Top Ten Signs You're a Parrothead

Contribute to a Top Ten list

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Post by Guest »

Posted By MINISTEROFMARGARITA
RICH-
YOU'RE EITHER MY SOUL MATE OR KNOW ME VERY WELL FROM A DISTANCE. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE FIT ME TO A TEE! ESPECIALLY NUMBERS 2, 6, 9, & 10.
MY NEXT MARGARITA AND CORONA WILL BE FOR YOU!

Post by Guest »

Posted By Mohter0shn
When your grown children AND your parents know all the words to JB's songs - or maybe it's when your parents KNOW that we are the people they warned us about!

Post by Guest »

Posted By browknee
You have a 25 disc cd player and you still don't have enough room for all of the Jimmy Buffett cd's

Post by Guest »

Posted By PARR8HEAD
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A PARROTHEAD WHEN:
10:YOUR GRANDAUGHTER (11) IS UPSET THAT JB IS COMING IN APRIL, SO SHE WON'T BE GETTING TICKETS FOR HER BIRTHDAY IN OCTOBER.
9:CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SURROUND THE LIVING RM, KITCHEN AND FAMILY ROOM YEAR ROUND.
8:YOU ONLY HAVE BUFFETT TUNES IN THE JUKEBOX IN THE LIVING ROOM.
7:THE STAR ON TOP OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE IS A REAL STAR FISH AND ORNAMENTS ARE SMALL STARFISH AND SEAHORSES AND PARROTS.
6:DOOR TO DOOR SALESMEN AND NEIGHBORHOOD CHILDREN ASK TO COME IN AND LOOK AT THE DECOR IN YOUR HOUSE
5:YOU KNOCK OUT A WALL BETWEEN THE KITCHEN AND LIVING ROOM AND MAKE A BAR WITH PALM FRONDS FOR THE TOP.
4:YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE ONLY WEAR FLOWERED CLOTHES, NO ONE WOULD RECOGNIZE US WITHOUT THEM.
3:JOSE CUERVO (MARGARITAVILLE NOW) IS A GOOD FRIEND
2:YOU GO TO CABO SAN LUCAS WHEN HURRICANE LINDA IS COMING AND MEET OTHER PARROTHEADS WHILE HAVING A HURRICANE PARTY IN THE BAR.
1:YOU HAVE TO UN-DECORATE YOUR HOUSE SO YOU CAN TAKE THE STUFF TO THE TAILGATE PARTY BEFORE THE CONCERT.

Post by Guest »

Posted By HarleyGal
1. Your 8-year-old daughter can sing harmony to any JB song on any CD.
2. You have a closet full of bolts of fabric with parrots all over them and you don't know how to sew anything.
3. You collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments and email the artists at Hallmark regularly to beg them for a parrot ornament.
4. You have 17 Christmas trees, and one of them is totally dedicated to a tropical theme with palm trees, parrots, sharks, etc.
5. Every t-shirt you own has "Margaritaville" somewhere on it.
6. You try to justify to your non-PH hubby the $1,500 hot air balloon in the shape of a shark that you just purchased to use in the boat parade at the lake for one hour each summer.
7. The bouncer at the JB concert makes you deflate your 7' inflatable shark before going in, and you nearly pass out trying to re-inflate it as soon as you're in.
8. You cry when your co-worker returns from a Florida vacation and says "I went to Margaritaville and it didn't occur to me to pick you up anything until after we'd left."
9. You've been in a state of depression ever since you didn't go to the county fair 5 years ago to see some oldies group and the next day found out that Jimmy made a surprise appearance and sang 3 songs.
10. You find a new Parrothead site that you love and feel like the happiest person on earth!

Post by Guest »

Posted By winoUknow
HarleyGal:
I shared your excitement when I discovered the site a while back as well. I can tell it's going to be fun having you on ship. Welcome aboard.

Also, a sign that you're a parrothead is when you tell your girlfriend that the gang is getting together this weekend to start planning for the show and also to 'bring out' all the buffett music and she says "what have you been doing for the last 6 months"

Post by Guest »

Posted By ohio
HarleyGal: great list! ^^'s up!! Wino: Has she seen you in a grass skirt yet? ;)

Post by Guest »

Posted By winoUknow
I think that would put her over the edge. I'm trying to ease her into the madness. She's a virgin but I have her going twice this summer, Alpine and Tinley. I think I scared the last one away last summer! You people are all to blame!! (thank you)

Post by Guest »

Posted By the real top 10
1) you don't post your childs welfare on a public
post board
2)you do not bring up your lame plans for a
parrothead club in some wacky state (ie:idaho)
3)you keep your sexual preference and diseases to
yourself (lisa)
4)you post only when important and don't spend all
night checking peoples post numbers
5)you do noy complain like a girl
6)you avoid bringing up your past tailgate stories
from 1988.
7)you spend time with family and work, while not
wasting time talking to idiots who you don't know
8)you laugh at phake fans who idiolize jimmy
buffett
9)you reply to posts only to remind the low-lifes
of their minimal intelligence
10)you make fun of what the people look like who
really have time to kill on this
site........

Post by Guest »

Posted By Brent
When you consider your Buffett cd's your most prized possesion and treat them with the upmost respect.

Post by Guest »

Posted By sonofabeach
you know you're a Parrothead when every time you go to a buffet to eat,the first thing you think of when you see the sign is Jimmy Buffett

Post by Guest »

Posted By capt.toni
Amen

Post by Guest »

Posted By PGHPIRATE
HARLEYGAL: IN OTHER WORDS, YOU HAVE FOUND YOU A HOME!!!!! I FELT THE SAME WAY WHEN I FOUND THIS SITE LAST WINTER, I THOUGHT I FOUND A LONG LOST FAMILY!!!!

REAL TOP 10: IN OTHER WORDS, YOU'RE JUST LIKE US WITH TIME TO KILL ON THIS SITE. BTW, WHAT'S A NOY?

Post by Guest »

Posted By lisa davis
Real Top 10:
Your mom was so good I decided to sleep with your sister next...Hope that they had those Hepatitis B vaccines....
Ouch, had to do that...must be the cheep beer talkin'
PEACE

Post by Guest »

Posted By PGHPIRATE
LISA:

DISREGARD MY ONE POST TO YOU ABOUT BARTENDING IN IOWA, I JUST SAW THAT YOU WANT TO CATER IT!!!! DON'T THINK THAT'LL BE A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF US....BUT COULD WE JUST HAVE REGULAR PICNIC FOOD???? I'M JUST A SIMPLE GIRL AND DON'T GO FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR EVERYDAY AVERAGE PICNICKIN FOOD...THANKS, LOUISE/FLO

Post by Guest »

Posted By ohio
LisaD.: You a bad girl! (don't change an iota!) The beer's on me when you stroll in here today! ^^'s up!

Post by Guest »

Posted By sonofabeach
You know you're a Parrothead when you see someone wearing one of those shirts or bracelets with
WWJD on it and you think it means
WHAT WOULD JIMMY DO

Post by Guest »

Posted By GaBuffettFan
SON -
ROFL & LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

Posted By capt.toni
sonofabeach,
That IS what it means, isn't it?

Post by Guest »

Posted By Anonymous
When you have four 6 foot tall palm trees pinned up in your cube at work. You have Jimmy for president bumper stickers in your cube. When your company president dedicates Volcano to you at the company christmas party. When you get a tattoo of a lizard.