Colorado 420 Tour

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Colorado 420 Tour

Post by catsway »

We have been invited to join some friends from Kansas City to meet them in Telluride, CO. July 10-13 for the The Ride Festival. While we are there, we are looking into doing a side trip after the music festival that would include a two night stay in Denver at the highly rated "Bud and Breakfast". While everything is not in stone yet, we would appreciate any feed back from anyone who has stayed in any of the marijuana friendly hotels or Bed and Breakfasts that are popping up all over the state. We are looking for something that is all inclusive and includes trips to dispensaries, providers and bars. Happy trails!
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

seminoledq
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Re: Colorado 420 Tour

Post by seminoledq »

You serious? I am from here and didn't even know those types of hotels were popping up. I should look to see if they have some for beer instead of pot.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

I live here, so I'd never go to a "Bud and Breakfast" for weed (and I don't really use it anyway), but it is definitely a booming tourism business for us. Those types of places give a legal locale for visitors to enjoy what Colorado has to offer. :D

Just like any hotel, read the reviews. Let me know if there is a part of town you're curious about and I will weigh in on locale, etc. for ya. Weed is pretty much everywhere here, and as long as you are not partaking in public (which is actually pretty common, also) or giving it to minors, it's a friendly place to partake.

I can't drive from work > home without smelling it on my commute. There's definitely a few grow hotspots that I pass along the way.

Just make sure you don't try and take any home with you. The airport and border states love to bust people for it.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

seminoledq wrote:You serious? I am from here and didn't even know those types of hotels were popping up. I should look to see if they have some for beer instead of pot.
We call those places "bars."

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Also, Telluride to Denver is really quite far. At least a day's drive. Would you be flying in/out of Denver?

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

buffettbride wrote:
seminoledq wrote:You serious? I am from here and didn't even know those types of hotels were popping up. I should look to see if they have some for beer instead of pot.
What a wonderful concept. Other places should look into this. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

buffettbride wrote:Also, Telluride to Denver is really quite far. At least a day's drive. Would you be flying in/out of Denver?
Our current itinerary is to fly from Florida to Montrose, CO., rent a car and then meet our friends in Telluride on July 9. We are sharing a condo for four nights during The Ride Festival. We will part ways and Cat and I will drive to Breckenridge for one night. From there we plan to drive to Denver where most of Colorado's dispensaries and providers are located. We have researched several 420 Tours but we keep coming back to Bud and Breakfast located at 1430 Race Street. http://www.adagiobb.com/ They provide all the marijuana as part of their rate. They also offer free transportation within Denver city limits so we aren't driving under the influence. Other opportunities include cooking classes using edibles, food pairings (more than a bag of chips), guided tours to providers (growers) and a "happy hour". After two nights in Denver, we will fly back to Florida.

We have both used marijuana for 40+ years. We both enjoy the many new strains of ganja that are now available. Flavors, aromas and buzzes vary from strain to strain. We only want to enjoy the freedom to try a few strains that we would rarely see in Florida legally. We don't know how long the Colorado experiment is going to continue without intervention from the Federal government or even from lawsuits from neighboring states. We want to see what it would actually be like to partake without breaking the law. Must be a cool feeling.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Heading out to Denver in May for Moody Blues concert at Red Rocks. Now you've got me rethinking my accommodation research!! :o :lol: Timothy Leary would be proud of the "Bud & Breakfast"!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

catsway wrote:
buffettbride wrote:Also, Telluride to Denver is really quite far. At least a day's drive. Would you be flying in/out of Denver?
Our current itinerary is to fly from Florida to Montrose, CO., rent a car and then meet our friends in Telluride on July 9. We are sharing a condo for four nights during The Ride Festival. We will part ways and Cat and I will drive to Breckenridge for one night. From there we plan to drive to Denver where most of Colorado's dispensaries and providers are located. We have researched several 420 Tours but we keep coming back to Bud and Breakfast located at 1430 Race Street. http://www.adagiobb.com/ They provide all the marijuana as part of their rate. They also offer free transportation within Denver city limits so we aren't driving under the influence. Other opportunities include cooking classes using edibles, food pairings (more than a bag of chips), guided tours to providers (growers) and a "happy hour". After two nights in Denver, we will fly back to Florida.

We have both used marijuana for 40+ years. We both enjoy the many new strains of ganja that are now available. Flavors, aromas and buzzes vary from strain to strain. We only want to enjoy the freedom to try a few strains that we would rarely see in Florida legally. We don't know how long the Colorado experiment is going to continue without intervention from the Federal government or even from lawsuits from neighboring states. We want to see what it would actually be like to partake without breaking the law. Must be a cool feeling.
You are going to have a great time here. :lol:

One other thing to be cautious about, and I glad you mentioned the "honeymoon" before the Feds get overly involved. Make sure you are not using it or possessing it on Federal land. Not an issue in Denver, but we have a ton of National Forest in and near much of where you are visiting outside of Denver. You will usually see signs like "Now entering Arapaho National Forest," but it's something to be aware of.

That sounds like quite the B&B. It's not super sketchy area, but it's not ultra nice either. You can walk a few blocks to Colfax and be near one of the coolest bookstores ever (The Tattered Cover) and some good restaurants (and tattoo shops). Also close by is our city park, which borders the zoo and natural history museum. The park is fun to just walk around and chill, too. It has a pond and paddle boats if you're interested.

