Disney World

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Mango Margarita

Disney World

Post by keynorthwestprthd »

So, my mom called today and she was talking about next next Christmas going to Florida, and I get to go with them, and they're going to pay. Whoo hoo. I hate flying, and I am a nervous wreck the whole time I am in the air, but I will fly to Florida if it's for free. Yeah I know I will be with my parents, but it's free trip. I am sure there is a ton to do in Disney World and the area.

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor or Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by blackjack »

There is definitely a TON to do.

Personally, I prefer the Universal parks. Right near them there is "City Walk" a collection of restaurants, bars and nightclubs...including a Margaritaville!

You will always find me at City Walk after the parks close.

Enjoy!

inked-parrotthead
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe in Breathe out,move on
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Iron city beer

Post by inked-parrotthead »

I like Universal,Im married to a disney nut and Dear Sweet IN-LAWS-OF INKED, live about 25mins from the mouse I have done a lot of disney time,I have to say Christmas there is amazing!!! Its not my favorite thing in Florida but it is pretty cool.Go have phun...the Orlando M-VILLE at Universal is great,better than the one in Key West.
sqeeze my lime

karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

COUNTLESS things to do at Disney! You need to get out a bit more often.

My cousins were there before Thanksgiving and it was all about Christmas - they had a blast. I was there one year before Easter - a lot of Star sightings at the "club" section of DownTown Disney (I forget the name right now).
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

ConchRepublican
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor / Boat Drinks / The Captain and the Kid / CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas, Daiquiris & Mojitos!!!!
Location: My own slice of Margaritaville - my backyard Tiki Bar in Queens, NY!

Post by ConchRepublican »

Don't get me started on Disney . . . too late, I started!!!! It's that darn chip they put in my head . . .

PM me if you want specific info. I'm a vacation club member and trip co-ordinator for friends. If you're not a "Magic Kingdom" type, that's fine, there's a much more to do in Epcot and Animal Kingdom, as well as just touring the resorts themsilves, for you to have a good time.
"I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shovin'"

Welcome to Flemingo Key . . .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flemingo ... 647?ref=hl

Floridaze
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 100

Post by Floridaze »

Remember a side trip to the beach...so many people come down here and never leave Orlando..Cocoa Beach is 50 miles east and a fun day away from the parks...clean beaches, great seafood and outdoor bars...
"I'm back to living Floridays,
Blue skies and ultraviolet rays,
Looking for better days"

bbqmonster
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Favorite Boat Drink: Outlawed Martina

Post by bbqmonster »

Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk is always fun. Tuesday nights are the best as it is Cast Member night.
BBQMonster

z-man
Here We Are
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Disney World

Post by z-man »

keynorthwestprthd wrote:So, my mom called today and she was talking about next next Christmas going to Florida, and I get to go with them, and they're going to pay. Whoo hoo. I hate flying, and I am a nervous wreck the whole time I am in the air, but I will fly to Florida if it's for free. Yeah I know I will be with my parents, but it's free trip. I am sure there is a ton to do in Disney World and the area.
just give an indication of what you like/want to do.
plenty of Disney lovers and Orlando/Florida locals can make suggestions...
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: My favorites seem to change with the seasons
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Some patron please

Post by LIBuffettFan »

bbqmonster wrote:Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk is always fun. Tuesday nights are the best as it is Cast Member night.
BBQMonster
OMG..Jellyrolls is a blast and a must to do. The more crowded the place is the more fun your going to have for sure.

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

LIBuffettFan wrote:
bbqmonster wrote:Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk is always fun. Tuesday nights are the best as it is Cast Member night.
BBQMonster
OMG..Jellyrolls is a blast and a must to do. The more crowded the place is the more fun your going to have for sure.
What is Jellyrolls? I will be at Disney in 2 weeks...
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by LIBuffettFan »

UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
BBQMonster
Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar located on the boardwalk at the Boardwalk resort. They just sit and take requests, the two piano players can pretty much play anything, yes even JB. If your request is on a $5.00 spot it will definitely get played and they have everyone sing along, dance...just a big party. when you head out onto the Boardwalk from the main entrance, its all the way down on the left side next to the Dance Hall. I have been there a few times, sometimes are better then others, when there are a bunch of people it can be a real blast.

bbqmonster

Post by bbqmonster »

LIBuffettFan wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
BBQMonster
Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar located on the boardwalk at the Boardwalk resort. They just sit and take requests, the two piano players can pretty much play anything, yes even JB. If your request is on a $5.00 spot it will definitely get played and they have everyone sing along, dance...just a big party. when you head out onto the Boardwalk from the main entrance, its all the way down on the left side next to the Dance Hall. I have been there a few times, sometimes are better then others, when there are a bunch of people it can be a real blast.
Like I said before Tuedays nights are Cast Member night so it gets really busy. The last time I was there they had drink specials on Tuesday, I think the beers were $1.00. Of course these are "Disney" specials, so the beers were only 6 or 8 oz each. Still that is pretty good for the Mouse.
Have fun.
BBQMonster

blackjack
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor or Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by blackjack »

LIBuffettFan wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
BBQMonster
Better than the pianos at Pat O'Briens?

z-man
Here We Are

Post by z-man »

blackjack wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
BBQMonster
Better than the pianos at Pat O'Briens?
Yes
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

UpstateNYPH
Behind Door #3

Post by UpstateNYPH »

bbqmonster wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
BBQMonster
Like I said before Tuedays nights are Cast Member night so it gets really busy. The last time I was there they had drink specials on Tuesday, I think the beers were $1.00. Of course these are "Disney" specials, so the beers were only 6 or 8 oz each. Still that is pretty good for the Mouse.
Have fun.
BBQMonster
So would you suggest going on a Monday night? We are planning on seeing Illuminations that night so maybe we can walk over after that.

That brings me to another point. How late do the resort buses run? I would need to get back to Old Key West resort...
~Mike

Want this badge?</div>

keynorthwestprthd
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Savannah Fare You Well
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Mango Margarita

Post by keynorthwestprthd »

I also am figuring that since I am going to be Florida, why not make a side trip down to the keys! 8)

hemispheredancer05
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In Breathe Out Move On
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on my mood!!!

Post by hemispheredancer05 »

I would try to get to Jelly Rolls at opening. They open at 7 and they do card at the door. I am almost 40 and still get carded! If you get there later, it will be standing room only. Ray and Scott are the best. Michael I could really skip, but that is personal preference. JR is a hoot!

bbqmonster

Post by bbqmonster »

UpstateNYPH wrote:
bbqmonster wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
BBQMonster
Have fun.
BBQMonster
So would you suggest going on a Monday night? We are planning on seeing Illuminations that night so maybe we can walk over after that.

That brings me to another point. How late do the resort buses run? I would need to get back to Old Key West resort...

In my experience Jellyrolls starts to fill up after Illuminations so we usually head towards Britain about the time the Globe starts to open. Then exit out the back entrance, between France & Brittan, right when it is over and head straight to Jellyrolls. Hope this helps.

One more tip. Be sure to check the wind direction before Illuminations starts. The fireworks go off fairly low, and if you are downwind both you and any pictures you take will be full of smoke. We usually end up near Canada, not too smoky and close to a beer stand. Have fun
BBQMonster

CoronaMargaritahead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Swizzle / Mojito

Post by CoronaMargaritahead »

you can always stop by Margaritaville at Universal's CityWalk. I have been there twice this week, visiting a friend for spring break. Its a blast down here. Islands of Adventure seems to be the best deal with the coasters. You'll have a good time. We hit up some clubs in Downtown Orlando too. You can also head over to Daytona for the day its only a 45 minute drive up I4 to 95

LIBuffettFan
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by LIBuffettFan »

bbqmonster wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
bbqmonster wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote:
UpstateNYPH wrote:
LIBuffettFan wrote: OMG..Jellyrolls is a blast and a must to do. The more crowded the place is the more fun your going to have for sure.
Have fun.
BBQMonster

In my experience Jellyrolls starts to fill up after Illuminations so we usually head towards Britain about the time the Globe starts to open. Then exit out the back entrance, between France & Brittan, right when it is over and head straight to Jellyrolls. Hope this helps.

One more tip. Be sure to check the wind direction before Illuminations starts. The fireworks go off fairly low, and if you are downwind both you and any pictures you take will be full of smoke. We usually end up near Canada, not too smoky and close to a beer stand. Have fun
BBQMonster
It's funny you should mention Illuminations. Everytime I have gone to Jellyrolls Illuminations was going off as I was walking along the boardwalk and I would stop and watch the fireworks for a few. With Epcot right next to the Boardwalk, its not a bad walk or boat ride over so going the night your seeing that show works out well. You could also plan it around Fantasmic at MGM if you intended to see that show. It's a short boat ride over to the Boardwalk also. Either way enjoy, nothing's quite like Disney.