Excited for Mac on July 6

Discuss current members such as Mac McAnally, Peter Mayer, Jim Mayer, Robert Greenidge and others, or discuss past band members such as Fingers Taylor, Ralph MacDonald, and Amy Lee.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Excited for Mac on July 6

Post by PeretHed66 »

Covington, VA, the day after the Buffett show at The Greenbrier. Michael Armstrong and the Key West Band w/Doyle will be opening, then solo Mac after that; suspect Doyle will make an appearance with Mac as well. Cannot wait, 2 days of great music back-to-back.

More Doyle!
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Re: Excited for Mac on July 6

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Just saw Mac in Atlantic City. He was fabulous. Love him.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Little known fact about Mac but he has often played with Jimmy Buffett in the past.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Little known fact about Mac but he has often played with Jimmy Buffett in the past.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Debbie
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by PeretHed66 »

Phenomenal show. Key West Band opened, setlist comprised of songs that feature Doyle, including not only Buffett, but many of the country songs that he played on from Randy Travis and Dan Seals; also a couple of great originals.

Mac played all of his songs that were hits, plus others. Switched between guitar and keys, plus one on the mandolin. Doyle joined for a beautiful version of "Coast of Carolina", then they brought Michael Armstrong from the KWB on to help with "Back Where I Come From", which was especially nice since Covington is his hometown and he was the driving force behind the show. Mac played just under 2 hours. Overall, a fantastic evening of live music, up close and personal.
More Doyle!
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Left the Mac show last month feeling like I had made a new friend! He really gives of himself on stage! So genuine. [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by PeretHed66 »

sistergoldenhair wrote:Left the Mac show last month feeling like I had made a new friend! He really gives of himself on stage! So genuine. [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]
Yep. Had the chance to meet him during soundcheck (we're good friends with Michael from Key West and were staying with him over the weekend, so we drove over to the park with him early); truly a down to earth individual - he was asking everyone associated with the show if they were hungry, more than welcome to help themselves to the food from his "green room". It was awesome to see him reviewing chord changes for "Where I Come From" with Michael before the show.
More Doyle!