Top Ten Things to Bring to a Buffett Tailgate Party

Contribute to a Top Ten list

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Post by Guest »

Posted By PhillyPhin
for merriweather you need an invitation to a good preshow party

an item that went over well that many didn't have was a watermelon (or 4) ... cut some the day before the show and soak in rum .. the rest serve fresh cut .. people will flock around and give beers and trade for a bite on a nice hot day

can agree a 100% with the other stuff ... hope to see y'all in camden again

Post by Guest »

Posted By Ginger
1)Margarita Mix & Tequila & Captain Morgan
2)Corona & lime
3)Grass Skirts & Coconut Bra
4)Shark on the roof
5)Parrot stirs,napkins,plates
6)Giant Margarita Glass
7)Leis to pass out
8)Grill to cook your cheeseburgers
9)Lots of friends to share the great party
10)And most important a camera to see all the
things you missed while in margaritaville.

Post by Guest »

Posted By Ginger
1)Margarita Mix & Tequila & Captain Morgan
2)Corona & lime
3)Grass Skirts & Coconut Bra
4)Shark on the roof
5)Parrot stirs,napkins,plates
6)Giant Margarita Glass
7)Leis to pass out
8)Grill to cook your cheeseburgers
9)Lots of friends to share the great party
10)And most important a camera to see all the
things you missed while in margaritaville.

Jimmy See You At Nissan IN Virginia

Post by Guest »

Posted By MELODY MCCRAY
10.SALT
9.MARGARTAVILLE TEQUILA
8.ORANGE CURACAO
7.MARGARITA CUPS (PLASTIC OF COURSE!!!)
6.CORONA AND AS EARLIER STATED A BOTTLE OPENER
5.GRASS SKIRT
4.COCONUT BRA
3.FINS
2.VARIOUS PARTY FAVORS
THE NUMBER ONE THINGS TO BRING TO A BUFFETT TAILGATE PARTY ARE YOUR DANCING SHOES AND YOUR PARTY HAT, BECAUSE THINGS CAN GET PRETTY WILD

Post by Guest »

Posted By sealpup121
Parrotheads? is it just me, or does anyone else need THROAT LOZENGES for losing my voice after and during a concert?

Post by Guest »

Posted By fins2left
1) My coconut bra (and a Hawaiin dress to wear under them because I fill them up and then some)
2) Kabobs to cook on the grill
3) A small inflatable pool to fill up with Corona and Malibu Rum
4) My Parrothead koozies
5) A camera with lots and lots of film
6) JB CD's
7) Decorations for your car and tailgating area (I used to have this incense candle that we staked in the ground in the shape of a parrot - it was awesome!)
8) Nerf football to throw around
9) Phriends
10) And of course my honey!

Post by Guest »

Posted By Craiger
Here's my top ten. I've left out the obvious ones (food, booze, decorations), and stuck to the items that I make sure go into my trunk BEFORE all the fun goodies...

1) Pocketknife. Better yet, one of those multi-tool combo/pliers thingies. Makes cutting down all the decorations you hung up at the beginning of the tailgate much easier.

2) Bottle opener. Hell, bring two or three just to be on the safe side. Tie one onto a shoelace and hang it around your neck so you don't lose it. Give everyone in your group one and make THEM tie it to themselves somehow. There's nothing sadder/funnier than that one bunch of people we've all seen standing around holding unopened beers with that lost, embarrassed look on their faces. Don't be those people.

3) Toilet paper. Trust me. Every female in the parking lot will be your best friend. If you want a sure-fire way to meet women, find some way to incorporate T.P. dispensers into your costume somehow and just walk up and down the aisles with several rolls at the ready. I've discovered there's almost nothing women hate more than using porta-johns, and having T.P. available for them just makes their day. Who said chivalry is dead?

4) Camera (video or otherwise). You will definitely want some documentation of the parking lot antics, since you most likely won't remember much of them anyway.

5) Trash bags. PLEASE bring a handful of these along. It takes only a few moments to clean your area up. Besides, it scores points with the arena crew, makes Parrotheads look good, and keeps us revelers from tripping over/falling on/driving through all that glass.

6) Chairs. Again, it's obvious, but after standing and walking around in the summer sun drinking for hours and hours, a simple lawn chair is a blessing. Just don't try to take 'em into the show with you.

7) Water. This is the most important item on the list! The water jug is the biggest container we bring. Summer heat + booze = a bad situation without adequate water. Don't assume some will be available at the show. Make this the first thing you put into the car.

8) Snap hook keychain thingie. I'm real paranoid about my keys falling out of my pocket, especially when I've got several margaritas under my belt and I'm playing twister. Use one of these so your keys don't leave you unless you want 'em to. Better yet, just give your keys to the DD.

9) Sunglasses. I know we all have seventeen pairs stashed all over the place, but take a minute to make sure one of those pairs actually makes it to the show with you. nothing kills a buzz faster than squinting for six hours.

10) Leis. Do a little comparison shopping at party supply places and get as many of the cheap plastic kind as you can afford. I've seen them as cheap as 12 cents each if you buy a few dozen. A couple hundred will fit in a medium-sized duffle bag. Walk around the parking lot handing them out to anyone who is lei-less. Swap 'em for other neat goodies (shots, beer, food, etc.). See if you can get anyone to flash you for one (it's happened many times)! These things are just like currency at all the tailgates I've been to. Well worth the investment.

Happy Tailgating, and I'll see you at the Pittsburgh show!

-Craiger
seattlepalm
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by seattlepalm »

Tickets to show
Wooden parrot for all your "newfound" parrot head phriends to sign as a concert momento for yourself
Gas powered blender
Ice
Tequila (you pick your favorite)
Margarita Mix
LIMES
Corona
Bottle opener
Small grill, charcoal, lighter
Ground beef for burgers
Lettuce
Tomato
Heinz 57
French fried potatoes (optional)
Big Kosher pickles
Vehicle decorates like shark when
Inflatable palm trees
Inflatable shark
Volcano paper mache for your tail-gate area
Leis
Grass skirts
Aloha shirts
Beach chairs
and Im sure ive forgotten to list something that my tail gate group has brought!!!

Post by Guest »

The best thing to bring are beads from Mardi Gras.... You will not believe the amount of woman that will bare it all for your beads. And of course a empty milk container to relieve yourself in.. Men only... I guess I would like to see if a woman can do it too...
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

Mardi Gras beads, yet another very useful item for tailgate parties!

Just when you thought that the list was complete....
BAJABOOTY
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

PHRIENDLY REMINDER

Post by BAJABOOTY »

I think this should be at the top always,,Kind of funny too :lol: Plus with all the concerts coming up in the next few weeks,,,
just a Phriendly reminder
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Re: Top Ten Things to Bring to a Buffett Tailgate Party

Post by surfpirate »

Bump. With all the old threads suddenly finding new life (gee, there was controversy and discussion about Jimmy's concert venue choices YEARS ago ... who knew?), I thought I'd get into the act. This was the oldest one I could find. :-)
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |