Cancer enters the 08 political race!

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Will you watch? Tell me why

Poll ended at September 3, 2007 10:41 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 12

Skibo
Hoot!

Post by Skibo »

docandjeanie wrote: I think universal health care is something that could be considered. It works in a lot of other countries.
For example which country does socialized medicine (universal health care) work in? Just curious, because I hear that there are waiting lists in Canada and england and because of them the people that can afford to come to america for care do. Or are you one of the michael Moore kookaid drinkers that believe it is good in Cuba?
Rub yours on me and I'll rub mine on you

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:I just can't listen to politicians talk about it, they will promise you anything, tell you what you want to hear just to get a vote. They have no business talking about it.

My family has also been touched by the big C, lost my mom and grandmother to it.
Ditto what Steve said...
And I lost by brother to it...

iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by iuparrothead »

Skibo wrote:
docandjeanie wrote: I think universal health care is something that could be considered. It works in a lot of other countries.
For example which country does socialized medicine (universal health care) work in? Just curious, because I hear that there are waiting lists in Canada and england and because of them the people that can afford to come to america for care do. Or are you one of the michael Moore kookaid drinkers that believe it is good in Cuba?
Brazil. It works very well... their healthcare system wouldn't necessarily work perfectly in the US, but a version of our own is well worth the effort to try.

The Brazilian government mandates fair pricing for the drugs they purchase from (mostly American) pharmaceutical companies. Brazil has more than capable science and scientists to create generic drugs on their own if the pharmas try to play hard ball and raise their prices. The threat of losing one of the largest nation's in the world's business forces them to cater to the Brazilian system. Brazil doesn't have the strict regulation of the FDA that holds up production of their own generics. What they also don't have is insurance company lobbyists... which allows for a universal healthcare system where individuals can purchase supplemental insurance if they can afford it.
Image`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

docandjeanie wrote: Connie,

I wish you well with it. This doesn't have to be a battle between who's disease is the worst one, that was never my intention. The fact is that they both stink. I have never seen your post before on the subject as I am fairly new to BN, but not new to the whole Buffett experience. I hope that you get some help with what you are doing and that you feel better soon.

Universal health care is the answer, we just need to get it going. I am hopeful that someday it will be here in the US.

As far as narrow minded bigots, I am not one of them.

Good luck.
Jeanie [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
My whole fear is this iis just a vote getting ploy that the politicians will say what it takes to get votes and once elected then nothing will be done.

As far as nationalized healthcare - look at the veterans health care because that's what you will get. Do you really want that for yourself or your ancestors?

Good luck with your tx - I know what a PITA it will be. I'm sorry if I made it look like a us/them thing. Cancer has touched my life as well. My SIL is a breast cancer survivor

One of the members of my forum is walking in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.

I'll be sending you prayers and positive vibes for a healthy outcome.

Connie
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.

I lost my cat :cry: Nevermind I found her!!! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]