New England direction Niagara Falls

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

SwissParrotHeads
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris ;-)
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Papa's Pilar Rum

New England direction Niagara Falls

Post by SwissParrotHeads »

Hey all!

Irene and I start planning our summer vacation since we have a date for Great Woods now.

Plan is to fly to BOS June 17, flight back July 8 or 9.

Since we have seen Boston last year we plan to maybe drive north, Salem, Rockport, Plum Island and then New Hampshire / Maine and back down to Great Woods.

Now I checked the distance to the Niagaras, 400somewhat miles on the hwy. That sounds doable.
What I'm looking for is things to do and see between Cape Cod / RI and the Niagaras.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot, Irene and Mike
Paris, France, September 2010. Paris 2011. Paris 2012. 2013. 2015.
Mansfield MA, Great Woods June 18 2011. And June 2012. And 2013!
Jimmy in Key West, MOTM 2011. Unforgettable! And let's not talk about MOTM 2015 :wink:

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: New England direction Niagara Falls

Post by lime rickie »

SwissParrotHeads wrote:Hey all!

Irene and I start planning our summer vacation since we have a date for Great Woods now.

Since we have seen Boston last year we plan to maybe drive north, Salem, Rockport, Plum Island and then New Hampshire / Maine and back down to Great Woods.

Now I checked the distance to the Niagaras, 400somewhat miles on the hwy. That sounds doable.
What I'm looking for is things to do and see between Cape Cod / RI and the Niagaras.

Are you doing a Harley for any portion of your stay? If so, I can highly recommend the Kancamagus Highway in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Just a phenomenal place to ride and hike. Great places to camp and plenty of places to stay, affordable all the way to luxury. Near Lake Winnipesaukee, too. You could drive to NH, rent a bike from the Harley dealer there for a few days, and then continue driving on up to Niagara.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Darkavenger508
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Hhere
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by Darkavenger508 »

One suggestion I gave is to stay on the Canadian side. There's a lot more to do

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

SwissParrotHeads wrote:Hey all!

just get on 90 and keep going ..... Howe's cavern is pretty cool and in New York State , Baseball Hall of Fame is on the way....not much else between Albany and Buffalo

Darkavenger508
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Hhere
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by Darkavenger508 »

along with baseball HOF there's the basketball HOF as well.

bodypainter
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

One hour south of interstate 90 on the East side of Seneca lake are dozens of wineries leading to Watkins Glen.Waterfalls and a raceway are the other points of interest.
Niagra Falls is spectacular,but spend more time in New England.Old Ironsides in Boston,fisherman's memorial in Gloucester[ where Lee's Dinor has a great breakfast]whale watches and coastal sightseeing up through Rockport.
Maine is an hour away.At the North end of York beach is Cape Neddick with Nubble lighthouse.The Maine coast has great views but a lot of driving down the peninsulas to see them.We go straight to Acadia.On the loop road in the park find Sand beach.Park and walk the trail to Otter cliff.This is 1.5 miles of the most dramatic scenary on our coast.Eat a lobster at Beal's Lobster Pound in Southwest Harbor and then onto Bass Head lighthouse.Now head for the White Mountains.Have a great trip,Mike! Bill
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.

The Lost Manatee
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by The Lost Manatee »

Don't forget that most of the stuff to do at Niagara is on the Canadian side of the falls, so you will need your passport to take the Maiden of the Mist or do the hike behind the falls.
Captain Jack's Bar & Grill, Home to the Lost Manatee.

Livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.