police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

Post by lime rickie »

Tuesday

An 8:07 a.m. report of a possible jumper “in a devil costume” brought police to the Veterans Memorial Bridge, where they determined that a woman in a Viking-style helmet was “watching the sunrise” and was fine.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

we've all been threatening to find that little bugger.....

The groundhog is off the hook. Ohio prosecutor drops charge against Pa. groundhog.

An Ohio prosecutor who light-heartedly filed a criminal indictment against the famous Pennsylvania groundhog who fraudulently "predicted" an early spring says he has dismissed the charge. Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gmoser (MOH'-sur) says Punxsutawney Phil has a defense with teeth in it since the animal's handler is taking the blame.

The Groundhog Day celebration about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh attracts worldwide attention each year. That stretched well beyond Feb. 2 when Gmoser last week issued an indictment as winter-like weather continued across much of the nation, even as spring began.

Gmoser says the tongue-in-cheek indictment generated a lot of attention, but he has a lot of "really serious work" to do and wanted to end things on a positive note.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/ap/8 ... z2OeaME9yI
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

A guy who was under the influence of a substance drove away from the police (who had stopped him to question him about some warrants) and went to his ex-wife's house and held her and the kids hostage. They talked him out of there, the ex and kids were safe. Two hours later, she was arrested for helping him evade the police. I'm so confused. [smilie=graytard.gif]
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

I used to visit this bar on a rare occasion.

A physical fight turned deadly outside the Sport Page Tavern in Auburn early Sunday morning, escalating into a shooting that left three people dead and another injured, Auburn Police said.

Patrons were exiting the bar at closing and filling the parking lot when a fight ensued around 1:47 a.m., police said. Multiple individuals pulled handguns and shots were fired.

Three victims were pronounced dead at the scene. A fourth victim was struck multiple times and was transported to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition. His condition has since been upgraded to stable but serious.

A person of interest has been arrested on charges unrelated to the incident, dealing with a weapons violation, police reported Monday.

No other arrests have been made at this time, police said.

According to Auburn Police, a dispute between two groups, one celebrating a birthday, began inside the sports bar when two women had a disagreement.

"The dispute started between two women when one of them danced with a man," Auburn Police Cmdr. Mike Hirman said in a statement late Sunday night.

Witnesses identified the three men killed as 24-year-old Lorenzo Duncan, 26-year-old Nicholas Lindsay and Antuan Greer, also in his 20s.

Hirman said some of the victims and suspects knew each other.

Several cars have been impounded and warrants have been written to search them.

Detectives continue to verify all accounts of the witnesses, and they continue looking for additional personnel who may have been involved.

Auburn Police Detectives are making attempts to identify additional victims, witnesses and victims.

Police have recovered several handguns. They believe several different firearms were used based on shell casings recovered from the scene.

Police in Federal Way and Kent stopped two vehicles that matched descriptions of cars leaving the scene of the shooting.

Those vehicles were seized, and their occupants were being questioned, Hirman said. The car stopped in Federal Way was riddled with bullets.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

4 football players arrested for rape of 2 13 y/o girls ,
then girls are bullied via text, twitter and facebook by students
http://registercitizen.com/articles/201 ... =fullstory
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/easter- ... ent/nW9Qb/

Easter egg hunt at zoo turns violent
The Associated Press
SEATTLE —
One of usually peaceful springtime rituals of childhood — the Easter egg hunt — turned nasty at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.
Blame the moms.
A statement Monday on the Seattle Police Department blotter said the "hard-boiled tale" began Sunday afternoon, "when one woman reportedly pushed a child aside as her own child was scrambling toward some brightly colored eggs."
Police say the two mothers began fighting and had to be separated three or four times. The fisticuffs left one woman with a bloody nose.
Only one mother was left when officers arrived. She said she wasn't interested in pursuing charges against her attacker. As the release puts it, that left officers without "any info that could crack the case."
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
pema
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by pema »

COLUMBUS -- Police are calling this case disturbing because they say this man is clearly mentally ill but was legally buying guns. William Gerkin faced a judge Monday morning after police say he claimed this weekend that he's second in command to God and he was instructed to kill demons and satanists. Police arrested him early Saturday after they say he tried to carry out that plan in line at the Hilliard BMV. He said he spotted a satanist. Police say Gerkin pulled a gun from his waistband but the victim was able to get away safely. According to an email the detective wrote about this case, she said, "we narrorly escaped tragedy and it's only a matter of time before he shoots someone. Police say Gerkin has been in and out of mental institutions about 40 times. The judge set a half million dollar bail amount and ordered him to hand over all of his guns.
Erin Image

"Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

pema wrote:COLUMBUS -- Police are calling this case disturbing because they say this man is clearly mentally ill but was legally buying guns. William Gerkin faced a judge Monday morning after police say he claimed this weekend that he's second in command to God and he was instructed to kill demons and satanists. Police arrested him early Saturday after they say he tried to carry out that plan in line at the Hilliard BMV. He said he spotted a satanist. Police say Gerkin pulled a gun from his waistband but the victim was able to get away safely. According to an email the detective wrote about this case, she said, "we narrorly escaped tragedy and it's only a matter of time before he shoots someone. Police say Gerkin has been in and out of mental institutions about 40 times. The judge set a half million dollar bail amount and ordered him to hand over all of his guns.

Ya think?????
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
pema
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by pema »

nutmeg wrote:
pema wrote:COLUMBUS -- Police are calling this case disturbing because they say this man is clearly mentally ill but was legally buying guns. William Gerkin faced a judge Monday morning after police say he claimed this weekend that he's second in command to God and he was instructed to kill demons and satanists. Police arrested him early Saturday after they say he tried to carry out that plan in line at the Hilliard BMV. He said he spotted a satanist. Police say Gerkin pulled a gun from his waistband but the victim was able to get away safely. According to an email the detective wrote about this case, she said, "we narrorly escaped tragedy and it's only a matter of time before he shoots someone. Police say Gerkin has been in and out of mental institutions about 40 times. The judge set a half million dollar bail amount and ordered him to hand over all of his guns.

Ya think?????
but now who's going to rid the world of demons and satanists [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Erin Image

"Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

How about some good news for a change?

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/03/26/the ... hamburger/

The waitress, the autistic girl and the broken hamburger
Last Sunday was just an average morning for Anna Kaye MacLean. Her sister, 7-year-old Arianna, had slept over at her house the night before and seemed to have woken up in a good mood - which is not always a given for a child with autism.

After determining that Arianna’s mood was stable enough for a day of fun activities outside the home, MacLean and her husband decided to take Arianna out to lunch, with a bonus visit to the Easter Bunny afterward. They decided to eat lunch at the Chili’s Bar and Grill in Midvale, Utah, where a beautiful thing happened - and went viral.

MacLean requested a booth facing the window, knowing it would allow her sister the freedom to move around, while also keeping her entertained by watching what was going on outside. The hostess happily obliged and said their server would be over to greet them soon. The MacLean party was going to be one of Lauren Wells' last tables of the day, and with a bright smile, she approached the party to introduce herself and take drink orders.

Before she could even say, “Hi, welcome to Chili’s, I’m Lauren and I’ll be your waitress,” Arianna had excitedly rattled off her entire order: chocolate milk, a cheeseburger with pickles and a side of fries.

Wells delivered the food shortly, but as MacLean watched Arianna devour her French fries, she noticed that her sister wasn’t touching her cheeseburger.

“It was really, really bizarre,” MacLean told CNN in a phone interview. “Arianna loves anything in a hamburger bun. She’s obsessed with hamburgers or ‘Krabby Patties,’” an ode to one of Arianna’s favorite cartoon shows, Spongebob Squarepants.

MacLean asked her sister if she was going to eat her cheeseburger. “No, I don’t want it,” Arianna responded. “It’s broked. I need a new one that’s fixed.”

It’s a standard Chili’s policy to cut a child’s burger in half to ensure the meat is fully cooked to 170° degrees, and that's what was "broken."

When Wells returned to the table, she noticed Arianna was crying, and asked what was the matter.

"I know this is going to sound silly, but I need to order another cheeseburger," MacLean told the server. Wells had a concerned look on her face and MacLean was quick to assure her that there was nothing wrong with the food. "No, no, no, this one is fine," she explained, "But it’s cut in half and she thinks it's broke.'”

MacLean quietly told Wells about Arianna’s autism and adamantly said she wanted to pay for the additional burger. But instead of speaking to MacLean, Wells leaned over to the little girl and addressed her directly, saying, “Ohmygosh! I brought you a broken cheeseburger! I’ll go get you a new one.”

Arianna stopped crying shortly after. MacLean, particularly moved by this, said Wells' exchange with her sister was something she had never experienced before.

“I think most people, just out of fear and the unknown, don’t know how to interact with a kid with autism, so people will usually just keep the interaction with me.” When necessary, MacLean explains her sister's condition.

Wells graduated from the University of Utah in May 2012 with a degree in psychology and hopes to do social work with children in the future. She also has an autistic family member, and said that while she thought Arianna might be autistic, she never assumes anything.

