Did Walmart do this too?????

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Cubbie Bear
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate/40
Number of Concerts: 31

Did Walmart do this too?????

Post by Cubbie Bear »

If you ever watched WGN TV in the 60's or 70's in Chicago or on cable, you know all about Bert Weinman, "Your TV Ford Man"

RIP

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... siness-hed
"Boat drinks, waitress we........nevermind"

He ain't wrong he's just different
but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

I'm guessing you've already placed a call to Michael Moore.
Y-NO-9-O
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 60
Location: Wish I was: 24:33:38.905N 81:48:22.910W (but getting closer)

Re: Did Walmart do this too?????

Post by Y-NO-9-O »

Cubbie Bear wrote:If you ever watched WGN TV in the 60's or 70's in Chicago or on cable, you know all about Bert Weinman, "Your TV Ford Man"

RIP

A 24-unit condo building with ground-floor retail space is under construction at 3501-09 N. Ashland, just south of the dealership.
Ground-floor retail space?!?!? I bet it IS a WalMart!! They should band together with Jah's community to see just how to keep that blight out of their neighborhood!!
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Y-NO-9-O wrote:
Cubbie Bear wrote:If you ever watched WGN TV in the 60's or 70's in Chicago or on cable, you know all about Bert Weinman, "Your TV Ford Man"

RIP

A 24-unit condo building with ground-floor retail space is under construction at 3501-09 N. Ashland, just south of the dealership.
Ground-floor retail space?!?!? I bet it IS a WalMart!! They should band together with Jah's community to see just how to keep that blight out of their neighborhood!!
That isn't quite Wrigleyville, but it's close... and the condo thing is the blight..
Jahfin
Inactive User

Post by Jahfin »

Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

We haven't been quite so successful at keeping the condos out but none of the proposed ones have actually come to fruition. Yet.

One local fishing pier (the very last in my area) was supposedly doomed to be torn down so condos could go up but recently won that battle. Another victory for the little guy. I'm sure others might feel differently but some of us like to see our local landscapes preserved instead of the horrid site of concrete and steel.
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

No Wal-Mart... trust me. There's no chance of that so deep in the city. There is a housing shortage in that neighborhood and condos are more logical for that neighborhood anymore rather than a car dealership.
Image`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

That isn't quite Wrigleyville, but it's close... and the condo thing is the blight..
It absolutely is Wrigleyville.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

I thought Ashland was just over the line? or is it the line?
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

RinglingRingling wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

Sure, if you want to get technical... maybe the west side of Ashland is considered Roscoe Village or West Lakeview, but most people would still consider it Wrigleyville since it's within a short walking distance... but this dealership is on the southeast corner of Ashland and Addison and that's easily still considered Wrigleyville by many.
7lords
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by 7lords »

iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

That's what I was going to say. It's only about 7 blocks from the stadium.
Is it day?
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Y-NO-9-O wrote:

RIP

Sure, if you want to get technical... maybe the west side of Ashland is considered Roscoe Village or West Lakeview, but most people would still consider it Wrigleyville since it's within a short walking distance... but this dealership is on the southeast corner of Ashland and Addison and that's easily still considered Wrigleyville by many.
I was wrong. I thought it was on the line, and was wrong. Sorry. :oops:
iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

RinglingRingling wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
iuparrothead wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Y-NO-9-O wrote: Ground-floor retail space?!?!? I bet it IS a WalMart!! They should band together with Jah's community to see just how to keep that blight out of their neighborhood!!

I was wrong. I thought it was on the line, and was wrong. Sorry. :oops:
No worries.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

:o Did Ann just get RR to admit he was wrong? :o

:o Did she actually not gloat about it? :o

Where am I?
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

CaptainP wrote::o Did Ann just get RR to admit he was wrong? :o

Where am I?
Women over the average height from Indiana have that effect on me.. :D
Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

CaptainP wrote::o Did Ann just get RR to admit he was wrong? :o