HEALTHY LIVING

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

buffettbride wrote:so, here's a ? for all the former-fatties. how much exercise did you do in the beginning? every day? every other day?
Myself, I did not do anything because it wore me out and it felt like everything was bouncing around, at least that was my excuse.
After about 2 months and losing 50 pounds I got into exerising.
Especially once I knew we were going on vacation to Mexico and I wanted to be in shape. Been going all out ever since.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"

Salukulady
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Salukulady »

Friday is my weigh in day....179
todays intake and output for 4/18/08
snack-1 piece turkey, 1 oz string cheese, water
gym
b-fast-fruit & nut bar, coffee
lunch-4 oz kahlua pig, 1/2 cup rice, tomatoes, diet coke
power walk 4 miles
snack-3 baked corn tortillas, humus, 2 lite beers
dinner-1 chicken and cheese corn tortilla quesadilla, 1 rum & coke

Salukulady
Behind Door #3

Post by Salukulady »

Intake and Output for 4/19/08

snack-fruit & yogurt, coffee
B-fast-1 egg scram. w/spinach, tomato & parmesan, 1 piece cracked wheat toast, water
Lunch-salad w/3 oz chicken, 2 TBSPN low cal dressing, fortune cookie, diet coke
Dinner-2 pieces cheese pizza, water
2 squares dark chocolate
Last edited by Salukulady on April 20, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Mango Margarita

Post by keynorthwestprthd »

Today!

Whole wheat toast fro breakfast (I wasn't really hungry)

Protein Shake

Pita for Lunch

Bean Burrito with salad midday

Pita for Dinner

Not to bad, Kept the calories down.

Salukulady
Behind Door #3

Post by Salukulady »

Intake and Output for 4/20/08

B-fast-2 homemade whole grain waffles w/butter & real maple syrup, coffee
Lunch-Panda Express bowl consisting of steamed veggies & mandarin chicken, no sauce. 1 fortune cookie & water
Snack-handful of nuts and 2 lite beers
Dinner-4 oz tri-tip, baked potato w/ butter, salad, 1 cocktail
2 squares dark chocolate
Last edited by Salukulady on April 21, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

okay.

tonight starts week two of the couch 2 5k program for me.
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

i actually plan to run more days than in the plan, because i feel i need it. i ran 5 of 7 days last week (one day i was out of town and sunday was my designated rest).

the coolest part, i think, as i just looked at what week 2 holds for me, is after completing week 1 with little/no trouble (i even beat my distance time every night in the 20 minutes), i have complete confidence i can conquer week 2 as well. i just have to be as confident about getting on the treadmill every night. :D

Capt.Flock
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Capt.Flock »

buffettbride wrote:okay.

i actually plan to run more days than in the plan, because i feel i need it. i ran 5 of 7 days last week (one day i was out of town and sunday was my designated rest).

the coolest part, i think, as i just looked at what week 2 holds for me, is after completing week 1 with little/no trouble (i even beat my distance time every night in the 20 minutes), i have complete confidence i can conquer week 2 as well. i just have to be as confident about getting on the treadmill every night. :D
Great job Mal. Just put one foot in front of the other.
ImageImage Image

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Capt.Flock wrote:

With all this running, I have found my ass muscles again. I'm actually coming up with excuses with why I have to exercise MORE. :lol: If I can ever figure out how to get my ass out of bed 30 minutes earlier, I'll run in the morning, too. I do love my sleep, though, so we'll see how that goes.

Capt.Flock

Post by Capt.Flock »

buffettbride wrote:
Capt.Flock wrote:

With all this running, I have found my ass muscles again. I'm actually coming up with excuses with why I have to exercise MORE. :lol: If I can ever figure out how to get my ass out of bed 30 minutes earlier, I'll run in the morning, too. I do love my sleep, though, so we'll see how that goes.
Excellent Mal welcome to the wonderful world of running. I am so happy for you. Maybe this will carry over towards your hubby
ImageImage Image

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Capt.Flock wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
Capt.Flock wrote:

Excellent Mal welcome to the wonderful world of running. I am so happy for you. Maybe this will carry over towards your hubby
Many lives ago I was a runner, so it is what I gravitate to for exercise anyway.

Hubby is more of a biker, so I don't see him running with me, but that's OK, 'cause it really is a "me" thing. Not many things are these days.

carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: mohito

Post by carolinagirl »

buffettbride wrote:
Capt.Flock wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
Capt.Flock wrote:

Many lives ago I was a runner, so it is what I gravitate to for exercise anyway.

