Updated!: Give me Honeymoon ideas for june? Tortula-BVI (worth it)?

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Updated!: Give me Honeymoon ideas for june? Tortula-BVI (worth it)?

Post by msu#1 »

I need to come up with a good honeymoon idea soon. Planning on getting married in June. Im at a loss? She is worried about zika. Saw some good things and bad about bermuda????? Any opinions or ideas of places that I should look at?

UPDATE:!!!! So bermuda seems out, however i think the virgin islands are back in. Anyone have experience with any of the Marriott affliasted hotels in the us or british islands??

I could use my reward points for hotels in st kitts, St thomas, or on Scrub Island-tortula. I see 50/50 reviews for these on tripadvisors and I dont know who to believe. The Scrub Island looks really nice but has bad service reviews. St thomas frenchman marriott(hotel not the timeshare one) has good service reviews but terrible hotel reviews( people say its way out of date and dirty)

Anyone?
Last edited by msu#1 on April 5, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Re: Give me Honeymoon ideas for june? Bermuda (worth it)?

Post by sistergoldenhair »

I have been to Bermuda three times. The first was for my honeymoon (35 years ago, LOL!) The last time was ten years ago. It is a beautiful place. The beaches on the south shore are fabulous. Every encounter I have had with islanders has been friendly and pleasant, and that includes the locals on a "local" beach during a holiday weekend when lots of Bermudians were picnicking. Just lovely people. It is a bit pricier than some islands. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

I have no ideas, but congratulations on your upcoming marriage. :D

Debbie
Harbour Shark
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos

Post by Harbour Shark »

My job took me to Bermuda three times back in the 1980s and I really hope to make it back there for a vacation some day. It is a very unique and beautiful place with the most incredible turquoise coloured water I have ever seen anywhere - I highly recommend it!
“I have even in recent years... adapted to the colder waters of Long Island in the fall… Either that, or the older I get, the more I am getting in touch with my Newfoundland genetic heritage.” – Jimmy Buffett, Outer Banks Diary, Part 2
"There's a lot of Goofy Newfie in me" - JB 13/10/2017
seminoledq
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

Are you asking if Bermuda is worth it or if getting married is worth it?
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Lol yeah I should've worded that better.....meant Bermuda.

I read that it was really expensive but a good choice for the islands in June with no zika virus yet and less chance of a hurricane. Truth?
Just wondering if there was some other place that's similar that would beba good alternative....nice beaches , fun times and not bank breaking.

My first choice was to go to Clearwater and meet winter the dolphin from dolphin tale and then take the ferry to key west but they haven't wrote back yet that they have booked UA and we are less than two months away.

PS thanks for the congratulations.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist