2009 NHL Playoffs

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

2009 NHL Playoffs

Post by JustDucky »

It needed an updated subject title.

Red Wings/Ducks in overtime game 2. Like asking for your food to go while ordering at a drive-through, it's tied.

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Re: 2009 NHL Playoffs

Post by JustDucky »

Damn. Third OT.

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

JustDucky wrote:Goddamn Ducks.
Osgood is the Red Wings weakest link, a mediocre goalie at best....this series is going to go 7 but I think the Wings will win
ImageImage

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Yeah well I thought the Wings would sweep the Ducks. This year's playoffs have proven that predictions mean nothing.

You make it sound like Osgood isn't good at all. You call him the weakest link - does the name Chelios come to mind? Osgood 'stood on his head'. The weakest link of the Wings is when the big guns do nothing.

Which has happened before but not with the consistency of the New York Rangers, who are masterminds of choking and collapsing and not showing up.

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

JustDucky wrote:Yeah well I thought the Wings would sweep the Ducks. This year's playoffs have proven that predictions mean nothing.

You make it sound like Osgood isn't good at all. You call him the weakest link - does the name Chelios come to mind? Osgood 'stood on his head'. The weakest link of the Wings is when the big guns do nothing.

Which has happened before but not with the consistency of the New York Rangers, who are masterminds of choking and collapsing and not showing up.
The Wings are a top 10 team with a bottom 10 goalie.....if the Wings had the Rangers goalie, the rest of the teams would have conceded already.(j/k)
Back when the Wings had Hasek playing at his best, it allowed Stevie Y, Shanny, Fedorov etc to go play offense, knowing they could make a mistake and Hasek could man the fort, but now, I don't think the Wings forwards feel they have that freedom, and I think it affects their offense. They've got their offense set for years to come with some long term contracts, now it's time for them to work on their defense and goalie.....Lidstrom is in the twilight of his career, and after Rafalski and Stuart their defense is average at best. As for in goal, they should be looking for an immediate upgrade this off season.
ImageImage

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

JustDucky wrote:Which has happened before but not with the consistency of the New York Rangers, who are masterminds of choking and collapsing and not showing up.
The Rangers, at leat during the playoffs, seemed to play more a defensive style. And, on the power play, the points seemed to stay on the perimeter and didn't move towards the net. Everyone else can debate the choking, collapsing and not showing up part.

Caps up 1-0 thanks to an incredible save by Varly. Wow, luck or skill, call it what you want, it was cool.
Game two tonight. The worst thing is not that I have a hockey game to play tonight but the game is ONLY on Versus. It's not on any local channel. And, I don't get Versus. So, I'm going to have to listen to it on the radio..how quaint.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

Hockey Mon wrote:
JustDucky wrote:Which has happened before but not with the consistency of the New York Rangers, who are masterminds of choking and collapsing and not showing up.
The Rangers, at leat during the playoffs, seemed to play more a defensive style. And, on the power play, the points seemed to stay on the perimeter and didn't move towards the net. Everyone else can debate the choking, collapsing and not showing up part.

Caps up 1-0 thanks to an incredible save by Varly. Wow, luck or skill, call it what you want, it was cool.
Game two tonight. The worst thing is not that I have a hockey game to play tonight but the game is ONLY on Versus. It's not on any local channel. And, I don't get Versus. So, I'm going to have to listen to it on the radio..how quaint.
yeah, I had to watch the Bruins - Canes game on Versus last night...it wasn't on the local channels. But, Andy Brickley who does color for the NESN did color last night, so the usual Bruins bias was still there :roll:
ImageImage

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:

yeah, I had to watch the Bruins - Canes game on Versus last night...it wasn't on the local channels. But, Andy Brickley who does color for the NESN did color last night, so the usual Bruins bias was still there :roll:
Bruins bias? No! Say it ain't so!
When I was at school in NY, watching the Rangers games was so painful. Their announcers were bad.

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

Hockey Mon wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:

When I was at school in NY, watching the Rangers games was so painful. Their announcers were bad.
What amazes me is how mediocre players such as Andy Brickley, Gord Kluzak ( Bruins channels) PJ Stock ( HNIC) etc can rip into other players for their mistakes. I mean, most of those mentioned were 4th liners who lasted only a couple of years, yet they puff up and "critique" like they were All Stars and never made mistakes when they played. Unfortunately, like most news outlets, it's impossible to get unbiased announcers anymore.
ImageImage

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:

What amazes me is how mediocre players such as Andy Brickley, Gord Kluzak ( Bruins channels) PJ Stock ( HNIC) etc can rip into other players for their mistakes. I mean, most of those mentioned were 4th liners who lasted only a couple of years, yet they puff up and "critique" like they were All Stars and never made mistakes when they played. Unfortunately, like most news outlets, it's impossible to get unbiased announcers anymore.
Down here, we've got Craig Laughlin doing the color commentary and, while I may be a homer, I think he does a good job. The problem I have with him is he and his partners sometimes just start talking about hockey instead of doing a play by play of the game. But then again, that's why I watch it on TV. Except tonight. :evil: :(

