So Where is Everyone Going This Summer?

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

So Where is Everyone Going This Summer?

Post by Bucarader »

8)

I'll start it off. We are going to Cayman Brac on a diving trip this July. We will be staying at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort.

Of course, we live on the Gulf Coast in Texas so we will do many day trips to the beach on weekends as well.

How about y'all?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: So Where is Everyone Going This Summer?

Post by lime rickie »

Bucarader wrote:8)

I'll start it off. We are going to Cayman Brac on a diving trip this July. We will be staying at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort.

Of course, we live on the Gulf Coast in Texas so we will do many day trips to the beach on weekends as well.

How about y'all?
Nice.

Mostly Maine. NJ a couple of times for family stuff.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Huey44
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty, et al (hard to choose)
Number of Concerts: 55
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller or good KY Bourbon

Post by Huey44 »

Indy 500 Carb Day (Journey concert)
Surfside (Miami), FL (1 week vacation)
Buffett-Indianapolis (tickets secured)
Buffett-Chicago (highly likely possibility)
Buffett-Alpine (anxiously awaiting show date)
Buffett-Red Rocks (hopefully)
IN PARRTHD
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I live 5 minutes from the beach, I don't have to go anywhere.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Pittsburgh and Jones Beach ...
Last edited by sistergoldenhair on February 27, 2016 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I feel so inadequate......

so far: Pittsburgh to see JB
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

I think Huey has us all beat. Now that's what you call a "Buffett Summer!" [smilie=coolup.gif]
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

Saltx3 wrote:I feel so inadequate......

so far: Pittsburgh to see JB

I feel more so....ummmm ahhhh, maybe camping over the 4th? The only set plans we have now are camping 7 miles away for Memorial Day and Labor Day. The rest of the summer is TBA....I would love to go see Buffett somewhere where BN folk will be but the timing hasn't been right. "Someday I will."
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

"Sour" Beer Festival in Indianapolis Indiana. That's right boys & girls, I can see you all hopping on the Jealousy Train! 8) :pirate:

Having said that, trying to go somewhere where Spirit Airlines flies so I can use my limited Miles once and for all. Hoping to swing a May trip. Candidates are, Myrtle Beach, Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, N'awlins, Houston, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, Baltimore, Kansas City. As mentioned this is a May trip so hoping the destination guarantees 70+ degree weather.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Galveston (flying into Houston IAH) is about an hour and a half drive. Galveston can be nice in May and you can get some decent rates before school lets out. It won't be a 100 degrees and balmy yet in May. While there are much nicer beaches in Texas in Port Aransas and South Padre Island, Galveston has a lot to do.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Bucarader wrote:Galveston (flying into Houston IAH) is about an hour and a half drive. Galveston can be nice in May and you can get some decent rates before school lets out. It won't be a 100 degrees and balmy yet in May. While there are much nicer beaches in Texas in Port Aransas and South Padre Island, Galveston has a lot to do.
Was kinda browsing that. Read some good & not so good comments about Galveston beaches on Trip Advisor. South Padre looks like quite a drive....thanks Buc 8)
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Dr.Corona wrote:"Sour" Beer Festival in Indianapolis Indiana. That's right boys & girls, I can see you all hopping on the Jealousy Train! 8) :pirate:

Having said that, trying to go somewhere where Spirit Airlines flies so I can use my limited Miles once and for all. Hoping to swing a May trip. Candidates are, Myrtle Beach, Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, N'awlins, Houston, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, Baltimore, Kansas City. As mentioned this is a May trip so hoping the destination guarantees 70+ degree weather.
May isn't a good month to be in Myrtle Beach. Early in the month we have Bike Week (it actually lasts 10 days) and Memorial Day weekend is Bike Fest. Thousands of people on bikes, more traffic than we ever have here, noise. All the bars and restaurants are packed. Maybe that's your thing, just giving a heads up in case it isn't.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Well, Mrs Rabz and I will be sitting under a palm tree drinking rum in the Cook Islands, only it will be our winter getaway.

Awful, awful place. I don't know why we bother...

http://sale.cookislands.travel/

http://www.edgewater.co.ck/
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Dr.Corona wrote:
Bucarader wrote:Galveston (flying into Houston IAH) is about an hour and a half drive. Galveston can be nice in May and you can get some decent rates before school lets out. It won't be a 100 degrees and balmy yet in May. While there are much nicer beaches in Texas in Port Aransas and South Padre Island, Galveston has a lot to do.
Was kinda browsing that. Read some good & not so good comments about Galveston beaches on Trip Advisor. South Padre looks like quite a drive....thanks Buc 8)
You are correct: Galveston's beaches are nothing special. However there are some really nice hotels and a district called "The Strand" that is a little like the French Quarter in NOLA. Galveston has good restaurants and some old and historic architecture. And you may even get lucky and the water be green and clear early this year, making the beaches nicer. There is also an aquarium and botanical gardens called "Moody Gardens" that is worth a visit.

SPI is a 6 hour drive from Houston IAH.
orangebowlqueen
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks

Post by orangebowlqueen »

Bucarader wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
You are correct: Galveston's beaches are nothing special. However there are some really nice hotels and a district called "The Strand" that is a little like the French Quarter in NOLA. Galveston has good restaurants and some old and historic architecture. And you may even get lucky and the water be green and clear early this year, making the beaches nicer. There is also an aquarium and botanical gardens called "Moody Gardens" that is worth a visit.

SPI is a 6 hour drive from Houston IAH.
If you're a reader, I recommend reading "Isaac's Storm" which is a gripping nonfiction account of the 1900 Galveston hurricane. It's then a lot of fun to walk through the city, especially along The Strand or near the beach and recognize landmarks from the book. Like a total dork, I brought my copy with me, and cross referenced the map in the book as I walked. Like "oh, this is where the Pagoda Bathhouse was" or "this is where the debris wall settled." Beyond just being disaster p***, it's got a lot of history in it, and it gives you a good feel for the context of the city....what it was, what it could have been.
seminoledq
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

We are headed to Key West for a week in August for our family vacation. Up until that we will be at the ball field watching high school baseball all summer. As for concerts we'll be at the Vegas show and Denver if he comes back this year.
STL Parrot
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with Rum

Post by STL Parrot »

Did a 7 day cruise to the Virgin Islands at the beginning of February with my wife. This summer's family vacation is a trip to Colorado. It will be our first visit.
Huey44
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty, et al (hard to choose)
Number of Concerts: 55
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller or good KY Bourbon

Post by Huey44 »

Be ready for some warm weather in KW in Aug. Did that a couple years ago, about 85 each morning when we woke up, but well worth it. If your hanging out at ball fields I'm sure you're use to the heat. Been there, done that, for many years of playing & coaching softball. Have fun, I'm a little jealous.
IN PARRTHD
seminoledq
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

Yea it will be plenty warm but we don't mind the heat. We will be in or near the water the majority of the time. We'll do a snorkel trip, a fishing trip and enjoy plenty of pool time at the condo. Plus we like to go for the street fair that is part of Lobsterfest. It's a great time.