police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Re: police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

Post by Bicycle Bill »

nutmeg wrote:This is in the Midland Daily News Today

"A Jasper Township woman, 70, reported her sheltie recently gave birth to two puppies, but usually has six puppies. The woman feels someone has stolen four of the puppies."

Alrighty then......
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
...Albert Einstein

He was more right than he could have ever imagined.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Olive oil used to rescue squirrel
BERLIN (AP) — A squirrel with olive oil? For police in northern Germany, that was a winning combination to free an animal trapped in a manhole cover.
Police spokeswoman Kathrin Feyerabend said Monday a woman on the outskirts of Hannover discovered the red squirrel Sunday after hearing its cries.
Its head was poking up above ground through a hole in a manhole cover, its body dangling beneath.
After unsuccessfully trying to push the head back through gently, police officers removed the cover and rubbed olive oil around the squirrel's neck.
Holding back its small tufted ears, they were able to successfully release it.
But Feyerabend says the happy ending was short lived — the squirrel died several hours later, likely from stress.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/O ... z22tFYxo4e
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

I guess Popeye was not available ...
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
SeattleParrotHead

sistergoldenhair wrote:I guess Popeye was not available ...
Groan......
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Hey -- it's World Nude Day, so why not???

In our local paper today:

Police: Couple charged after showing up naked in Manheim Township hotel lobby

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/loca ... z23XfeKn4d
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

This was in our local paper this morning. I just love the dry tone of these reports.

A 12:56 p.m. report of suspicious activity in a car brought officers to Derby and Congress streets, where they determined people there were “having a romantic lunch break in the back seat.” Police wrote: “They were advised to have their lunch inside.”
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Just finished serving my first jury duty. Double homicide, the State wanted a conviction for 2 counts of first degree murder and death penalty. They got the conviction and a recommendation for death from the jury, the judge has the final word.

I was hoping my first jury experience would be a parking violation :roll:
Back to livin' Floridays
Nighthawk
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 29
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum with a splash of coke

Post by Nighthawk »

Happened not too far (like a mile) from where I lay my head at night....

White Sox Star Carlton Fisk Heads to Court

New Lenox police arrested retired Chicago White Sox player, Carlton Fisk, on charges of drunken driving. His court date is Nov. 29.

Retired Chicago White Sox player Carlton Fisk, 64, was taken to the New Lenox Police Station on Oct. 22 and booked on charges of DUI, illegal transportation of alcohol and failure to drive on the right side of the roadway.

His court date is set at 9 a.m. Nov. 29 at the Will County Courthouse in Joliet.

Police found the Hall of Famer, who currently lives in Bradenton, FL., in a cornfield stupor behind the wheel of his pickup truck near Gougar and Spencer Roads. He was charged with DUI and spent the night in jail.

New Lenox police arrested retired Chicago White Sox player, Carlton Fisk, on charges of drunken driving and related violations.

According to the report, Fisk, who retired from baseball in 1993, was found at 7:20 p.m. Oct. 22 passed out in his Ford pickup truck in a field near Gougar and Spencer Roads.

Fisk, who played for the Boston Red Sox in 1969 and 1971–80, and then with the Chicago White Sox from 1981–1993, was known as "Pudge" to fans and caught more games—2,226—than any other catcher in the history of Major League Baseball.

The 11-time All-Star belted 376 home runs over his career, including his 12th inning blast in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series to seal a win over the Cincinnati Reds. The hit was arguably one of the most memorable home runs ever, as Fisk trotted down the first base line, waving the ball to stay fair before it hit the left field foul pole.
Did you hear the one about me being a punk?
Did you hear the one about me being a drunk?
Did you hear the one about me losing my nerve?
Or how I'm just another f**** sheep in the herd?
Did you hear the one about me giving a s***?
Cause if I ever did I don't remember it.
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Again, not from my area but far too hilarious not to pass along.

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

Tiki, thanks for the chuckle! Highway to hell ... Too funny!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

Tiki, thanks for the chuckle! Highway to hell ... Too funny!
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

two that were in our police blotter recently involved a man who reported his neighbor threw a banana peel on his yard.

