Congrats! Mac does it again!

Discuss current members such as Mac McAnally, Peter Mayer, Jim Mayer, Robert Greenidge and others, or discuss past band members such as Fingers Taylor, Ralph MacDonald, and Amy Lee.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Congrats! Mac does it again!

Post by lime rickie »

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Pretty cool! :)
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

GO MAC!
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Debbie
Mac's Personal Stalker
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Mac's Personal Stalker »

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] I heard that at his resent Atlanta show he let the crowd know he was available to sign anything after the show. Then he followed that up with "except body parts". :o :lol: :lol: 8)

Congrats Mac!!!!!
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Mac's Personal Stalker wrote: August 30, 2018 9:04 pm [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] I heard that at his resent Atlanta show he let the crowd know he was available to sign anything after the show. Then he followed that up with "except body parts". :o :lol: :lol: 8)

Congrats Mac!!!!!
[smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif]

Debbie
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

And again....

Mac McAnally wins 10th CMA Award for Musician of the Year
By Mary Colurso | mcolurso@al.commcolurso@al.com
Mac McAnally probably needs to buy a new trophy case. Tonight at the 52nd Annual CMA Awards, he scored his 10th win as Musician of the Year.
McAnally -- a guitarist, songwriter, singer and producer -- has a lock on this category, winning the CMA in 2008-2015 and 2017. He’s clearly a favorite among voters in the Country Music Association, but as McAnally will be the first to tell you, he never takes a CMA victory for granted.
“I continually demand a recount for every one I get,” McAnally told AL.com in 2016, after his eighth win. "And I feel compelled to call myself out, every time I make a mistake during a studio recording session. I’ll stop and say, ‘Let’s do one more for the Musician of the Year.’”
McAnally’s award was announced before the televised ceremony, which started at 7 p.m. CT at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena.
The musician, 61, probably is best known as a member of Jimmy Buffett’s Coral Reefer Band, but McAnally also has a solo career as a singer-songwriter. His songs are in demand among many artists in the country world, and have been recorded by Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Sawyer Brown, Ronnie Dunn, the Alabama band and more.
Most recently, one of McAnally’s songs, “It’s My Job," was featured in “Escape to Margaritaville,” a Buffett-themed musical that spent four months on Broadway.
McAnally’s primary residence is Nashville, and he spends a great deal of time on the road. However, he also has strong ties to Alabama. McAnally was born in Red Bay and has a home and recording studio in Sheffield.
“The road has grown, from about a third of my time to close to half,” McAnally told AL.com in 2016. “I have three daughters who all live in Nashville, and my time has been skewed there. That way, I get to spend time with my kids. Muscle Shoals is a little more about work for me, and I believe the work benefits. If I have control of a project, I try to go to Muscle Shoals. And it’s not just me -- the music likes to be there, too.”
https://www.al.com/life/2018/11/mac-mca ... -year.html
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

[smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]

Debbie
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Congrats Mac!

I still this they should let him play on the show....they aren't using him like they should.