Hubby is more of a biker, so I don't see him running with me, but that's OK, 'cause it really is a "me" thing. Not many things are these days.
Me too, Mal! More power to ya. I used to HAVE to run my 2 miles every day.... throughout my 20s. I could eat anything in those days, but when you're exercising regularly, you don't really want junk food. I'd love to get back to running. Fighting the flu with fever today and the last few days, so nothing doing for awhile. At least I'm maintaining my weight loss... Fever seems to burn calories anyway!

carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze

Post by carolinagirl »

Ukulady wrote:Friday is my weigh in day....179
todays intake and output for 4/18/08
snack-1 piece turkey, 1 oz string cheese, water
gym
b-fast-fruit & nut bar, coffee
lunch-4 oz kahlua pig, 1/2 cup rice, tomatoes, diet coke
power walk 4 miles
snack-3 baked corn tortillas, humus, 2 lite beers
dinner-1 chicken and cheese corn tortilla quesadilla, 1 rum & coke
Congratulations on your weightloss last week, ukulady! You're doing great!!!

Salukulady
Behind Door #3

Post by Salukulady »

Thank you, Carolinagirl, just trying to do it slow and steady....

Intake and Output for 4/21/08

Snack-1/4 turkey sandwich, water (thought I was going to the gym)
B-fast- Ihop breakfast scramble (eggs and veggies), 2 harvest grain pancakes w/syrup, coffee
No lunch
Snack-2 squares dark chocolate
Dinner-1 taquito, red beans and rice, rum and coke

It's been a lousy 3 days, haven't moved much. Bad girl stuff going on. Can't wait for menopause to kick in. (sorry, guys, I know, too much information.)
Back to the gym tomorrow.....

carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze

Post by carolinagirl »

Intake will be easy for today since I think I have the flu and have not been hungry:

B'fast: Two full glasses of water
Bowl of Special K & Grapenuts with skim milk
Lunch: Peanut butter & jelly sandwich / Water
Snack: Banana / Water / Diet Rite pure zero cola
Dinner: One can of Campbells Chunky Vegetable Soup
Snack: Diet Rite pure zero cola / 2 Handfuls of dark chocolate M&Ms
Water/Water/Water!

keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace

Slept in so I really didn't get a breakfast but today I had.

Chicken $ Rice
Pita
Met-Rx Protein Bar
LOTS!! of water

I left my protein powder at home so I didn't have a chance to to make a protein shake at work but I got plenty of protein intake from the Chicken and Protein Bar so not to bad. I finished my loading phase of creatine so now I just need to take it on day I got to the Gym after my workout.

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 42
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

OK...I need to stop weighing myself every morning.......deep breath......I'm putting the scale in the closet so I don't see it every day. I'm at a point now where I just need to weigh myself every two weeks.

Knee brace is helping with the pain.....that and Advil..... :-?

Can you believe I don't have an appointment with orthopedic surgeon until June?
'17-CHS
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"

iuparrothead
God's Own Drunk

Post by iuparrothead »

Okay, I'm here now. This is going to be quite the experiment since I haven't been visiting BN regularly lately, but I'm going to try. I may have to give more weekly updates than daily.

Anyway, I had a hard boiled egg & 2 pieces wheat toast for breakfast. A Trio bar for a snack. 2 crab cakes & a bowl of cooked spinach for lunch. A Quaker granola bar for a snack & then a buffalo chicken wrap for dinner (it was small & no blue cheese). Oh, and a I drank a large glass of milk. Now I'm having a small V-8. No exercise today because I worked 12 hours, but I'll do 60 minutes of cardio (including a mile run) & resistance training tomorrow (a variation of my regular routine).

I got a compliment that I looked like I'd lost weight tonight. I haven't, but it was nice to hear that since that's what I'm aiming for!!
Image`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

Salukulady
Behind Door #3

Post by Salukulady »

Welcome iuparrothead. Glad you could join us.

Intake and Output for 4/22/08

snack-1/4 tuna sandwich, water
gym
B-fast-2oz tritip, whole wheat english muffin, water
Lunch-3oz Kahlua pig, salad w/v&o, water
Dinner-beans & rice, water, 2squares dark chocolate

keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Toast and Egg Whites

Lunch: Chicken Pita

Protein Shake

Dinner: Chicken & Rice

Protein Power Bar

LOTS!! of Water!

Hit the gym up hard and my Triceps are killing me after doing military presses. Tommarrow I am going to work on my legs.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

iuparrothead wrote:Okay, I'm here now. This is going to be quite the experiment since I haven't been visiting BN regularly lately, but I'm going to try. I may have to give more weekly updates than daily.

Anyway, I had a hard boiled egg & 2 pieces wheat toast for breakfast. A Trio bar for a snack. 2 crab cakes & a bowl of cooked spinach for lunch. A Quaker granola bar for a snack & then a buffalo chicken wrap for dinner (it was small & no blue cheese). Oh, and a I drank a large glass of milk. Now I'm having a small V-8. No exercise today because I worked 12 hours, but I'll do 60 minutes of cardio (including a mile run) & resistance training tomorrow (a variation of my regular routine).

I got a compliment that I looked like I'd lost weight tonight. I haven't, but it was nice to hear that since that's what I'm aiming for!!
ANNNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

As for me, I did my run last night and upped the speed, too, so I beat my mile time. Down 6lbs so far and my calves look awesome. :D