police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Re: police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

Post by Bicycle Bill »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:Not sure if this goes here or in the "Single People" thread . . . :-?

Police: Mercedes-driving woman rams ex’s car down embankment
A 34-year-old woman was behind bars early Thursday after police say she succeeded in ramming her ex-boyfriend’s car down an embankment, while crashing her own.

In doing so, she lodged her Mercedes on top of the other car and became stuck, according to police. Officers arrived to find her still at the scene; the ex-boyfriend, who was not in the car at time, and several other people saw the incident.

The woman was booked into the King County Jail on suspicion of malicious mischief. Her conduct is considered to be domestic violence.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... z1kaVPJJ2O
"...SUSPICION of malicious mischief."   WTF?!!?
What does it take before they are SURE of malicious mischief?
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

And from this morning's paper...

Residents on Apple Road suspected a break-in at 8:29 p.m. after spotting a "strange" dog dropping on the floor. It "did not look like their dog's" handiwork, according to the log. Police judged the break-in "unlikely."
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Burglar gets beaten, thrown off balcony in Federal Way
FEDERAL WAY -- A burglar got more than he bargained for Monday morning when he broke into a Federal Way apartment.
That's because one of the residents, a 20-year-old boxer named Colton Vaughn, didn't take kindly to the crime and beat
the burglar before throwing him off a third-story balcony.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/art ... z1l37GSjrH
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:Burglar gets beaten, thrown off balcony in Federal Way
FEDERAL WAY -- A burglar got more than he bargained for Monday morning when he broke into a Federal Way apartment.
That's because one of the residents, a 20-year-old boxer named Colton Vaughn, didn't take kindly to the crime and beat
the burglar before throwing him off a third-story balcony.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/art ... z1l37GSjrH
Well done. :D
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
SeattleParrotHead

Spokane police say robbers wanted pizza, not money
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Spokane police say the thieves who held up a pizza delivery man
didn't take money, just four pizzas the man was trying to deliver.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/S ... z1l3GId29t
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
SeattleParrotHead

Seattle libraries: No sleeping or eating allowed, but p0rn-watching OK
The Seattle Public Library has a long list of rules of things you can't do in the library, to ensure "comfort and safety" of staff and patrons. You can't eat, sleep, look like you're sleeping, be barefoot, be too stinky or talk too loudly.

But you can watch graphic p0rn on a public computer in front of kids. Despite repeated complaints from female patrons about men watching p0rn in full view of their children, the library has held fast to its policy of unfettered online access for grown-ups.

The reason: It's not in the business of censorship.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... z1lFSG56BW

Thank you, ACLU . . . .
ImageImage

SPH
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:Seattle libraries: No sleeping or eating allowed, but p0rn-watching OK
The Seattle Public Library has a long list of rules of things you can't do in the library, to ensure "comfort and safety" of staff and patrons. You can't eat, sleep, look like you're sleeping, be barefoot, be too stinky or talk too loudly.

But you can watch graphic p0rn on a public computer in front of kids. Despite repeated complaints from female patrons about men watching p0rn in full view of their children, the library has held fast to its policy of unfettered online access for grown-ups.

The reason: It's not in the business of censorship.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... z1lFSG56BW

Thank you, ACLU . . . .
I don't agree with the decision to allow viewing of p0rn, but I also wonder if the mother's reactions in front of her children prompted the "crying that night".
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
SeattleParrotHead

Yeah, the woman seemed to be savoring her time on TV . . .
ImageImage

SPH
SeattleParrotHead

Three lost Oregon mushroom pickers considered eating their dog
GOLD BEACH, Ore. (AP) — Three mushroom pickers lost six nights in the rugged forest of southwest Oregon with no food considered eating their dog, and used the screen on their dead cellphone and the blade of a sheath knife to flash a signal at the helicopter pilot who found them.
Dan Conne said Sunday from his hospital bed in Gold Beach that he and his wife and son spent the nights huddled in a hollow log with nothing to eat, and considered sacrificing their pit bull, Jesse, for food.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/A ... z1lZHLgeXH

I think they need to lay off the mushrooms . . . . :roll:
ImageImage

SPH
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:Three lost Oregon mushroom pickers considered eating their dog
GOLD BEACH, Ore. (AP) — Three mushroom pickers lost six nights in the rugged forest of southwest Oregon with no food considered eating their dog, and used the screen on their dead cellphone and the blade of a sheath knife to flash a signal at the helicopter pilot who found them.
Dan Conne said Sunday from his hospital bed in Gold Beach that he and his wife and son spent the nights huddled in a hollow log with nothing to eat, and considered sacrificing their pit bull, Jesse, for food.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/A ... z1lZHLgeXH

I think they need to lay off the mushrooms . . . . :roll:
No kidding :-?
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

Fire kills husband of missing Utah woman, 2 boys
GRAHAM, Wash. (AP) — Josh Powell's note was simple and short, a farewell to the world after two years of being scrutinized in the media, hammered by police and questioned by judges, prosecutors and social workers, living his life under a microscope since the day his wife vanished.