“I treated her the same way that any other kid who would be crying, but in her case, it was something different,” said Wells. She approached her manager Brad Cattermole, who told her they would happily switch out the broken burger for a new one.

Cattermole, too, stopped by the table and knelt down to speak with Arianna at eye level to apologize again. “You know, I heard we brought you a broken cheeseburger and I am so sorry. We’re back there making you a new one, but let me bring you out some french fries while you’re waiting.”

MacLean says one of the main reasons the exchange was so special was Wells' and Cattermole's decision to speak to Arianna directly.

“It was so cool because it was so intimate. [Brad] wasn’t trying to be loud or trying to make his presence know to anybody else. It was just very, very private, very intimate,” said MacLean.

“Our goal is to make guests feel special, so anything we can do to make an experience over the top of special, we give our servers the power to make the decisions to make that happen,” said Cattermole in a phone interview with CNN. “We’re trying to get each server to connect to each table individually and Lauren is amazing at connecting with our guests.”

MacLean noticed that, surprisingly, Arianna wasn’t upset about the cheeseburger. In fact, she was uncharacteristically calm about the entire situation.

“This was so bizarre because usually, that would have just led to a huge meltdown,” MacLean said, adding that a typical meltdown for Arianna could include tantrums, throwing herself on the floor and general screaming - sometimes getting so violent that she could even physically hurt herself. “I think what prevented the meltdown was that Lauren and Brad were talking to her. They weren’t talking to me, they were talking to her.”

Several minutes later, when the new, unbroken cheeseburger arrived, Arianna stared at it for a few moments before exclaiming, “Oh, I missed you!” and kissing the top of the burger bun.

MacLean quickly snapped a picture and showed it to Wells, jokingly telling her “I think we glorified the cheeseburger a little too much.” Wells, lighting up like a Christmas tree and smiling from ear to ear, asked if she could show the picture to her co-workers and manager.

“It was a cute story. I’ve never heard of a broken cheeseburger, or anything else ‘broken’ for that matter,” said Wells, explaining that she wanted to share it with her coworkers because it was such a sincere interaction.

“It was just a really, really touching experience just to see that kind of compassion and professionalism,” said MacLean. “[Lauren] could have easily just been like, ‘Okay...’ and gone to get her a new one. But she went above and beyond and I feel like everybody involved that was working that day from the hostess to the line cook, just everybody, was super, super amazing. It’s just not something that we’re used to when we have situations like that come up.”

MacLean, who works in customer service for an insurance company and recognizes good service when she sees it, decided to share her story on Chili's Facebook page. The story quickly went viral (it has been shared near 160,000 times and liked by more than 667,000 people) touching hearts around the nation.

MacLean hopes it does more than that, though; she hopes it helps people recognize that not every kid screaming in a restaurant is an uncontrollable brat.

“While we’ve never had a personal experience like this, we know people who have been asked to leave restaurants when their kid with autism starts getting out of hand. It’s so heartbreaking,” said MacLean.

While MacLean and Arianna have never been told to leave a restaurant, they have had experiences where Arianna has gotten too overwhelmed or overstimulated at the table. Other people haven't always understood her autism, and MacLean has chosen on her own accord to leave.

Arianna will sometimes growl while she is eating. MacLean believes that it may be a sensory thing that Arianna chooses to do, or that she may like the feel of growling while she eats her food. Fellow patrons haven't always understood. “We’re used to it and it’s fine, but there were some people sitting next to us and they got up and moved clear across to the other side of the restaurant because it was bothering them so bad.”

The lack of understanding can be frustrating, says MacLean. When Arianna is having a meltdown, most people think she’s just being a brat and that she's being babied. The older sister can't deliver a disclaimer about Arianna’s autism everywhere she goes, but if people are interested she will tell them. The tone of the interaction invariably changes - but words are always directed toward MacLean and never Arianna.

This made Wells' and Cattermole's interactions with Arianna all the more special. “It’s so silly," MacLean said, "but I know every person out there that has a kid with autism can relate. That broken cheeseburger can make or break our day and it made our day, and the rest of the day was great.”

MacLean admitted that she never meant for the Facebook post to go viral; rather, she wanted to recognize Wells and Cattermole for their stellar ability to connect with Arianna on a human level. “It’s not so much that we need to bring autism awareness on a customer service level," she said, "but on a normal, typical social human being interaction. Being sensitive to people whether they have autism or they don’t.”

“I think this stuff happens more often than people recognize,” Cattermole said, “but it was Anna going on to spend 15 minutes to recognize a job well done which led to this outpouring of support.”

Wells agreed, saying that while it was definitely a table she wouldn’t forget, she never expected the response MacLean’s story received. She went on to explain that her interaction with the family didn’t seem weird or out of the ordinary to her.

