Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Suggestions.....

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

pinacolada lover
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Too many to list!
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Don't Stop The Carnival

Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Suggestions.....

Post by pinacolada lover »

I've thought about a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I was wanting some suggestions for things to do while there. I didn't really want to go with the itinerary stuff, because it's expensive and was hoping for some input. Thanks! :D

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Suggestions.....

Post by Dr.Corona »

Have not done Grand Cayman but have done Cozumel on a cruise & been at all-inclusive across the water in Playa Del Carman.

Our cruise had us in Cozumel from approx. 9 am to 11 pm. When looking for cruises I try to get ones that maximize time in ports of call. Ferry boat can get you across to Playa Del Carman in a short amount of time if you want to hit the mainland.

We rented in car on the mainland in Playa & drove to see the Coba Ruins & the Tulum Ruins. After touring the Tulum Ruins hung out at the Tulum Beach for awhile. Those things were up our alley. Rental car was relatively cheap, of course I practically had to put my foot to floorboard to get the brakes to work & after parking forward into a space couldn't get the damn shifter back into reverse to back out so had to push the damn thing back, :lol: but that added to the charm & adventure of the trip.

Here is a great message board I used to help with questions if you do want hit the mainland out of Playa. http://www.playa.info/ I'm sure you can get Cozumel questions answered too.

There was a gal on there that used to post on Buffett News back in the day who was on the Playa board as well. Someone here may remember he name/handle on the Playa board.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

Rabbitz
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Did both on a Royal Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago.

At Grand Cayman we did "Stingray Alley" - a swim with stingrays. It was a good day. (It was also good to be in a country that drives on the correct side of the road!!)

Cozumel was spent bar hopping...
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

Our last visit to Grand Cayman included a trip to Stingray City, Grand Cayman Turtle Farm, over to Seven Mile Beach and then back to the tender area where we did some shopping and had a couple of cold ones at Margaritaville.

In Cozumel, which we've been to many times, we always end up at Paradise Beach to relax.

Google any of those places to learn more. Have fun!
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley