Anybody Watching Studio 60?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

captenuta
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with the Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by captenuta »

I saw a story on this show this morning saying they will not air the 3 remaining shows and will cancel it. If you ask me their cancelling the wrong show. I saw review of SNL and they said it was horrible Saturday night.
COME ALONG LET'S HAVE SOME FUN,
THE HARD WORK HAS BEEN DONE
WE'LL BARREL ROLL INTO THE SUN,
JUST FOR STARTERS

myke212
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by myke212 »

captenuta wrote:I saw a story on this show this morning saying they will not air the 3 remaining shows and will cancel it. If you ask me their cancelling the wrong show. I saw review of SNL and they said it was horrible Saturday night.
I agree with you. I really liked the show. It does appear that they have pulled it, as they are airing an episode of Friday Night Lights in it's time slot. :(
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212

freaky4tiki
Party at the End of the World

Post by freaky4tiki »

myke212 wrote:
captenuta wrote:I saw a story on this show this morning saying they will not air the 3 remaining shows and will cancel it. If you ask me their cancelling the wrong show. I saw review of SNL and they said it was horrible Saturday night.
I agree with you. I really liked the show. It does appear that they have pulled it, as they are airing an episode of Friday Night Lights in it's time slot. :(
too bad... really love Aaron Sorkin's writing in Sports Nite and West Wing. I think the whole project was too BIG in scope, not to mention budget.
Be Young, Be Foolish, Be happy!

bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bravedave »

myke212 wrote:
MediaWeek is reporting that NBC has ordered 3 more scripts.
At the end of last week's episode they announced that the next show will air Nov 2.

Lots of questions about this show.
“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.”
- Kaiser Welhelm

"The call is a loud wulli-wulli, and there is much twittering at the drinking holes."

myke212
Hoot!

Post by myke212 »

bravedave wrote:
myke212 wrote:
MediaWeek is reporting that NBC has ordered 3 more scripts.
At the end of last week's episode they announced that the next show will air Nov 2.

Lots of questions about this show.
Thanks, I missed that .Maybe there is some hope left
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212

carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: mohito

Post by carolinagirl »

captenuta wrote:
job41475 wrote:
captenuta wrote:I had high hopes for this show but now it's like watching a train wreck.
The acting and writing is so smug.
If NBC is willing to spend all that money on a prime time drama about a comedy show being revamped why not spend the money and revamp SNL.
huh well I didn't see last night's episode but I really like it. Sadly it looks like I'm in the minority.....
They had a girl from Deal or no Deal on. The story line with Who's on First was bad I don't buy that the kids dad never heard the Abbott & Costello routine.
That's EXACTLY what I thought. Anyone mid-40s or older knows Who's on First. It's the younger ones who would be clueless.

I agree with what you say about the smug writing. Aaron Sorkin could get away with people in the White House thinking they had the most important lives in the world, and not turn the audience off, but not people working on a comedy television series. I hope Hollywood isn't THAT stupid to think they're that serious and important, but I'm afraid I'm wrong.

I'm still watching it... I liked the Alzheimer's guy, but who in television would sit down to listen to his stories and not turn on a camera for GOD's SAKE? The guy's gonna die or lose his memories in another year or so... he's walking history.

parithedfred
I need two more boat drinks

Post by parithedfred »

I personally like the show and was bummed out to hear all the talk this morning about the possible cancellation. I think it would probably do better in another timeslot considering its going up against MNF and CSI.

chalksoperations
Gypsies in the palace

Post by chalksoperations »

carolinagirl wrote: I'm still watching it... I liked the Alzheimer's guy, but who in television would sit down to listen to his stories and not turn on a camera for GOD's SAKE? The guy's gonna die or lose his memories in another year or so... he's walking history.

It took me a couple of minutes to place him, but the Alzheimer's guy was Eli Wallach. He played, among many other roles, Tuco from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Don Altobello from the Godfather trilogy and he was also in the Magnificent 7.

carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: mohito

Post by carolinagirl »

chalksoperations wrote:
carolinagirl wrote: I'm still watching it... I liked the Alzheimer's guy, but who in television would sit down to listen to his stories and not turn on a camera for GOD's SAKE? The guy's gonna die or lose his memories in another year or so... he's walking history.

It took me a couple of minutes to place him, but the Alzheimer's guy was Eli Wallach. He played, among many other roles, Tuco from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Don Altobello from the Godfather trilogy and he was also in the Magnificent 7.
Wow... good observation! Gonna go tell DH...

Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

I love this show. But, as usual, NBC is going to jerk it around until it takes real effort to find out when it's on (and kill it that way). Frankly, I'm not willing to do that for anything on TV. I won't even do that for the Sopranos, much less something on network TV.

But hey, it's a great idea to put a show about football up against MNF, right?!

One small hope for the show- the ratings might be slipping, but it's the third rated show overall among the most desirable demographic for advertisers or something like that (Desperate Housewives and Nightline were the only only two higher).
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

Apparently they have ordered three more episodes of the show so maybe it can catch on. Since it wasn't on this past monday I figured it was a goner but my friend's roomie who writes for another show is the one who told me that.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

Read in today's papers that the series has been given a go ahead for a full season.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

whitepelican
Favorite Buffett Song: any heard on the beach!
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: just keep them coming

Post by whitepelican »

For us this weeks show was part one of two. We think the show is great but WTF do we know!
Whitepelican

captenuta
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with the Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by captenuta »

'Studio 60': Say Goodbye to a Sure Thing

"Studio 60" is over. Some news services are reporting that the sets have been struck, others are talking about the new dramas NBC has ordered to replace last May's "sure thing."

But this much is known: On Monday, NBC will formally announce the end, thank God, of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip."
COME ALONG LET'S HAVE SOME FUN,
THE HARD WORK HAS BEEN DONE
WE'LL BARREL ROLL INTO THE SUN,
JUST FOR STARTERS