There's a place called Pete's Kitchen that is walking distance from there. Total greasy spoon that is not too be missed, especially in your condition. You're not far at all from Downtown, so definitely take advantage of that included transportation. Not too far (but you'll want a ride) is a place called Ace, Eat, Serve. Food is so-so, but they have great drinks and a huge room where you can play ping pong. Similarly, we like a place called Punchbowl Social, also, which is kind of upscale, kitchy fun with shuffleboard, bowling, video games. Way classier and better food than something like Dave and Busters, and again, great drinks. :D It's a fave for hubby and me on date nights.

On your drive from Breckenridge to Denver, stop in Idaho Springs at Beau Jo's for some Colorado-style pizza.

If you are feeling extra adventurous and your transportation will allow for it, head up to Red Rocks (which is technically also the city of Denver, although a ways outside the city).

Have a great time and tell us all about it. :D I'm always curious how our state "shows" to visitors.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Dr.Corona wrote:Heading out to Denver in May for Moody Blues concert at Red Rocks. Now you've got me rethinking my accommodation research!! :o :lol: Timothy Leary would be proud of the "Bud & Breakfast"!
There's not a lot of hotels near Red Rocks. Have to get into Morrison or Golden for that (where you might find a Bud and Breakfast, also). So, if you are going to stay in the city (about 25 minutes from Red Rocks), be sure you have a sober driver or arranged transportation. (Look into https://www.car2go.com/en/denver/ or Uber/Lyft services).

Also, it rains in Colorado in May--so bring ponchos. They will play rain or shine.

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Also, just saying, legal weed is off the chain

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/16/ralphie-m ... led-video/

Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

buffettbride wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:Heading out to Denver in May for Moody Blues concert at Red Rocks. Now you've got me rethinking my accommodation research!! :o :lol: Timothy Leary would be proud of the "Bud & Breakfast"!
There's not a lot of hotels near Red Rocks. Have to get into Morrison or Golden for that (where you might find a Bud and Breakfast, also). So, if you are going to stay in the city (about 25 minutes from Red Rocks), be sure you have a sober driver or arranged transportation. (Look into https://www.car2go.com/en/denver/ or Uber/Lyft services).

Also, it rains in Colorado in May--so bring ponchos. They will play rain or shine.
Been checking up on some 2 bedroom places through VRBO in the Highland area around 32nd Ave. Would like to be either walking distance to Union Station & Downtown or at least somewhere where I can catch the Light Rail easily. Bummer to hear about May being rainy. Would put a damper on the walking about town.

Think I'm gonna pass on the Bud & Breakfast places. We're more the Brewpub kind of people (hence it would be nice to be near public transport). :D

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Dr.Corona wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

Been checking up on some 2 bedroom places through VRBO in the Highland area around 32nd Ave. Would like to be either walking distance to Union Station & Downtown or at least somewhere where I can catch the Light Rail easily. Bummer to hear about May being rainy. Would put a damper on the walking about town.

Think I'm gonna pass on the Bud & Breakfast places. We're more the Brewpub kind of people (hence it would be nice to be near public transport). :D
The Highlands won't really put you walking distance or light rail accessible (but it is a fabulous area and there are buses). Look at LoDo/LoHi, downtown, or uptown for that. There is a hotel at Union Station that's super fancy, but of course perfectly convenient.

seminoledq
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

LIPH wrote:
buffettbride wrote:
What a wonderful concept. Other places should look into this. :lol:
Ha! Smart A$$es. I'm talking about hotels that offer brewery tours and such like these places take you to dispensaries. Maybe they do exist. I don't leave my little town much. I prefer to drink where I can walk home from.

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

buffettbride wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
buffettbride wrote:

The Highlands won't really put you walking distance or light rail accessible (but it is a fabulous area and there are buses). Look at LoDo/LoHi, downtown, or uptown for that. There is a hotel at Union Station that's super fancy, but of course perfectly convenient.
From what I've been reading it's about a mile walk to get into Downtown. That is a bit of a stretch for just a casual walk to get there. Most of the prices I've come across are pretty high rent for me downtown. Am rethinking locations. Penny gave me some suggestions on places west of town near Lakewood that were real light rail accessible. May go back to that. Have come across some places in LoHi that looked promising. Decisions, decisions!

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Tentative itinerary has a day downtown....a day drive for natural scenery......concert day in & around Red Rocks..& maybe a brewpub tour kind of day. Have been down to Colorado Springs & visited Garden of the Gods, 7 Falls, along with Cripple Creek & Pikes Peak cog railway. Who knows, maybe I'll get the urge to "spark up" one day while I'm there! :lol:

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

If you have other non-downtown things go do, it probably isn't worth the money to try and stay there, when Lakewood makes downtown very accessible. Lakewood near Hampden/Wadsworth has a host of hotels to choose from and is about a 10 minute drive to a light rail station and is about the same to Red Rocks. The area itself is kind of bland and boring, but easy access to everything. I live right near there. Plus, if you have a car, there is ample free parking in the area, which can be kind of a pain (and expensive) the closer to downtown you get. Downtown is lovely, though, so definitely spend some time there. You can probably feel like you've seen all of downtown Denver in a day, though.

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Got a bead now on an apartment in Historic downtown Littleton right on Main St. Very affordable & close to light rail. Sounds real promising!

buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Downtown Littleton is great. Very charming. Cute stores and places to eat, and easy to get to after a concert at Red Rocks.

If you are extra adventurous, get off the light rail at 10th and Osage stop and eat at the Buckhorn Exchange: Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

buffettbride wrote:Downtown Littleton is great. Very charming. Cute stores and places to eat, and easy to get to after a concert at Red Rocks.

If you are extra adventurous, get off the light rail at 10th and Osage stop and eat at the Buckhorn Exchange: Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Do they taste like Chicken???? :lol:

P.S. Sorry I high-jacked your 420 thread Cat & Wayne.......... :oops:

You see what I did there??