"I'm sorry, goodbye," Powell wrote in an email to his attorney just minutes before authorities say he set fire to his home, killing himself and his two young sons days after he was denied custody and ordered to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation.

The Sunday blaze at Powell's home brought yet another twist in the very public scandal that began when Susan Powell vanished in 2009. The case had since spiraled into a salacious saga of finger-pointing and accusations of sex and lies — and now the unthinkable loss of two young lives caught in the crossfire.

http://news.yahoo.com/fire-kills-husban ... 11345.html

I hope there is a special place in hell for this SOB.
SAVE THE EARTH
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

pair8head wrote:Fire kills husband of missing Utah woman, 2 boys
GRAHAM, Wash. (AP) — Josh Powell's note was simple and short, a farewell to the world after two years of being scrutinized in the media, hammered by police and questioned by judges, prosecutors and social workers, living his life under a microscope since the day his wife vanished.

"I'm sorry, goodbye," Powell wrote in an email to his attorney just minutes before authorities say he set fire to his home, killing himself and his two young sons days after he was denied custody and ordered to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation.

The Sunday blaze at Powell's home brought yet another twist in the very public scandal that began when Susan Powell vanished in 2009. The case had since spiraled into a salacious saga of finger-pointing and accusations of sex and lies — and now the unthinkable loss of two young lives caught in the crossfire.

http://news.yahoo.com/fire-kills-husban ... 11345.html

I hope there is a special place in hell for this SOB.

I just keep thinking about those grandparents. First he kills their daughter and now their grandkids. :cry:
I'll never understand why people don't just take themselves out and leave the innocents out of their plans. :evil:
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
BlackBeard
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by BlackBeard »

STRANDED MOTORIST ARRESTED AFTER HE CALLS FOR ASSISTANCE

Evanston – A not so typical motorist assist has lead to the arrest of a man wanted by the State of Georgia for a parole violation. The wanted felon is in custody after he called for assistance when he ran out of gas in Wyoming.

59 year-old Richard Vincent of Prineville, Oregon, called the Uinta County Sheriff’s Department to request fuel after his vehicle ran out of gas on Wednesday morning. The Sheriff’s Department passed on the motorist assist request to the Wyoming Highway Patrol and a Trooper responded.

Vincent was 23 miles south of Evanston on WYO 150. As the Trooper was en-route to Vincent’s location it was learned that Vincent had an outstanding felony warrant issued by the Board of Pardons and Parole out of Atlanta, Georgia.

A second Trooper responded as backup and Vincent was taken into custody by the two Troopers and charged with being a fugitive from justice. Vincent will be held for Georgia law enforcement authorities pending his extradition back to that State.

:pirate:
BlackBeard
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by BlackBeard »

STRANDED MOTORIST ARRESTED AFTER HE CALLS FOR ASSISTANCE

Evanston – A not so typical motorist assist has lead to the arrest of a man wanted by the State of Georgia for a parole violation. The wanted felon is in custody after he called for assistance when he ran out of gas in Wyoming.

59 year-old Richard Vincent of Prineville, Oregon, called the Uinta County Sheriff’s Department to request fuel after his vehicle ran out of gas on Wednesday morning. The Sheriff’s Department passed on the motorist assist request to the Wyoming Highway Patrol and a Trooper responded.

Vincent was 23 miles south of Evanston on WYO 150. As the Trooper was en-route to Vincent’s location it was learned that Vincent had an outstanding felony warrant issued by the Board of Pardons and Parole out of Atlanta, Georgia.

A second Trooper responded as backup and Vincent was taken into custody by the two Troopers and charged with being a fugitive from justice. Vincent will be held for Georgia law enforcement authorities pending his extradition back to that State.

:pirate:
SeattleParrotHead

Police not laughing at Valentine's Day stunt
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A young Portland couple called it Valentine's Day role playing. Police called it disorderly conduct, saying it created public alarm as well as taking up the time of at least nine patrol cars for 20 minutes Tuesday.

