HEALTHY LIVING

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Capt.Flock
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Capt.Flock »

Tip from flocker

Try to include weight training in part of your exercise. There are several reasons for this.
* Helps raise your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn all day long.
* Strengthen bones, especially important for women
* Make you stronger and increase muscular endurance
* Help you avoid injuries
* Increase your confidence and self-esteem
* Improve coordination and balance
* Weight training can be one of the safest forms of exercise, especially when the movements are slow, controlled, and carefully defined
ImageImage Image
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

What a great thread to stumble upon! I should be exercising right now instead of sitting here. That said, I think this could be a great motivator for me. I need to lose weight. I want to be healthy for my kids and be able to keep up with my youngest as he grows. I also want to have a bod that actually would look good in a coconut bra and not scare everyone away! So, count me in. :wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
Salukulady
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Salukulady »

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:What a great thread to stumble upon! I should be exercising right now instead of sitting here. That said, I think this could be a great motivator for me. I need to lose weight. I want to be healthy for my kids and be able to keep up with my youngest as he grows. I also want to have a bod that actually would look good in a coconut bra and not scare everyone away! So, count me in. :wench:
Welcome! Come join us. There are no rules, just encouragement and positive feedback. You can post whenever you want, to brag, to get support or give it. I post daily with my food intake and exercise output, weekly my weight, and monthly my measurements.. This keeps me on track. Bare your soul as far as you wish, we're all here to help and be supportive.
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

Nice to see the first women's Biggest Loser last night.
Sounds silly but I find myself almost tearing up and feeling happy for them watching them lose weight. I guess because I've been there.
I weighed 204 this morning and that's after a Big Mac and a couple of beers yesterday...but hey...I still stayed below my daily 30 WW points.
Gonna lift weights and go jogging later.
I'm still doing 200 crunches a day. I know there are some abs in there somewhere :lol:
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

sonofabeach wrote:Nice to see the first women's Biggest Loser last night.
Sounds silly but I find myself almost tearing up and feeling happy for them watching them lose weight. I guess because I've been there.
I weighed 204 this morning and that's after a Big Mac and a couple of beers yesterday...but hey...I still stayed below my daily 30 WW points.
I'm still doing 200 crunches a day. I know there are some abs in there somewhere :lol:
I love that show! I definitely got a little drippy in the eyes watching it. Whenever I go downstairs to the treadmill, Victoria says, "Mommy must be going to the ranch." :lol:

I was really glad a girl won, too!

I ran again last night. Same deal as the day before. Hubby is banned from interacting with me when I'm running 'cause he messes up my "zone," calls me Flopsy, and jacks with the incline on the treadmill while I'm running.

I told him he better knock it off or else when I'm all buffhotmommychick he won't be allowed to hit it. :lol:
sonofabeach

Post by sonofabeach »

buffettbride wrote:
sonofabeach wrote:Nice to see the first women's Biggest Loser last night.
I love that show! I definitely got a little drippy in the eyes watching it. Whenever I go downstairs to the treadmill, Victoria says, "Mommy must be going to the ranch." :lol:

I was really glad a girl won, too!

I ran again last night. Same deal as the day before. Hubby is banned from interacting with me when I'm running 'cause he messes up my "zone," calls me Flopsy, and jacks with the incline on the treadmill while I'm running.

I told him he better knock it off or else when I'm all buffhotmommychick he won't be allowed to hit it. :lol:
messing with the incline eh? Does it increase floppage? My wifey has some rackage too...hmmm. :lol: But then again not being able to "hit it" would sucketh of epic proportions.

And last night's winner Ali (sp?) looked pretty hot to me :o
RAYRO
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Shiner Bock

Post by RAYRO »

Capt.Flock wrote:Tip from flocker

Try to include weight training in part of your exercise. There are several reasons for this.
* Helps raise your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn all day long.
* Strengthen bones, especially important for women
* Make you stronger and increase muscular endurance
* Help you avoid injuries
* Increase your confidence and self-esteem
* Improve coordination and balance
* Weight training can be one of the safest forms of exercise, especially when the movements are slow, controlled, and carefully defined
Amen!

I lost 30 lbs last year on weight watchers and hitting the gym 5 days a week, alternating weight training and arobics, but (oh no) have now slipped back into some bad habits and have gained 3 lbs, even though I really wanted to lose 5 more lbs.....

Got to get back the the WW mentality.......you can have whatever you want as long as you don't exceed your points allowance.....
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

sonofabeach wrote: messing with the incline eh? Does it increase floppage?
Nahh. It increases fall-on-faceage.
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Got outside and went walking today. Felt so good to get out in the sun. Skipped my regular exercise time to breathe in some fresh air. Felt really good! :wench:
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato
sonofabeach

Post by sonofabeach »

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:Got outside and went walking today. Felt so good to get out in the sun. Skipped my regular exercise time to breathe in some fresh air. Felt really good! :wench:
I'd been on the treadmill in my bedroom for over a year until about two months ago when I started jogging outside. I really enjoy the fresh air and scenery much better. Now I treadmill one night and jog the sidewalk the next.
keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Mango Margarita

Post by keynorthwestprthd »

