges.

You can't compare wearing a bikini to a Buffett concert, where you're most likely with friends, to going to a foreign country, dressed slutty, probably drunk and getting in a car with total strangers.....
Umm, girls get drunk and meet strangers at Buffett shows all the freakin' time. I've seen it with my own eyes. Hell, I've done it a time or two.

No dice.
Sidew13
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Breath in, breath out, move on
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with coconut rum

Post by Sidew13 »

iuparrothead wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Father, I need confession for inpure thoughts :oops:
Trying to Take Another Road

Image Image
rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

Sidew13 wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Father, I need confession for inpure thoughts :oops:
Me too - but I have to wash my hands first.
UAHparrothead
Number of Concerts: 3
Location: Standing at the fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Post by UAHparrothead »

She could have been wearing a tight tank top with "I see you've met the twins" on it. I doesn't give anyone the right to do anything against her will.
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

UAHparrothead wrote:She could have been wearing a tight tank top with "I see you've met the twins" on it. I doesn't give anyone the right to do anything against her will.
:lol: high five, Brad! Right on!

(I still like it when you say assclown)
Lightning Bolt
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

iuparrothead wrote:
Lightning Bolt wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
I hear you, but don't necessarily agree.
Who's captaining the Shuttle Mission right now? Who's the leading Democratic Presidential hopeful for '08? You don't see that as part of a cultural shift?
Now, as far as sex is concerned, you're right. Those attitudes are shifting as swift as a glacier. Only the most industrialized, enlightened societies are on board there,
if you can call that progress.
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
UAHparrothead
Number of Concerts: 3
Location: Standing at the fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Post by UAHparrothead »

iuparrothead wrote:
UAHparrothead wrote:She could have been wearing a tight tank top with "I see you've met the twins" on it. I doesn't give anyone the right to do anything against her will.

ph4ever
Last Man Standing

Post by ph4ever »

this is what I don't understand - the MAJORITY of young guys won't even talk to a woman/girl in a bar unless they are dressed a certain way. So if you want to just meet new guys you have to dress that way because if you don't you'll basically be ignored. Then when something happens to the girl the same guys say "she was dressed like a slut". Talk about a freaking double standard - you won't talk to a girl dressed in modest clothing and you call a girl a slut if she does.
rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

UAHparrothead wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:

They told me that picture was for the J Crew catalog :x
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

ph4ever wrote:this is what I don't understand - the MAJORITY of young guys won't even talk to a woman/girl in a bar unless they are dressed a certain way. So if you want to just meet new guys you have to dress that way because if you don't you'll basically be ignored. Then when something happens to the girl the same guys say "she was dressed like a slut". Talk about a freaking double standard - you won't talk to a girl dressed in modest clothing and you call a girl a slut if she does.
It's called wanting a princess in public and a slut in the sack.