Another person called the sheriff's office because someone had shot his house. Upon inspection, the bullet holes were found to be mold.
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

East Lampeter Police break up lingerie party

Stripper Pole/Feathers/Loud Music...I'm wondering if Duckett was in town last night :wink:

East Lampeter Township Police broke up a lingerie party, complete with a stripper, feathers and loud music, early Saturday morning.

Officers twice responded to the party, at a second-floor apartment at 77 Foal Court, after getting multiple complaints about the noise.

There was a pole set up in the living room and feathers in the parking lot leading to the front door, said Officer Sam Dillman.

"You never know when you knock on the door, when you're the police, what's going to happen," he said.

Between 45 and 50 people were at the party.

The first time officers responded, at 12:20 a.m., they warned the lingerie party attendees to keep the noise down. The second time officers came, at 3:20 a.m., they kicked everyone out of the party and told them to go home.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/loca ... z2EScOuB00
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Again, this is not from where I live but I thought it was worthy of passing along.

Police: Man kills roommate over pork chop
(WFTV) HOLLY HILL, Fla. -- Holly Hill police said they are investigating if alcohol was involved in the case of a man who shot and killed his roommate over how to prepare pork chops.
SeattleParrotHead

He liked it where? :o

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... 203841.php

Sources: Cross-dressing meth priest liked sex in rectory

Catholic priest busted for allegedly dealing crystal meth was suspended after church officials discovered he was a cross-dresser who was having sex in the rectory at Bridgeport's St. Augustine Cathedral.

Monsignor Kevin Wallin was relieved of his duties in May, but the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bridgeport had continued to pay him a stipend until his Jan. 3 arrest -- a day he was planning to fly to London on vacation.

Now dubbed "Msgr. Meth" by some, Wallin seemed to live a life that easily could have been ripped from the script of "Breaking Bad," the popular AMC series about a high school chemistry teacher turned crystal methamphetamine producer. At one point, Wallin was selling upwards of $9,000 of meth a week, according to his indictment.

In his post-priesthood, Wallin, 61, bought an adult specialty and video store in North Haven called Land of Oz that sells sex toys and X-rated DVDs. Investigators believe the shop helped him launder thousands of dollars in weekly profits.

Wallin's arrest sent shock waves through the Bridgeport and Danbury communities where he was known as a charismatic speaker who was involved in many charitable activities, and who enjoyed Broadway musicals and show tunes. He often attended musicals with his mentor, former N.Y. Cardinal Edward Egan and parishioners.

"There is an evil invading our world and it has come to our church," said Maria Spencer-Fonseca, a long-time parishioner at St. Augustine as she stood outside the cathedral Thursday. "This was a work of evil -- and I am praying for the monsignor."

"I can't fathom it," said 77-year-old Therese Ruppert, a parishioner at the Church of St. Peter in Danbury, where Wallin was pastor from 1996 to 2002. "He was so spiritual. His sermons were wonderful. He had such knowledge of theology."

Wallin, who is represented by a federal public defender, is charged with possession with intent to distribute and distribution of methamphetamine. He has been detained without bond pending an arraignment next week.

Diocese officials stressed that they had no information that Wallin was selling drugs when he was pastor of St. Augustine's Cathedral or when he previously served as pastor of St. Peter Parish.

Ordained in 1984, he served in Bridgeport from that year until 1996, when he went to Danbury. He returned to Bridgeport in 2002 and remained until his resignation in 2011.

"We had no indication he had a drug problem and never had complaints regarding him and drugs," said Diocese Spokesman Brian Wallace.

Instead, Wallace said they became concerned in the spring of 2011 when they began receiving complaints from parishioners regarding Wallin's appearance and erratic behavior.

"We approached him and he admitted he was struggling a bit and shortly after that he resigned (July 2011) and the bishop granted him a sabbatical," Wallace said.

Wallin did go for a health assessment but then didn't go for follow-up examinations and subsequently dropped out of sight. As a result, Wallace said Wallin was suspended.

But sources knowledgeable with the case said the situation went deeper than diocese officials will publicly admit.

While pastor of St. Augustine's, sources said he often disappeared for days at a time; and rectory personnel became concerned and notified diocese officials when Wallin, sometimes dressed as a woman, would entertain odd-looking men, some who were also dressed in women's clothing and engaging in sex acts.

In addition, diocese officials found bizarre sex toys in Wallin's residence, the sources said.

Diocese officials consulted lawyers about the situation and were assured none of Wallin's behavior appeared illegal.
ImageImage

SPH
SeattleParrotHead

Bank security guard nabs suspected 'Jimmy Buffett Bandit'
by KING 5 News
January 26, 2013

Seattle Police believe they may have caught the elusive “Jimmy Buffett Bandit,” suspected in a string of robberies from Seattle to Lacey.
Police say at 5:30 pm Thursday, a 44-year-old man dressed in a ski mask and armed with a gun walked into the US Bank near Westlake Avenue and 8th Avenue N., threatened to shoot a bank clerk, and demanded cash.
As the clerk was handing money over to the suspect, a bank security guard walked up behind the robber and knocked his gun (which turned out to be fake) out of his hand.
The suspect wrestled with the guard, and both men fell to the floor. The guard was able to overpower the suspect, and hold him down until police arrived and arrested him.
This serial bank robber was known for his tropical print shirt, long ponytail, goatee, and sunglasses
Police are now investigating whether the 44-year-old suspect is responsible for nine robberies that began last September.

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Seattle ... 06301.html
ImageImage

SPH
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

SeattleParrotHead wrote:This serial bank robber was known for his tropical print shirt, long ponytail, goatee, and sunglasses
Because Buffett fits this description to a tee.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Amish Mafia: Alan Lee Beiler charged in Perry County with eluding state police, drug possession

By Joe Elias | jelias@pennlive.com
on January 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM, updated January 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

DUNCANNON - An actor in the popular television series "Amish Mafia" is again in trouble with the law, this time in Perry County.

Alan Lee Beiler, 35, of the 800 block of Country Lane in Paradise, Lancaster County, was arraigned last week on charges of drug possession and that he led state police on a high-speed chase along routes 11/15, 22/322 and through the streets of Duncannon on July 7.

Court records state Beiler managed to elude the pursuing troopers after one on them crashed their cruiser. The trooper was treated for a mild concussion. Beiler then drove home, but not before the trooper was able to get his license plate number during the pursuit.

The case appears similar to an Lancaster County incident Belier was involved in that same week, according to court records.

Troopers attempted to stop Beiler near the intersection of routes 11/15 and 22/322 in Reed Township, Dauphin County, at about 9 a.m. because of an expired registration on his 2004 Jeep Liberty.

Beiler then accelerated to 80 mph down Route 22/322 east and then entered Duncannon, police said. He continued to Route 11/15, where he drove south in the northbound lanes and dodged at least five other cars that were traveling in the right direction, police said.

Beiler was taken into custody later that day in Paradise, records state.

During a search of Beiler's Jeep, troopers found a small amount of marijuana hashish; Carisoprodol, a skeletal muscle relaxant; oxycodone; and Alprazolam, an anti-axiety drug, records state.

When he was interviewed by troopers on July 31, Beiler said he was returning home from Newport when the crash began, but he didn't know why he ran away, police said.

Beiler also said he saw the pursuing trooper crash and asked how he was doing, police said. He also told troopers that the drugs found in the Jeep were his, records state.

Beiler has been charged with 34 violations, including felony eluding police, nine misdemeanors and 24 summary counts, including driving without a license.

He was released without having to post bail. A preliminary hearing on the charges has not yet been scheduled.

I can see the Perry County border from my yard.
Duncannon is just a few miles up the road.
Who's got the rum?
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

NC man busted for trying to pass sandwich as pot
The Associated Press
Posted: 02/06/2013 2:13 AM

A North Carolina man apparently trying to feather his nest by selling illegal drugs is in jail because his plan laid an egg.

The Times-News of Burlington reports (http://bit.ly/WtKYQH) a Graham man is accused of selling an undercover police officer a bag that he said contained an ounce of marijuana. The bag actually contained a half-eaten chicken sandwich.

A warrant filed in the Alamance County Magistrate's Office says 23-year-old Dustin Rockwell Davis is charged with sell and delivery of a counterfeit controlled substance and sell and delivery of marijuana. Both are felonies.

Davis was jailed under a $5,000 bond. His attorney couldn't be identified Tuesday.

Police said Davis sold the half-eaten chicken sandwich to the Burlington undercover officer on Jan. 30.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Salem Willows Restroom for Lease...ocean view!

http://www.salemnews.com/local/x7304439 ... water-view

(there's a picture off to the right of the article)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...