2017 Ravens Baseball/Football

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

2017 Ravens Baseball/Football

Post by johnson2113 »

I really hate to see my Feeding Frenzy go away. But I have set logos to use, nothing I have to try and come up with. And it cuts down on the clothes I have to wear.

Ryanne is doing great after her spider bite, back at it, torturing me.

A good 3 week to a month lay off was needed by all of us.

My goodness, the amount of drama in a little league baseball team is more than I can keep up with. And it just keeps getting more and more dramatic. And there is plenty of drama to go around everywhere else. I just go to worry about my tasks and let everyone else deal with the problems. I don't have to focus on running anything but my camera now. Which is great for me.

The Ravens, two games into the season and 60% of the team I already knew from the Sharks, and the bottom third of that 60% I wasn't thrilled with being on the team has stepped up. Getting rid of the players that didn't want to be there has done wonders for these boys. They are finally having fun playing baseball and they are playing great.

Bub is going to be the catcher, no matter what he wants to do, the coach depends on him so much. He's calling timeouts to go settle his pitchers down. He is the man, and I haven't even jumped into see what he is doing in football, yet.

So many great pictures and plays and no way I can even begin to catch up until next week.

Game on Sunday, game on Monday(tonight), football practice tomorrow, game on Wednesday, football practice on Thursday, and tournament this weekend. I may spend Thursday working on pictures and only pictures.

And in the time off I worked up all of my Sharks cards into Ravens cards and recreated a ton more, I have 139 baseball card templates. Starting from the 50s to today.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: 2017 Ravens Baseball/Football

Post by lime rickie »

Good news about Ryanne. [smilie=coolup.gif]

Little League isn't all bad drama. Did you see this? Just beautiful.

http://deadspin.com/opposing-coaches-an ... 1798301619
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: August 22, 2017 5:43 pm Good news about Ryanne. [smilie=coolup.gif]

Little League isn't all bad drama. Did you see this? Just beautiful.

http://deadspin.com/opposing-coaches-an ... 1798301619
Sorry, it's been crazy. Yes, I did. That's why I've always like our coaching staff. They have always been good to other teams, even when other coaches haven't been. One of the coaches in the football league has been banned from coaching.

Bub has been an absolutely destructive force. Catcher, Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, Pitcher, At Bat, On The Base Path. I am behind two baseball games and now a football game, I have to do some family pictures tomorrow(something I don't like to do, something I am not good at), then I have to go on a trip and miss at least one baseball game and one football game.

The Ravens baseball team is awesome right now! Every player has stepped up and played incredible. Bub, I honestly didn't know he could play better, but he is. He has played catcher more than any of us could dream, nothing is getting passed him. Reset.

The Ravens were based around 4 former Sharks. Those four boys' dads are the coaches. One kid has a bloody cannon for an arm. With Bub catching for him he is throwing nothing but absolute heat. He's only allowed one base runner, and it's because he hit the kid. He struck out one kid, the next batter swung and took it off the knuckles.(OUCH) The kid he had just struck out did not want to come in a pinch hitter and face him again. The other two, one plays the middle 2B and SS, nothing is getting passed him, the other plays the outfield and some infield, he is playing amazing. Baseball is finally FUN, again! In one inning, Bub threw a guy out stealing third, picked up a bunt and threw the runner out at first and he got a pop foul against the fence, he is a one man wrecking crew.

Football, kicked off today, that was a sight! My brother in law, Bub's dad, my sister's husband is hands down the best coach on the field. He was having so much fun out their coaching and getting the team fired up, he got the stands fired up. He was whooping and hollering. It was INSANE!

The boys are playing a lot of ironman football, they were exhausted by the fourth quarter. The were dehydrated and soaked in sweat. Kelb got those boys fired up and our resident SUPERSTAR, he got the sack the sealed the game. The sidelines erupted, the players were charging the field, coaches were freaking out, there a lot of football fields, we were at one end, the other side of the complex could hear us no doubt.

I still get chills looking at this picture, there is no stopping him, there is no containing him, just get out of his way. Double teamed and held all day, didn't give up for one minute.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The biggest football game of the weekend is coming up, the regular baseball season ended last night with a HUGE 24-2 win. The Monster Bash is are last baseball tourney of the season.

I can't wait, I got my mascot/costume for the game.

The team cards are done, we are picking up another player for the tourney, need to get some pictures and a name, but I love what I have come up for the team already.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ravensbas ... 8879796956
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

The cards turned out great, Jerred! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: September 28, 2017 6:46 am The cards turned out great, Jerred! [smilie=coolup.gif]
Thank you! I was talking with my sister the week before the tournament and coming up with ideas. My pictures are truly for the parents and a great play is for the team. I came up with an idea for Bub, it was just a jumping off point then I came up with Hankenstein. That was my first "brilliant" idea, and Hank's mom told me he wanted a "Big Head" of Hankenstein. And I didn't question the reason why I take so many pictures after that.

I can remember the exact moment that I wanted to take pictures, it was before my main was a thought, before my homegirl was even an idea. I had no idea at the first flag football game that I would be shooting hundreds of thousands of pictures of any sporting event. I had no idea that the little man that stole my heart and soul would be the best player I have ever seen, that his sister, that wasn't even born, would be the best buddy I have ever had since I met her father.

I don't regret anything I have ever said, after this weekend. When the Ravens baseball season was done, the Ravens football team, 'pitched' a shutout. What I have done is what I live for.

Ravens baseball is done, we are NOT playing another game. Bub is a gun for hire, and he was asked to fill in. Unfortunately, rain hit us, again and Bub didn't play his position. But, right now, if I'm lying, I'm dying, if the coach had put Bub in where he needed to be, this post would not be written right now. I would still be asleep.

I watched AA teams all season, Bub is head and shoulders above them. This weekend I watched AAA and Major teams, Bub is head and shoulders above those catchers. If Bub had been catcher, I believe we could have been in a championship game, the only reason we weren't was because of the same reason the Sharks/Feeding Frenzy is gone.

All baseball should be done, the Ravens finished second in the league, Bub got an All-State invitation and an MVP medal for the Monster Bash, next year will be a crazy year, two new Ravens, and some great ball players joining the team.

Ravens football is in second place as of the updated standings. Our defense is brutal, we are an OT loss from being first. Saturday, November 4th, If you can all send your PHIN POWER TO THE ONW RAVENS, we will need it. Three turnovers by our defense, NOT converted into TD's is the difference between a first and second place.

I'm not looking for views, I don't care about that. All I care about is taking great pictures, honestly. I want to share my passion with anyone that is interested, and you all are the people that mean the second most to me in the world, my parents and my sister and brother-in-law, my niece and nephew are the ONLY people I think about before my BN family. If I gave a damn about myself I would put my name on my pictures, all I care about is the pictures of my teams. Please, enjoy my pictures and my teams.

l]https://www.flickr.com/photos/ravensbaseball/[/url]
https://www.flickr.com/people/onwravens/