How would You be affected by a Goverment Shutdown?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Emerson_Bigguns
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: How would You be affected by a Goverment Shutdown?

Post by Emerson_Bigguns »

drunkpirate66 wrote: There is some "change" we can all believe in ...
One of the dumber comments I've seen lately...

Here's a little Constitution 101... The President proposes the budget but it's up to Congress to edit, adjust, and pass the budget. It's Congress job. The President can ask for whatever, whether he gets it or not is the responsibility of Congress. When a budget fails to pass, it's Congress' fault. The 'bully pulpit' only goes so far and it ends at the Constitution, Article 1, Section 8.

I get it that you and many others don't like President Obama. Great, good for you. Guess what? Obama has been a terrible President thus far, but George Bush was terrible President for 8 years too. Mediocrity is universal and both of them shared at least that trait.

This budget fiasco is not Barack Obama's mess no matter how much you try to blame him for it. This mess belongs to Congress. Both houses, both parties. It's Congresss job to find the middle ground, especially when it is split between the two major parties. They've failed to do so, therefore its Congress that has failed.

People who only see D's and R's and Red and Blue ARE as much the problem as politicians who convienently forget that they they work for 'we the people' and not for insert 'lobbyist or political party here'.
"I know it seems like such a hard life, but there's goodtimes around the bend. The rollercoaster's gotta run to the bottom, before it climbs to the top again..." - Bill Nershi
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Emerson_Bigguns wrote:

Here's a little Constitution 101... The President proposes the budget but it's up to Congress to edit, adjust, and pass the budget. It's Congress job. The President can ask for whatever, whether he gets it or not is the responsibility of Congress. When a budget fails to pass, it's Congress' fault. The 'bully pulpit' only goes so far and it ends at the Constitution, Article 1, Section 8.

I get it that you and many others don't like President Obama. Great, good for you. Guess what? Obama has been a terrible President thus far, but George Bush was terrible President for 8 years too. Mediocrity is universal and both of them shared at least that trait.

This budget fiasco is not Barack Obama's mess no matter how much you try to blame him for it. This mess belongs to Congress. Both houses, both parties. It's Congresss job to find the middle ground, especially when it is split between the two major parties. They've failed to do so, therefore its Congress that has failed.

People who only see D's and R's and Red and Blue ARE as much the problem as politicians who convienently forget that they they work for 'we the people' and not for insert 'lobbyist or political party here'.
One of the "dummer" comments? :lol: Do use the word "funner" too? You are really making a case for yourself.

But I like your BN name - classic - so I will squash whatever differences we may have. Anything that can make me laugh that hard this early in the morning is worth noting.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
Emerson_Bigguns wrote:

One of the "dummer" comments? :lol: Do use the word "funner" too?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Icy cold beer

Post by GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD »

I have 2 boys currently serving...1 in the Army and 1 in the Airforce...so if their paychecks are delayed..will they have the option to delay deployment?..I am betting not..
Being a GI MOM..this makes me just a little p***...
Buffett, Beer & Brisket..
Now that's how we play in TEXAS!!!
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

GARNETBIMBO & BIG DAD wrote:I have 2 boys currently serving...1 in the Army and 1 in the Airforce...so if their paychecks are delayed..will they have the option to delay deployment?..I am betting not..
Being a GI MOM..this makes me just a little p***...
Nnnnope. A little p*ssed? You have the absolute right to be completely OUTRAGED.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
Emerson_Bigguns wrote:

One of the "dummer" comments? :lol: Do use the word "funner" too?
:lol:
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

Nevermind..... :-?
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

catsway wrote:Nevermind..... :-?
All they did was push the problem another week down the line. We could be having the same conversations next Thursday and Friday. This cost the taxpayers a bundle... Anyone who was supposed to be on the road this weekend or Monday had to cancel, since they couldn't make a decision before the end of the business day. LOADS of cancelation fees on the taxpayers bill..... :-?
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

My wife is considered essential now. Back in 95 she was not.

She's also considered essential at her workplace :lol:
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
buffettbear
I have found me a home

Post by buffettbear »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
catsway wrote:Nevermind..... :-?
All they did was push the problem another week down the line. We could be having the same conversations next Thursday and Friday. This cost the taxpayers a bundle... Anyone who was supposed to be on the road this weekend or Monday had to cancel, since they couldn't make a decision before the end of the business day. LOADS of cancelation fees on the taxpayers bill..... :-?
I work for the government and deal a lot with TDY trips. Most tickets purchased for TDY if purchased correctly are 100% refundable without cancellation charges. There are GSA contracts negotiated directly with the airlines.