“It makes me so sad that this is [considered] abnormal,” said Wells. “I was just being myself. I didn’t expect any of this; it’s been overwhelming but definitely cool.”

Chili’s parent company Brinker International Restaurants echoed Cattermole's and Wells’ sentiments in an official statement emailed to CNN.

“Moments like the one from Midvale happen in our restaurants every day, at every table, at every Chili’s across the country. We are delighted by the shining examples in Lauren Wells, Brad Cattermole and the Midvale team, and their kind gestures that made Arianna, Anna and Alex [MacLean's husband] feel so incredibly special. This story made our Midvale team members heroes, and we are so proud to have so many local heroes in our restaurants nationwide who make everyday moments like Arianna’s so heartwarming.”

MacLean has since read the hundreds of comment from strangers on her Facebook post, many of whom admitted they have never thought of something like that when encountering a screaming child at a restaurant. Her hope is that the next time they see a kid being a little different they might just think, "Maybe they have autism; maybe there’s something a little more than meets the eye.”

And for the record, Chili's didn’t charge for the new, “unbroken” cheeseburger.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Saltx3 wrote:we've all been threatening to find that little bugger.....

The groundhog is off the hook. Ohio prosecutor drops charge against Pa. groundhog.

An Ohio prosecutor who light-heartedly filed a criminal indictment against the famous Pennsylvania groundhog who fraudulently "predicted" an early spring says he has dismissed the charge. Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gmoser (MOH'-sur) says Punxsutawney Phil has a defense with teeth in it since the animal's handler is taking the blame.

The Groundhog Day celebration about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh attracts worldwide attention each year. That stretched well beyond Feb. 2 when Gmoser last week issued an indictment as winter-like weather continued across much of the nation, even as spring began.

Gmoser says the tongue-in-cheek indictment generated a lot of attention, but he has a lot of "really serious work" to do and wanted to end things on a positive note.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/ap/8 ... z2OeaME9yI
he should be charged with misappropriation of funds/theft of services for misusing office time and equipment
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:How about some good news for a change?

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/03/26/the ... hamburger/
Never gonna be quick to judge again. And yes I am guilty of having done so.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Here's one from Palmyra, PA. :pirate:

PALMYRA - A nude man wearing only a black ski mask entered the Turkey Hill along the 100 block of West Main Street just after 2 a.m. Sunday, police said.

The man did not say anything but quickly left the store when he realized the clerk was calling the police.

The suspect is described as a heavy set white male, about six feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds.

Police said the man had no visible scars, tattoos or body piercings.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 717-838-8188 or 717-838-8189.

Please note: "about 200 pounds", "no visible scars", eliminates me as suspect. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

big john wrote:Here's one from Palmyra, PA. :pirate:

PALMYRA - A nude man wearing only a black ski mask entered the Turkey Hill along the 100 block of West Main Street just after 2 a.m. Sunday, police said.

The man did not say anything but quickly left the store when he realized the clerk was calling the police.

The suspect is described as a heavy set white male, about six feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 717-838-8188 or 717-838-8189.

Please note: "about 200 pounds", "no visible scars", eliminates me as suspect. :pirate:
you were worried it could have been?
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

RinglingRingling wrote:

What is a "Turkey Hill" that would be open at 2am and a masked nudie would feel comfortable walking into? :o Is that like a convenience store?

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

lime rickie wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

What is a "Turkey Hill" that would be open at 2am and a masked nudie would feel comfortable walking into? :o Is that like a convenience store?
Yep that's exactly what it is. About 270 of them in around PA, Ohio, and Indiana.
Famous for their ice cream and iced tea. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

big john wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

Yep that's exactly what it is. About 270 of them in around PA, Ohio, and Indiana.
In CMH, they are affliliated with grocery stores that don't have the room to put in a couple islands of pumps for their gas points promos. One in Upper Arlington is affiliated with either Kroger or Giant Eagle, think it is the latter.

and John... something tells me you know how to have a lot of fun.. :D
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

dupe post
Last edited by RinglingRingling on April 3, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

RinglingRingling wrote:
big john wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

In CMH, they are affliliated with grocery stores that don't have the room to put in a couple islands of pumps for their gas points promos. One in Upper Arlington is affiliated with either Kroger or Giant Eagle, think it is the latter.

Ahh...THE Turkey Hill as in the ice cream I can get at the supermarket? I had no idea...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

lime rickie wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
big john wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:

Ahh...THE Turkey Hill as in the ice cream I can get at the supermarket? I had no idea...
Yup -- and right in our back yard here in South Central PA
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda