Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

BVI

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Post Reply
tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3501
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

BVI

Post by tailgaitingph » January 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Hey pholks.

Headed to BVI in June for a lil over a week stay with friends on their sailboat. Looking for suggestions for bars and 'must see' places. Good group of diverse peeps so I will take any and all advice!

Thanks in advance 8)
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

User avatar
Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11572
Joined: May 5, 2010 11:14 am
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY
Location: "Amish" country, PA

Re: BVI

Post by Saltx3 » January 28, 2019 7:19 am

tailgaitingph wrote:
January 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Hey pholks.

Headed to BVI in June for a lil over a week stay with friends on their sailboat. Looking for suggestions for bars and 'must see' places. Good group of diverse peeps so I will take any and all advice!

Thanks in advance 8)
For me & dad's 36th anniversary ???
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda


Image

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3501
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Re: BVI

Post by tailgaitingph » January 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Saltx3 wrote:
January 28, 2019 7:19 am
tailgaitingph wrote:
January 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Hey pholks.

Headed to BVI in June for a lil over a week stay with friends on their sailboat. Looking for suggestions for bars and 'must see' places. Good group of diverse peeps so I will take any and all advice!

Thanks in advance 8)
For me & dad's 36th anniversary ???
It was supposed to be a surprise [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

User avatar
Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11572
Joined: May 5, 2010 11:14 am
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY
Location: "Amish" country, PA

Re: BVI

Post by Saltx3 » January 28, 2019 3:28 pm

tailgaitingph wrote:
January 28, 2019 2:04 pm
Saltx3 wrote:
January 28, 2019 7:19 am
tailgaitingph wrote:
January 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Hey pholks.

Headed to BVI in June for a lil over a week stay with friends on their sailboat. Looking for suggestions for bars and 'must see' places. Good group of diverse peeps so I will take any and all advice!

Thanks in advance 8)
For me & dad's 36th anniversary ???
It was supposed to be a surprise [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
oops -- I'll forget I ever saw this....
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda


Image

Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 21
Joined: August 16, 2016 5:44 am
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 25

Re: BVI

Post by Thethirstygator » February 3, 2019 8:21 am

Not sure if it has been rebuilt but Cooper Island is great. Limited moorings, mid morning is the best time to find one. Bitter End Yacht Club is good. My favorite bar in the world is The B-Line on Little Yost. The owner "Bunky" had my 12 y.o. behind the bar making Painkillers for everyone.

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3501
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Re: BVI

Post by tailgaitingph » February 3, 2019 9:38 am

Thethirstygator wrote:
February 3, 2019 8:21 am
Not sure if it has been rebuilt but Cooper Island is great. Limited moorings, mid morning is the best time to find one. Bitter End Yacht Club is good. My favorite bar in the world is The B-Line on Little Yost. The owner "Bunky" had my 12 y.o. behind the bar making Painkillers for everyone.
From what I've read, it appears Cooper Island is open. That's a stop on my list as I want to patronize the rum bar 8) .
I will check into the other 2 places. We are just island hopping with no real plans other than a stop at The Baths.

Thank you for the info!
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

seminoledq
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 496
Joined: June 28, 2007 1:50 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale
Location: Louisville, CO

Re: BVI

Post by seminoledq » February 6, 2019 8:39 am

Soggy Dollar and Foxy's are a must on JVD.

User avatar
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10322
Joined: May 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum
Location: Pensacola

Re: BVI

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer » February 6, 2019 9:21 am

If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
Back to livin' Floridays

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3501
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Re: BVI

Post by tailgaitingph » February 10, 2019 5:49 pm

seminoledq wrote:
February 6, 2019 8:39 am
Soggy Dollar and Foxy's are a must on JVD.
Soggy Dollar was definitely on the list. Foxy's is having a full moon party on the day we arrive :pirate: We've decided we are headed there as soon as we land!
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

tailgaitingph
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3501
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in latitude....
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Whipped cream RUM

Re: BVI

Post by tailgaitingph » February 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
February 6, 2019 9:21 am
If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
They just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
Anyway, we met for lunch today & I mentioned your suggestions as well as the others. We added West End & Bitter End to the probable itinerary. Thank you!
Like I said, we really have no real 'plans' except to island hop & hope to hit the hot spots.
Hope to have a chance to sit down & talk to you at OB for further thoughts/suggestions on the trip!
Just trying to participate and make SP proud

User avatar
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10322
Joined: May 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum
Location: Pensacola

Re: BVI

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer » February 10, 2019 6:25 pm

tailgaitingph wrote:
February 10, 2019 6:13 pm
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
February 6, 2019 9:21 am
If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
They just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
Anyway, we met for lunch today & I mentioned your suggestions as well as the others. We added West End & Bitter End to the probable itinerary. Thank you!
Like I said, we really have no real 'plans' except to island hop & hope to hit the hot spots.
Hope to have a chance to sit down & talk to you at OB for further thoughts/suggestions on the trip!
Looking forward to it!
Back to livin' Floridays

User avatar
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10322
Joined: May 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum
Location: Pensacola

Re: BVI

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer » February 10, 2019 6:31 pm

tailgaitingph wrote:
February 10, 2019 6:13 pm
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
February 6, 2019 9:21 am
If your friends have a sailboat I'll bet they know the good places to go. Some of my favorite places are Foxy's, The Baths, West End, Cane Garden Bay, Bitter End, Road Town, I like Trellis Bay for snorkeling and solitude.
They just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
Anyway, we met for lunch today & I mentioned your suggestions as well as the others. We added West End & Bitter End to the probable itinerary. Thank you!
Like I said, we really have no real 'plans' except to island hop & hope to hit the hot spots.
Hope to have a chance to sit down & talk to you at OB for further thoughts/suggestions on the trip!
Looking forward to it!
Back to livin' Floridays

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21543
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: BVI

Post by lime rickie » February 11, 2019 6:09 pm

tailgaitingph wrote:
February 10, 2019 6:13 pm
They just got the boat in 2017 & after some issues (and damage from flooding while it was docked in New Bern, NC) it was finally sailed to BVI last Nov. They currently have it chartered out down there with a company. Although THEY have never sailed it further south than NC, I will say they are both very on point for safety & he has his Capt's license.
Anyway, we met for lunch today & I mentioned your suggestions as well as the others. We added West End & Bitter End to the probable itinerary. Thank you!
Like I said, we really have no real 'plans' except to island hop & hope to hit the hot spots.
Hope to have a chance to sit down & talk to you at OB for further thoughts/suggestions on the trip!
This sounds awesome.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

Post Reply