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

Hockey Mon wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:
C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:

Down here, we've got Craig Laughlin doing the color commentary and, while I may be a homer, I think he does a good job. The problem I have with him is he and his partners sometimes just start talking about hockey instead of doing a play by play of the game. But then again, that's why I watch it on TV. Except tonight. :evil: :(
Try watching it online...there are multiple sites such as http://www.justin.tv that will show it. If it's not on that site, google search for another one. I've watched Habs games that way before.....not as good as HD TV, but beats the radio :wink:
ImageImage

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

C-Dawg wrote:Try watching it online...there are multiple sites such as http://www.justin.tv that will show it. If it's not on that site, google search for another one. I've watched Habs games that way before.....not as good as HD TV, but beats the radio :wink:
That's an option for the first period. I'll check it out. Now for the 2nd and 3rd, I'll just need to bring my laptop into the dressing room and onto the bench. 8)

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

So, adding in Vs (and the next higher package) is only $10 more per month and I can remove it anytime. The wife gave me the go ahead (I have converted her into a hockey fan) so it looks like I can watch some of the game and record the rest. Woo woo!!

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

Hockey Mon wrote:So, adding in Vs (and the next higher package) is only $10 more per month and I can remove it anytime. The wife gave me the go ahead (I have converted her into a hockey fan) so it looks like I can watch some of the game and record the rest. Woo woo!!
That reminds me of a funny story.... I had moved in with Marilyn a few months before, so all the home accounts were in her name. Hockey season came around and I invited the boys over Friday night to watch UVM. About an hour before the game, Marilyn had to take Caleb (her son) to the ER because he had blown out his knee. The game was about to come on when I realized I didn't have the channel the game was on, so I called Comcast to upgrade. But, I wasn't on the account, so I had to call Marilyn at the ER, have her write down Comcast's number and the package I wanted and she called from the exam room as they worked on Caleb's knee.
We missed about 5 minutes of the game, but one of the guys that came over told me " Dude, this chick's a keeper!!"
We've been together almost 7 years now and now have a pair of UVM season tickets :lol:
ImageImage

Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Hockey Mon »

C-Dawg wrote:
Hockey Mon wrote:So, adding in Vs (and the next higher package) is only $10 more per month and I can remove it anytime. The wife gave me the go ahead (I have converted her into a hockey fan) so it looks like I can watch some of the game and record the rest. Woo woo!!
That reminds me of a funny story.... I had moved in with Marilyn a few months before, so all the home accounts were in her name. Hockey season came around and I invited the boys over Friday night to watch UVM. About an hour before the game, Marilyn had to take Caleb (her son) to the ER because he had blown out his knee. The game was about to come on when I realized I didn't have the channel the game was on, so I called Comcast to upgrade. But, I wasn't on the account, so I had to call Marilyn at the ER, have her write down Comcast's number and the package I wanted and she called from the exam room as they worked on Caleb's knee.
We missed about 5 minutes of the game, but one of the guys that came over told me " Dude, this chick's a keeper!!"
We've been together almost 7 years now and now have a pair of UVM season tickets :lol:
That's great! Surprising that Comcat could turn it on so quickly. Sometimes the can be less than efficient.
I've made sure that all the accounts are in both our names or at least I have access to them. :)

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Milbury and whatsisname for NBC are TERRIBLE. McGuire. Just awful. Milbury was a hack on the ice and he's a hack off the ice. NBC really screwed up hiring - and keeping - those two buffoons. And they act like there are no other teams outside of Washington/Pittsburgh now that the Rangers and Devils are out.

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

JustDucky wrote:Milbury and whatsisname for NBC are TERRIBLE. McGuire. Just awful. Milbury was a hack on the ice and he's a hack off the ice. NBC really screwed up hiring - and keeping - those two buffoons. And they act like there are no other teams outside of Washington/Pittsburgh now that the Rangers and Devils are out.
I dunno, Millbury being an ex-Bruin player was talking like he had a hard on for the B's when I watched NBC Sunday. But I agree, Millbury and McGuire are terrible!!!
ImageImage

C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by C-Dawg »

WOW, what a game.....Ovie & Sid the Kid trade hat tricks and Washington goes up 2-0
ImageImage

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Wished I could have watched it. Dealing with flying termites. I can't believe the Pens are losing like this. I thought for sure they'd deal with the Capitals. I know Sid is a cry baby but Ovie just won't ever shut up. But damn they are both good.

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

I'm getting bored with Alex's post-goal scoring routines. :roll: I wish he'd just act like he's done it before instead of him acting like he's a 4th line checker who lights the lamp couple times a season.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image