What a jerk!!

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

AlbatrossFlyer wrote:
PHBeerman wrote:
7lords wrote:I'm 100% with you on this point. His implications about Natalee are 100% out of line. And I have no problem with what her family has done - I would think less of them if they didn't do everything they could.
He is correct however. Why do high-school kids choose Aruba?

Same reason I used to go to Canada. To party. I wish the family/media would not try to deny this fact.
rocky point and all the mexican border towns.....
This is really the source of your irrational hatred of Canuckians isn't it? :D
AlbatrossFlyer
Schoolboy heart & a license to fly

Post by AlbatrossFlyer »

i just want to know what's the appropriate mourning period before signing the book & and made for tv movie deal?

I'd feel bad for you, but I have no soul.....

If you can't do it with brains, you won't do it with hours - Kelly Johnson
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

AlbatrossFlyer wrote:i just want to know what's the appropriate mourning period before signing the book & and made for tv movie deal?
depends on the size of the check.
kitty
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by kitty »

I have to say...and this won't be popular...I loved this guys story!
Although he went a little overboard with his negitive comments about her being a slut, it seemed basically all true. Why did I go to Ft. Lauderdale for spring break 3 years in a row?? It wasn't just for the suntan! I was young and stupid and put myself at risk...although most of us are lucky to live through those stupid, adolesent times...some are not.
I am not saying that Natalie deserved to be hurt or killed...but she DID put herself, willingly I might add, in a situation that caused her trouble. Let's call it what it is...a tragic turn of events brought on by irresponsible behavior. if she killed herself in a drunk driving accident...would everyone be so sympathtic to her plight? Most would say she caused her death by driving drunk and not try to blame anyone and everyone but her. I feel for the people of Aruba and the police there...but I guess when a child dies, the parents feel the need to blame someone...I know they want answers...as I would...but not getting them is a result of the boys who will not tell the police what happened to Natalie...not because of bad police work.
DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

I agree with pretty much everything this guy says. So many young girls are naive to the danger that they put themselves in. Dressing like a "slut" and going into a stranger's car in a foreign country, IMO, is not a very smart idea

also I'd like to add one thing. If this girl was a minority or was ugly, you would never hear about this on the news. . .thats sick to me. What is my proof about this?? After the Natalie Halloway thing came on the news, you started to hear about more and more cases of girls gone missing in the caribbean or foriegn countries. . . but all of those cases happened years ago and never made the news then. . why?? because they werent good-looking blondes with the "innocent alabama girl" image that Natalee had.
DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

iuparrothead wrote: 2) The clothing she wore is irrelevant and also, by no means, makes her a 'slut'.
i have to disagree. I was in Old San Juan (Puerto Rico) a few years ago, in an area that I normally wouldn't walk around by myself in, even myself being a guy. I'm there with some friends at night, and on the other side of the street (the dark side, not to mention) an american tourist most likely comming off of a cruise ship, no older than a freshman in college, is walking by herself. This girl is wearing some of the most revealing clothing i've ever seen, and she's probably on her way to a nightclub. The clothing is basically as revealing as J. Lo's infamous dress she wore to the Grammys that one time. A group of 3 puerto rican guys start following her for about 2 blocks, and then push her into a dark alley. I don't know what happened next, i just kept on walking and minded my own business, but i'm sure whatever happened wasn't pretty.

Now please don't tell me that her extremely 'slutty' and revealing clothing didn't have anything to do with that. If she was wearing sweats, it probably never would have happened. The clothing you wear says a lot about your personality, and if she is wearing her J. Lo dress, she's saying that she's not afraid of her body and she's clearly making herself more attractive to men (both good men and bad men, such as those 3). girls like that have to take into consideration that when you're going to a city that isn't known for being the safest place in the world, and you're walking alone in clothing that makes you super-attractive, you're not only attracting the nice guys, but you're attracting the filth of the city too.

by the way, what is your deffinition of a slut. To me, if you are wearing what that girl in my above mentioned story was wearing, thats slutty

this is slutty:
Last edited by DeactiveCarib on August 5, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

ParrotheadGator wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
PHBeerman wrote:It is a tragic situation. But this dude is spot on.
About many points but 2 glaring misconceptions.

1) She's an 18 year old girl/woman, that made a bad decision fueled by hormones & alcohol... that, by no means, makes her a 'slut'.

2) The clothing she wore is irrelevant and also, by no means, makes her a 'slut'.
so hormones are an excuse for stupidity? Funny...If I had gotten a girl pregnant when I was younger, my parents wouldn't have blamed it on hormones. They would have blamed it on stupidity and irresponsibility.

Anyway, the writer doesn't directly call her a slut...just said she was dressed like a slut and went off with people she didn't know....apparently her own friends pointed this out. I think the guy is dead on....girls don't go with their girlfriends down to a place like Aruba when they're innocent....just look at a Girls Gone Wild tape :lol: :lol: They go down there to get drunk and act like whores, then come home and pretend it never happened. She certainly didn't deserve to be killed (assuming she was, she is most likely)....but she's certainly partly responsible for what happened.

You can make excuses for her and blame hormones and liquor, but what she did was flat out stupid and irresponsible and has only herself to blame. It's not like she was forced into the car with strangers.
ParrotheadGator, we may disagree on guns, but we certainly agree on this. I couldn't agree w/ u more. Your analogy of getting a girl pregnant is dead on.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

DsilCaribe wrote:
ParrotheadGator wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:

1) She's an 18 year old girl/woman, that made a bad decision fueled by hormones & alcohol... that, by no means, makes her a 'slut'.

2) The clothing she wore is irrelevant and also, by no means, makes her a 'slut'.
so hormones are an excuse for stupidity? Funny...If I had gotten a girl pregnant when I was younger, my parents wouldn't have blamed it on hormones. They would have blamed it on stupidity and irresponsibility.

Anyway, the writer doesn't directly call her a slut...just said she was dressed like a slut and went off with people she didn't know....apparently her own friends pointed this out. I think the guy is dead on....girls don't go with their girlfriends down to a place like Aruba when they're innocent....just look at a Girls Gone Wild tape :lol: :lol: They go down there to get drunk and act like whores, then come home and pretend it never happened. She certainly didn't deserve to be killed (assuming she was, she is most likely)....but she's certainly partly responsible for what happened.

You can make excuses for her and blame hormones and liquor, but what she did was flat out stupid and irresponsible and has only herself to blame. It's not like she was forced into the car with strangers.
ParrotheadGator, we may disagree on guns, but we certainly agree on this. I couldn't agree w/ u more. Your analogy of getting a girl pregnant is dead on.
And all of it makes me wanna shoot ya both. :lol: :wink:
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

First off on a serious note I think the guy is pretty much right on. She was really stupid to do the things she did. If she had stop to think during ANY of her acts she most likely would be home right now.
Now on a not so serious note who the hell thinks this girl was good looking??? What a butter face! Everything was great but her face! :P

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
DeactiveCarib
I Love the Now!

Post by DeactiveCarib »

buffettbride wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:
ParrotheadGator wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(that was a good one :D )
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

DsilCaribe wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
DsilCaribe wrote:
ParrotheadGator wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(that was a good one :D )
Wasn't it? I just couldn't help it!
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

NYCPORT wrote:First off on a serious note I think the guy is pretty much right on. She was really stupid to do the things she did. If she had stop to think during ANY of her acts she most likely would be home right now.
But as a teenager, how many of us actually recognized our own mortality? I know I didn't. I did things much, much worse than getting into strange cars with boys I didn't know wearing next to nothing...I honestly wonder now how I am actually alive today. However, that thought never crossed my mind at the time.
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

But I don't see you blaming the town/city/state/country you did it in for your actions.
This girls family has spent the entire time blaming the Arubans (?) and the criminal justice system for something they should most likely be blaming themselves for, ie. her actions.

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

That radio host is getting some publicity here,
and most of it is FAVORABLE! We've seen it all before.
When you live in a border town like San Diego, it's something you learn young.
You go to Tijuana and get to drink while you're still underage, and if you don't handle yourself... you get yourself handled :-? :-? like robbed, beaten up, or worse.

It's a reminder that you are in a foreign country, and you are not entitled...
or necessarily protected. You have to try to be sensible. It's just that that never mixes with tequila!
When I was 16, sneaking out and going to TJ, my buddies and me were not smart...but we learned quick! 8)
Looking back, I was just as lucky as I was stupid.

Each year we have stories of young women (yes, more than men) getting into serious trouble down south. So far this year, 4 women have died in crashes
returning from Mexico. These stories don't make national headlines.

If I had daughters or sons, I think I would work real hard to sway them away from TJ,
or any other foreign country until they were a little older and experienced.
Last edited by Lightning Bolt on August 5, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

NYCPORT wrote:But I don't see you blaming the town/city/state/country you did it in for your actions.
This girls family has spent the entire time blaming the Arubans (?) and the criminal justice system for something they should most likely be blaming themselves for, ie. her actions.
Correct. I don't necessarily agree with everything the parents are trying to do, but I most certainly don't think it's the girl's fault because of the way she was dressed, nor do I think it was kosher for the journalist to call her a slut because of it.

It was a tragic accident. The person's fault it is is the sick f*ck who did it to her. It could have happened anyway...who's to know...even if she hadn't gotten in the car with them that night. Blaming the girl is just wrong.
Lightning Bolt
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

buffettbride wrote:
NYCPORT wrote:But I don't see you blaming the town/city/state/country you did it in for your actions.
Correct. I don't necessarily agree with everything the parents are trying to do, but I most certainly don't think it's the girl's fault because of the way she was dressed, nor do I think it was kosher for the journalist to call her a slut because of it.

It was a tragic accident. The person's fault it is is the sick f*ck who did it to her. It could have happened anyway...who's to know...even if she hadn't gotten in the car with them that night. Blaming the girl is just wrong.
Accountability starts with our self.
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
rednekkPH

Post by rednekkPH »

DsilCaribe wrote: A group of 3 puerto rican guys start following her for about 2 blocks, and then push her into a dark alley. I don't know what happened next, i just kept on walking and minded my own business, but i'm sure whatever happened wasn't pretty.
You gotta be f*cking kidding me...
sy
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Lage Nom Ai
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Bahama Mama

Post by sy »

buffettbride wrote:

The other thing is that was said on something I read a while back is that it is entirely possible that there wasn't anyone even involved. She could have been drunk, tired, whatnot, and ended up somehow getting washed out in the water through whatever circumstances. It could have just been an accident. It was tragic either way.
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all..
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Lightning Bolt wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Accountability starts with our self.
If she had randomly been bludgeoned on the street, though, rather than have gotten into the car with those boys, I'm not sure the sentiments would be the same, perhaps even regardless of how she was dressed.

It's one thing also, to write those words about a girl you are so removed from, as is the journalist. I'd really like to see him live through saying that straight to her parents' face. If he's that right on and that passionate about his position, perhaps he should take it to that level. We all here know how much easier it is to just type something down...things we'd never even consider saying to someone's face in a lot of cases. He cannot possibly understand (nor can I) the complete and utter sense of loss when it comes to losing a child. He crossed a real fine line with me, and although I think some of his position is correct, attacking Natalee like that is simply disgusting.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

buffettbride wrote:We all here know how much easier it is to just type something down...things we'd never even consider saying to someone's face in a lot of cases.
Nice cans just trying to lighten the mood
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here