2011 NFL Season - Are you ready for some football?!?!

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Landshark Girl
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks with a salted rim

Re: 2011 NFL Season - Are you ready for some football?!?!

Post by Landshark Girl »

Would this be a good time to say "Go Browns"? Just curious...cause I can save it for later.

Jon, nice shirt.

I'm a little drunk.

Is this the PWI thread?
Image Image Image
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I'm staying out of this conversation (jk)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
BeachBumJim
Fruitcake
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration...for the moment
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cheap beer...free beer

Post by BeachBumJim »

maid memories wrote:.

BBJim - Any idea when individual tickets go on sale down there? Any idea where I can find a nice (Cowboys fan) boy to take with me? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
I haven't seen anything about individual tix yet. Keep an eye on the www.buccaneers.com site.
I bit the bullet a couple weeks ago and am a season tix holder once again.

I know of a couple cowboys fans that will coming to the tailgate already. They're hitched, tho.
Always some nice Bucs fans at my tailgates. :D 8)
Hoist up the mainsail...add a little BAM to the ginger ale...

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

maid memories wrote:Matt Hasselbeck isn't resigning with Seattle. Tennessee needs quarterbacks. That's all I'm sayin'.
Looks like that is how it's going down...
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Landshark Girl wrote:Would this be a good time to say "Go Browns"? Just curious...cause I can save it for later.

Jon, nice shirt.

I'm a little drunk.

Is this the PWI thread?
are the Browns actually fielding a team this year, or are they just going to concede the season after the first preseason loss? :D
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

Left Field ParrotHead wrote:
maid memories wrote:Matt Hasselbeck isn't resigning with Seattle. Tennessee needs quarterbacks. That's all I'm sayin'.
Tavaris Jackson is finally getting out of the dysfunction of the Vikings and Farve, McNabb is supposedly being brought in to mentor the newest QB. Good luck Mr. Jackson, hopefully you get a chance to shine and show your worth. As for McNabb, feh. Best years on this guy are long gone. Hopefully you can teach.
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Landshark Girl wrote:Would this be a good time to say "Go Browns"? Just curious...cause I can save it for later.

Jon, nice shirt.

I'm a little drunk.

Is this the PWI thread?
are the Browns actually fielding a team this year, or are they just going to concede the season after the first preseason loss? :D
With this monster leading the way, the Browns might win more than a few this season...
Attachments
Madden12.jpg
Madden12.jpg (51.85 KiB) Viewed 842 times
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

I see McNabb has been traded to the Vikings.
I wanted to see Christian Ponder play but oh well, I'm sure he can learn a lot from McNabb
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

Getting ready for my "CHIEFS" to get to Joetown.. Can't wait our 2nd year of hosting the Chiefs, I help work the beer tent on a couple of nights... My youngest daughter works for the Sports Dept. of our college, they are ready for the Chiefs...

Chiefs’ first practice times in St. Joseph The Chiefs will arrive Thursday in St. Joseph and open training camp Friday at Missouri Western with their first practice of the season. All Chiefs outdoor training-camp practices at Missouri Western are free and open to the public, though the school charges a $5 daily fee for parking. The Chiefs have released practice times for this week only: Practices are scheduled for 3:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/26/30 ... z1TJJMWWx0
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

Yahoo Fantasy Football League

Wino and I know (ID# 211956)
password: smith
Feesh
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by Feesh »

BeachBumJim wrote:

BBJim - Any idea when individual tickets go on sale down there? Any idea where I can find a nice (Cowboys fan) boy to take with me? [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
I haven't seen anything about individual tix yet. Keep an eye on the http://www.buccaneers.com site.

I know of a couple cowboys fans that will coming to the tailgate already. They're hitched, tho.
You'll easily be able to find tickets the day of the game. There are always extra tickets floating around. Bucs season ticket holder here going on my 14th season.
I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control, and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Real men wear sombreros!
BeachBumJim
Fruitcake

Post by BeachBumJim »

RinglingRingling wrote:

Jon, nice shirt.

I'm a little drunk.

Is this the PWI thread?
With this monster leading the way, the Browns might win more than a few this season...
At the beginning of the season last year...I referred to him as a "Fake aA$$ Mike Alstott"...
He's a bruiser...not sure he quite Alstott-esque yet...but he finds the endzone.
Give him a few years. :wink:

BeachBumJim
Fruitcake

Post by BeachBumJim »

Feesh wrote:
BeachBumJim wrote:

I haven't seen anything about individual tix yet. Keep an eye on the http://www.buccaneers.com site.

You'll easily be able to find tickets the day of the game. There are always extra tickets floating around.
Not sure about easily finding tix. Especially for the game against "America's Team" :roll: :roll:
We have been playing the game of waiting til we get outside the stadium to buy tix, the last couple seasons...mostly with success..2 games last year we couldn't get tix in our price range (cheap). One was the Steelers...forget the other one.
So we tailgated and watched a satellite feed from the parking lot. :D

maid memories
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 19

Post by maid memories »

Feesh wrote:
BeachBumJim wrote:

You'll easily be able to find tickets the day of the game. There are always extra tickets floating around. Bucs season ticket holder here going on my 14th season.
I know I could find them the day of, but I'd like to be picky enough to be behind their bench or close to where they come out of the locker room. I'd like to be able to touch Jason Witten or Miles Austin without being arrested for trespassing.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.
Danced 'til the dawn, wished all her worries away.

She's a long way from a West Nashville grand ballroom gown.
Feesh
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by Feesh »

BeachBumJim wrote:
Feesh wrote:
BeachBumJim wrote:

You'll easily be able to find tickets the day of the game. There are always extra tickets floating around.
Not sure about easily finding tix. Especially for the game against "America's Team" :roll: :roll:
We have been playing the game of waiting til we get outside the stadium to buy tix, the last couple seasons...mostly with success..2 games last year we couldn't get tix in our price range (cheap). One was the Steelers...forget the other one.
So we tailgated and watched a satellite feed from the parking lot. :D
Agreed - and it is a late season Saturday night game, so there are a lot of question marks. Plus, the Bucs should be locking up a high playoff seed around that time, so the bandwagon fans will be out in full force again. :D But, if you want tickets, you can get tickets. I'd also check the NFL ticket exchange and Stubhub.
I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control, and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Real men wear sombreros!
maid memories
Hoot!

Post by maid memories »

RinglingRingling wrote:
Tavaris Jackson is finally getting out of the dysfunction of the Vikings and Farve, McNabb is supposedly being brought in to mentor the newest QB. Good luck Mr. Jackson, hopefully you get a chance to shine and show your worth. As for McNabb, feh. Best years on this guy are long gone. Hopefully you can teach.
McNabb's best days of playing are certainly behind him, but I'm sure he's got a lot to offer in terms of helping mold a rookie. Especially if they're looking for somebody with McNabb's playing style. As we all know, just because these guys were great quarterbacks in college doesn't equate great pro-quarterbacking (Heath Schuler) and they need guidance from coaches and seasoned players.

I would suggest Brett Farve get into that, but since I question his common sense and intelligence, I'm not sure he could articulate his instinctive football playing to others. He may be the 'Rain Man' of quarterbacks.
I knew this girl made of memories and phrases, who lived her whole life in both chapters and stages.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing

maid memories wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
McNabb's best days of playing are certainly behind him, but I'm sure he's got a lot to offer in terms of helping mold a rookie. Especially if they're looking for somebody with McNabb's playing style. As we all know, just because these guys were great quarterbacks in college doesn't equate great pro-quarterbacking (Heath Schuler) and they need guidance from coaches and seasoned players.

I would suggest Brett Farve get into that, but since I question his common sense and intelligence, I'm not sure he could articulate his instinctive football playing to others. He may be the 'Rain Man' of quarterbacks, sexters, and painkiller addicts.
He's an idiot savant at a lot of things...
Landshark Girl
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks with a salted rim

Post by Landshark Girl »

RinglingRingling wrote:

Jon, nice shirt.

I'm a little drunk.

Is this the PWI thread?
He is a beast...and damn good looking, too.

Or so I hear from all the single girls in Cleveland. :o
Image Image Image
maid memories
Hoot!

Post by maid memories »

Called it. We have official announcements.

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
NYCPORT wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
The fact is that the Patriots have been kicking the Jets as$ for so long even one small victory that amounted to nothing is worth celebrating if you are a fan. No one is taking them seriously. The Jets are the equivalent of Tony Romo in the AFC. Worthless.
Short term memory problems there buddy? Maybe you should lay off the sauce for a bit.
Which team has been to the AFC Championship 2 years in row? And which team hasn't? Get used to it, you guys are old news... :P
You are actually bragging about getting to the game before the actual championship? Not winning the game! Just getting to the semi-finals. This could make my top ten list of "you know you are a fan of a pathetic loser sports team when . . . "

This, after the team you are mocking, won 3 Super Bowls, made 4 Super Bowl appearances (but I would never brag about losing a big game), a perfect regular season, and a couple of record setting win streaks.

Perhaps you want to travel back to 1969 when the Jets actually mattered. Because the whole "YIPPPEEEEE we made it to the AFC championship" level of "brag" makes me want to sign you up for therapy. The equivalent would be me bragging about the 2003 Red Sox. "Gosh darn! We came so close . . . we should be proud of our efforts" . . . bullsh*t. :lol:
Talk all you want about the 3 Super Bowl championships, the undefeated season, the record winning streaks, all the other BS. None of that means s*** if they can't close the deal and it's been 6 years and counting since they won a game that mattered. The last two years they were one and done in the playoffs and both of those losses were at home.
and when was the last time the Jets ( Just End The Season) won a big game.....i think i was 6!!