NFL 2012 Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Re: NFL 2012 Season

Post by aeroparrot »

GO SAINTS!!!!!

There I had to say it, and I think the Cowboys fans on the board will agree with this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Ravi,

If you go by the RG3 should be MVP because where would the Redskins be without him theory then Andrew Luck is your MVP considering where the Colts were last year. Tom Brady is a lock for MVP this year (if the voting were held today). Then, based on basic stats, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers. Doug Martin will get similar votes to RG3 and Luck and Russell Wilson. The only player this year, so far, that would challenge Brady is Aldon Smith but Defensive Players have their own awards.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Ravi,

If you go by the RG3 should be MVP because where would the Redskins be without him theory then Andrew Luck is your MVP considering where the Colts were last year. Tom Brady is a lock for MVP this year (if the voting were held today). Then, based on basic stats, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers. Doug Martin will get similar votes to RG3 and Luck and Russell Wilson. The only player this year, so far, that would challenge Brady is Aldon Smith but Defensive Players have their own awards.
Very true about Luck.

Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

aeroparrot wrote:GO SAINTS!!!!!

There I had to say it, and I think the Cowboys fans on the board will agree with this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of the rare occasions, we will agree with you. :wink:
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

So, do you guys think that an MVP is:
1. Someone who performed well and did what everyone expected them/the team to do
or
2. Someone who performed well and did what no one expected them/the team to do
Just curious. Some might say #1 is harder to do than #2.

And fabduo said:
"That is because most of the time he throws 2-3 yard passes -and if he continues to run around like he does -he will be just like Vick is now -he is young so he can take the hits but it won't last very long"
I disagree this this part: "That is because most of the time he throws 2-3 yard passes". He's got one of the highest yards per attempt and he has second longest pass play for the season in the league. Now, some of that may be a function of yards after the catch but he has certainly be airing it out.
Now, yes, he runs a lot and won't last long and while that's a good point, it isn't really germaine to this discussion. There again, Vick's been int he league 10 years and Randall Cunningham was in it for 15 or so.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Every sport has its own subjective criteria for the MVP award. There have even been players on last place teams who have won the award which obviously makes no sense at all.

99% of the time:

NFL: The QB gets it. How many yards thrown combined with td passes and lack of ints.
MLB: HRs!!!!! HRs!!!!!! HRs!!!!!! Does matter how much you stink at defense. HRs rule all. Ryan Howard won the award once while producing horrible defense at 1st base with almost setting an MLB record for striking out more times than anyone in a season. (Pedroia, Mauer, and Verlander have actually put pause in this reasoning for AL voting as of late dating back to 2008.)
NBA: Your name is Lebron James and win it even when you are near or at the top of the league for turnovers which is historically amazing because no non guard has ever done that. But it usually comes down to who scores the most points.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
smiller
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: The Wino and I Know
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by smiller »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Ravi,

Yea, they get paid extra to knock guys out of games.
"wishing every month of the year could be June" - JB So TRUE!
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Every sport has its own subjective criteria for the MVP award. There have even been players on last place teams who have won the award which obviously makes no sense at all.

99% of the time:

NFL: The QB gets it. How many yards thrown combined with td passes and lack of ints.
MLB: HRs!!!!! HRs!!!!!! HRs!!!!!! Does matter how much you stink at defense. HRs rule all. Ryan Howard won the award once while producing horrible defense at 1st base with almost setting an MLB record for striking out more times than anyone in a season. (Pedroia, Mauer, and Verlander have actually put pause in this reasoning for AL voting as of late dating back to 2008.)
NBA: Your name is Lebron James and win it even when you are near or at the top of the league for turnovers which is historically amazing because no non guard has ever done that. But it usually comes down to who scores the most points.
How about the NHL? :) Does you name need to start with Sidney?

As for the NFL, yeah, that sound about right.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
Tequila Revenge
Lester Polyester
Favorite Boat Drink: cubra libre

Post by Tequila Revenge »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Every sport has its own subjective criteria for the MVP award. There have even been players on last place teams who have won the award which obviously makes no sense at all.

99% of the time:

Or makes the entire team better 8)
got to stop wishin' got to start fishin'....
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

If both the Saints and Redskins win, the Redskins would be division leaders AND would control their playoff entry. :o :o :o

Of course I am hoping Seattle will lose too.

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

WOOOHOO!!!!

Redskins win in OT. A concern is with RGIII and his knee he hurt. Now, cheering on the Saints to drop the Giants to where they belong, near the bottom of the division. Cowboys deserve to be there too but as long as the Redskins have the tiebreaker, they will not make the playoffs.

bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bravedave »

It took me a minute to catch my breath after Ngata took RGIII down. When i saw his knee whip on the replay, I was sure he would be out for the season.

Get well soon, Robert. (Well done, Kirk.)
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

bravedave wrote:It took me a minute to catch my breath after Ngata took RGIII down. When i saw his knee whip on the replay, I was sure he would be out for the season.

Get well soon, Robert. (Well done, Kirk.)
Right now it seems to be only a sprain. Hopefully, if he misses times, it will be only one week.

fabduo
Behind Door #3

Post by fabduo »

aeroparrot wrote:WOOOHOO!!!!

Redskins win in OT. A concern is with RGIII and his knee he hurt. Now, cheering on the Saints to drop the Giants to where they belong, near the bottom of the division. Cowboys deserve to be there too but as long as the Redskins have the tiebreaker, they will not make the playoffs.
Guess that didn't happen now did it 8)
ImageImageImageImage

aeroparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by aeroparrot »

fabduo wrote:

The way the Redskins are playing, the Giants better keep winning. :wink:

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

As a Lion fan.................I hate pro football!! :evil:
That is all.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

fabduo wrote:

Please...for a few minutes there it looked like we were gonna blow a 22 point lead. :o
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

fabduo
Behind Door #3

Post by fabduo »

lime rickie wrote:
fabduo wrote:

Please...for a few minutes there it looked like we were gonna blow a 22 point lead. :o
Yeah but we are used to that -they just give me stomach pains every game -never eat right before or after a game :-?
ImageImageImageImage

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The Giants have been beating themselves this year. They easily could have dropped 60+ points on the Saints yesterday without the mistakes.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
pupnpony
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by pupnpony »

Kind of an odd spot for a newbie like myself to start, but after all these years I have to chime in with Hail To The Redskins -- FINALLY!