I have been working hard at getting healthy, I am sick of being overweight. I currently weigh 315 lbs. My current regiment is eating healthy, working out at the gym 5 times a week, walking everywhere I go. The supplements I am taking are; Whey Protein, Multivitamins, Creatine, Caffine Pills, and I am on a cycle of Clenbuterol (note: Clenbuterol is illegal, but its a amazing fat burner) Getting healthy and losing weight is very important to me at my most I used to weigh 410 lbs. but I quit eating fast food and became more active and that dropped to 315 lbs. then I started going to the gym and dropped to my current weight of 315lbs. I want to drop all my fat then build up muscle mass. I still got a long journey.
Salukulady
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Salukulady »

Welcome, knwphd! Wow, you lost 100 pounds. That's fantastic! You are doing amazing. Keep it up. When I got discouraged that it took me a year to lose my first 25 pounds, my very wise sister said "Remember how long it took to put it on". When I'm actively trying, I'm thrilled with a pound a week.

Intake and Output for 4/16/08

Snack-1/4 turkey sandwich, water
workout at gym
B-fast-1 egg scrambled w/spinach, tomatoes & parmesan on 1 piece cracked wheat toast, coffee
10 gummy bears (oops)
swim laps for 30 min
Lunch-3 oz tri-tip, 4 baked corn tortillas & humus, water
Dinner- Salad w/olive oil, vinegar & parmesan, water
lift weights
Bedtime-hot tea & 2 squares dark chocolate
keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace

Thanks!!! ^ I did really good today, I had a pita for breakfast (no sauce on it) , for lunch I had a small steak and rice and chicken for dinner and protein shakes with creatine and non fat milk throughout the day and lots of water. With the creatine I just started taking I have to go the first week on a loading phase taking it 5 times a day but after a week its just once a day after the gym. I am going to the Gym tonight. Since I have 2 jobs I end up going to the gym in the middle of the night (good thing its open 24 hours a day).
Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill

Post by Barefoot Gypsy »

Oh, I soooooo did not want to work out today. Thought of excuses for an hour. Then I remembered this group of people and I thought we are all in this together and I am sticking to it. Thanks for doing this. It gives me the extra push I need. I just bought a Cardio Twister. It arrived last week and I started using it Tuesday. I will say it truly works you out. 10 pounds in 10 days? Not sure about that. Keep going everyone.....we can all do it! :wench:
Got no need to explain"

keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace

somedays I just have to force myself to go to the gym. I always feel better afterwards.
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

I didn't work out today, took a break! Get back on it Friday..
carolinagirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: mohito

Post by carolinagirl »

Barefoot Gypsy wrote:Oh, I soooooo did not want to work out today. Thought of excuses for an hour. Then I remembered this group of people and I thought we are all in this together and I am sticking to it. Thanks for doing this. It gives me the extra push I need. I just bought a Cardio Twister. It arrived last week and I started using it Tuesday. I will say it truly works you out. 10 pounds in 10 days? Not sure about that. Keep going everyone.....we can all do it! :wench:
Good job Gypsy! And thanks for the encouragement. My legs are aching from NOT working out. Still doing my little half-mile walk with the dog, but got to get back to the gym!
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

I'm about to put the boy to bed and drag myself down to the treadmill. It's a lot harder to get myself down there when hubby and Victoria aren't here (they are doing a school project tonight at a friend's). I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it.

Today was...

B: 2 boiled eggs/1 canadian bacon slice/LF laughing-cow cheese wedge/V8 low sodium

S: cucumbers and string cheese

L: salad with black beans, bacon bits, red/yellow peppers, green olives, olive oil/vinegar

S: radishes/snap peas/almonds

D: diet dr. pepper/2 filets of tilapia/green beans/salad w/ bleu cheese dressing

Dessert: sugar-free jell-o.
keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace

I have been doing really good today, I had egg whites and 100% Whole Wheat toast and then throughout the day I had protein/creatine shakes, lots of water and a protein bar. for dinner tonight I am going to have chicken and a little bit of brown rice. Its sounds strange but eating 5+ small meals is better then eating 3 large meals. Eating (healthy) throughout the day keeps your body working and since I have given up all sugary drinks , caffeine pills gives a good bost of energy and to my metabolism. I am starting to get the shakes from the clen. I am going to order some T3 next payday. I still need to go to the gym tonight. I think after cardio I am going to work on my arms.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

buffettbride wrote:I'm about to put the boy to bed and drag myself down to the treadmill. It's a lot harder to get myself down there when hubby and Victoria aren't here (they are doing a school project tonight at a friend's). I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it.

Today was...

B: 2 boiled eggs/1 canadian bacon slice/LF laughing-cow cheese wedge/V8 low sodium

S: cucumbers and string cheese

L: salad with black beans, bacon bits, red/yellow peppers, green olives, olive oil/vinegar

S: radishes/snap peas/almonds

D: diet dr. pepper/2 filets of tilapia/green beans/salad w/ bleu cheese dressing

Dessert: sugar-free jell-o.
Wow! I just input my food at http://www.fitday.com. I'm barely at 1600 calories. I'm gonna have some more almonds. Yummmmmm!!!