That's how long police spent checking out an alarmed 911 caller's report of a possible kidnapping. The caller reported seeing a car leaving a grocery parking lot with a naked woman tied up in the back with duct tape over her mouth. Sgt. Pete Simpson says officers flooded the area and alerted Washington state law enforcement in case the car headed north on Interstate 5.

When police located the car shortly before 1 p.m., Simpson says a 31-year-old man gave officers the role-playing explanation. Police confirmed that account with the man's 26-year-old girlfriend. Simpson says both were arrested for second-degree disorderly conduct and booked into jail.

Typically, Simpson says the district attorney's office might drop such a case from a misdemeanor to a violation, like a traffic ticket.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/O ... z1mU7WNS9a
ImageImage

SPH
SeattleParrotHead

Father says son who took gun to school 'made a bad mistake'
The 9-year-old boy who took a gun to a Bremerton elementary school Wednesday and wounded a classmate was charged and appeared in court Thursday.

PORT ORCHARD — The pale 9-year-old walked into the Kitsap County Juvenile Court on Thursday, looking dazed in his orange jumpsuit. There was a television camera in one corner; reporters filled nearly half the seats.

Police say that on Wednesday, he took a loaded gun to a Bremerton elementary school, and that it went off in his backpack just before the final bell rang. The routine of third grade — school, homework, play — had changed in a split second.

Now a classmate, 8-year-old Amina Kocer-Bowman, lies in intensive care, with a .45-caliber bullet wound to her arm and abdomen. She'll likely be there several more weeks and have several more surgeries, her doctor said.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... on24m.html

There seems to be a whole bunch of "bad mistakes" in this story....

When he was 2 ½, police found methamphetamine and syringes in his mother's belongings, court documents say. Later that same month, the mother was charged with forgery after trying to cash stolen checks. She was later convicted.

When he was 3 ½, the mother was charged with selling marijuana out of a Kitsap motel. By this point, she had four children, according to court records. Meanwhile, the father was convicted of domestic violence for assaulting the mother. He later violated the protection order. He repeatedly failed to pay child support and was held in contempt.

Three or four years ago, they both relinquished their parental rights. The boy and two siblings were adopted by their paternal grandmother. In 2010 the grandmother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Within months, she was dead.

In January 2011, their uncle was appointed the three children's legal guardian. At the time, court records state, the children were all doing well in school.

The judge wanted to know Thursday if the uncle could be responsible for the boy. The boy, his siblings and their father all live with the uncle.

"Right now I'm not working," the uncle said. "He'd be with me all day, every day.”
ImageImage

SPH
pair8head
God's Own Drunk

Post by pair8head »

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - Two people were critically injured Sunday afternoon when a large fight broke out among family members at a Federal Way restaurant, officials said. A third person, considered a suspect, was also injured in the brawl.

Police rushed to the scene, an Old Country Buffet restaurant near the intersection of 320th and Pacific Highway in Federal Way, after receiving reports of a stabbing at about 3:15 p.m.

Two victims were found with multiple stab wounds in the blood-spattered room, and two uninjured suspects were taken into custody, a Federal Way city spokesman said. The third suspect had minor injuries and was taken to a hospital.

Police said the incident unfolded as a large group of more than 20 family members were having dinner together in a side room at the Old Country Buffet.

Two family members with differences showed up, and an argument broke out. The argument turned into a violent, physical brawl among several family members.

Two of the family members sustained critical stab wounds, and were rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

One of the three suspected attackers sustained minor injuries, and was taken to St. Francis Hospital.

Witnesses said multiple fire trucks, medics and patrol cars responded to the scene, and the restaurant was surrounded with crime scene tape.
SAVE THE EARTH
IrishPirate
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

:( :( :( Well this happened right up the street to a friend of my daughter. Unfortunately, it's what's happening where I live!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 03823.html
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

From this morning's paper...

It was nearly a full moon on Friday night at 5:38 p.m. It may have seemed bigger than usual on Leavitt Street, but that was all a case of mistaken identity. A driver complained to police that he'd been "mooned" by a youth as he went down the street. Officers investigated, and a man matching the description told them "he thought the vehicle belonged to one of his friends and did not intend to harm anyone," according to the log.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

:lol:
Attempt to use stolen credit card was 'comedy of errors'
A man is accused of handing a stolen credit card to a store clerk. The card, it turned out, belonged to the clerk's mother, police say

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/loca ... z1pDITeFX3
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda