Top Ten Buffett Quotes

Contribute to a Top Ten list

Moderators: phjrsaunt, SMLCHNG

Jolly-Mon
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: January 30, 2003 9:10 am
Number of Concerts: 0

favorite qoutes

Postby Jolly-Mon » January 30, 2003 9:32 am

Okay, here are more favorite quotes from Bubba:

"With a little love and luck, you WILL get by."
"Were you born an a$$hole, or have you been one your whole life?"
"I must confess, I can use some rest...I can't run at this pace very long."
"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."
"My name is Frank Bama and I fly boats."
"I have the best summer job in the world, all thanks to you Parrotheads."
"There's a little bit of fruitcakes left in every one of us."
"We are the people our parents warned us about."
"Count all your blessings and remember your dreams."
"I'm the king...like every man should be."-King of Somewhere Hot
"You got to go by Kinja rules, forget about those things you learned in school." :pirate:

mh65fm
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 240
Joined: February 5, 2003 6:47 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito
Location: Gainesville, FL

Postby mh65fm » February 8, 2003 12:27 am

Not many off Far Side of the World so here are a few of my favorites from it...
-"So as I make my move on the big board game, up and down this spanish highway some things remain the same. Girls meet boys and boys tease girls. I'm heading out this morning for the far side of the world."
-"Tonight I just need my guitar."
-"So whatever thrills you, Anything you love to do, Just say someday I will." (Actually this whole song)
-"But the last man standing was saying 'bring on just a little bit more."
and a few others...
-"Is it the answer or just a suggestion, Is love what we truly want or merely a protection, Is this music made to last or crumble like a shell,
Is there heaven here on earth or is this really hell?"
-"Somebody's got to raise some hell, it might as well be me."
-"I've had good days and bad days And going half mad days, I try to let go but you're still on my mind, I've lost all the old ways, I'm searching for new plays, Putting it all on the line."

and just about anything else he says.
If I had it all to do over again, I'd just get myself drunk and I'd jump right back in...

User avatar
pirateforty
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: March 15, 2003 4:27 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: s.carolina
Contact:

Postby pirateforty » March 15, 2003 5:04 pm

My personal favorite...

Standing at the corner of walk & don't walk, somewhere on U.S. 1 :pirate: :pirate:
....standing at the corner of walk and don't walk, somewhere on U.S. 1....

User avatar
Banana Wind
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 268
Joined: September 16, 2002 7:30 pm

Postby Banana Wind » March 15, 2003 9:41 pm

"You say life isn't fair; hey, I don't know and I don't care."

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me."

"Have a very fruitful day."

"I'd rather be at home with you than watching Tom Snyder on TV."

"You write the big checks, but I pay your bills. Now somebody's got to tell you about overkill."

"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."

"Nothing can tear you apart if you keep living straight from the heart."

"There's no free ride in this carnival world."

"I pushed the fool button."

"Count all your blessings, remember your dreams."
"In the morning when you rise, aren't you glad to be alive?"

User avatar
Fruitcake14
Here We Are
Posts: 9790
Joined: September 11, 2003 1:58 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito
Location: On the coast of somewhere beautiful...NH
Contact:

Postby Fruitcake14 » October 29, 2003 11:11 pm

Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been... :D
~*~Life is better barefoot~*~

ImageImage

User avatar
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8882
Joined: June 25, 2003 2:29 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: 22 miles from the nearest traffic light
Contact:

Postby rednekkPH » December 5, 2003 3:11 pm

"Now if I can just remember the f***ing words, we'll be ok"

-Jimmy Buffett in the midst of a senior moment - August 19, 2003 Pittsburgh, PA
Image

User avatar
thetacoman
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 222
Joined: June 27, 2003 5:04 pm
Number of Concerts: 13
Location: VEGAS
Contact:

Postby thetacoman » December 5, 2003 4:45 pm

I've seen more than I can recall...

:pirate:
"Livin on Things that Excite Me"
Image

aquaholic
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5366
Joined: June 16, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Lake Lanier,GA

Postby aquaholic » December 18, 2003 11:16 am

I come from where the rivers meet the sea............and I do
MIAMI NATIVE

User avatar
kevin993
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 90
Joined: June 23, 2004 5:51 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Contact:

Postby kevin993 » July 26, 2004 6:34 pm

"Only time will tell if it was time well spent."
-Kevin

"Only time will tell if it was time well spent.."

Last Mango in PA
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 32
Joined: August 5, 2004 1:13 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: too far from the ocean

Postby Last Mango in PA » August 6, 2004 10:54 am

"I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead"

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane"

"I just want to live happily ever after, ever now and then"

...and my newest favorite from LTC...

"Tears and miles and years and smiles, I wanna get it right"
"Some people never find it. Some only pretend but me, I just wanna live happily ever after, every now and then."

User avatar
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53939
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Postby RinglingRingling » August 6, 2004 12:12 pm

rednekkPH wrote:"Now if I can just remember the f***ing words, we'll be ok"

-Jimmy Buffett in the midst of a senior moment - August 19, 2003 Pittsburgh, PA


"I love playing in OH. If I have a senior moment, y'all will just sing words anyway" - CMH show, 2004

User avatar
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53939
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Re: favorite qoutes

Postby RinglingRingling » August 6, 2004 12:13 pm

Jolly-Mon wrote:Okay, here are more favorite quotes from Bubba:

"With a little love and luck, you WILL get by."
"Were you born an a$$hole, or have you been one your whole life?"
"I must confess, I can use some rest...I can't run at this pace very long."
"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."
"My name is Frank Bama and I fly boats."
"I have the best summer job in the world, all thanks to you Parrotheads."
"There's a little bit of fruitcakes left in every one of us."
"We are the people our parents warned us about."
"Count all your blessings and remember your dreams."
"I'm the king...like every man should be."-King of Somewhere Hot
"You got to go by Kinja rules, forget about those things you learned in school." :pirate:


Not Buffett, but often attributed to him.

Blue Dynamo
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 82
Joined: July 9, 2003 3:42 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wyoming
Contact:

Re: favorite qoutes

Postby Blue Dynamo » August 6, 2004 1:48 pm

RinglingRingling wrote:
Jolly-Mon wrote:Okay, here are more favorite quotes from Bubba:

"With a little love and luck, you WILL get by."
"Were you born an a$$hole, or have you been one your whole life?"
"I must confess, I can use some rest...I can't run at this pace very long."
"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."
"My name is Frank Bama and I fly boats."
"I have the best summer job in the world, all thanks to you Parrotheads."
"There's a little bit of fruitcakes left in every one of us."
"We are the people our parents warned us about."
"Count all your blessings and remember your dreams."
"I'm the king...like every man should be."-King of Somewhere Hot
"You got to go by Kinja rules, forget about those things you learned in school." :pirate:


Not Buffett, but often attributed to him.


I've often wondered who sings that. I have an mp3 of it with Buffett listed as the artist, and you know how accurate that usually is. So who the heck is it? It sounds like him...
Gotta Caribbean soul I can barely control...

User avatar
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53939
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Re: favorite qoutes

Postby RinglingRingling » August 6, 2004 6:28 pm

Blue Dynamo wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Jolly-Mon wrote:Okay, here are more favorite quotes from Bubba:

"With a little love and luck, you WILL get by."
"Were you born an a$$hole, or have you been one your whole life?"
"I must confess, I can use some rest...I can't run at this pace very long."
"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."
"My name is Frank Bama and I fly boats."
"I have the best summer job in the world, all thanks to you Parrotheads."
"There's a little bit of fruitcakes left in every one of us."
"We are the people our parents warned us about."
"Count all your blessings and remember your dreams."
"I'm the king...like every man should be."-King of Somewhere Hot
"You got to go by Kinja rules, forget about those things you learned in school." :pirate:


Not Buffett, but often attributed to him.


I've often wondered who sings that. I have an mp3 of it with Buffett listed as the artist, and you know how accurate that usually is. So who the heck is it? It sounds like him...


I think it is Austin Campbell. The Mac song, "The Ass and the Hole" is probably where the confusion gets started.

User avatar
El mojito
License to Chill
Posts: 1489
Joined: December 17, 2003 4:42 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Catalina Island

Postby El mojito » August 6, 2004 6:36 pm

Life is just a tire swing
"Life is just a tire swing" for Sophie
ImageImage

User avatar
El mojito
License to Chill
Posts: 1489
Joined: December 17, 2003 4:42 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Catalina Island

Postby El mojito » August 6, 2004 6:39 pm

"I just shot 6 holes in the freezer it must be cabin fever"
"Life is just a tire swing" for Sophie

ImageImage

User avatar
Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5752
Joined: January 14, 2004 6:21 pm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it
Contact:

Postby Dutch Harbor PH » October 6, 2004 2:48 am

Some folks say that I've got the perfect life
3 swell kids, lots of toys and a lovely wife
I fly, I sail, I throw caution to the wind
Drift like a stratus cloud above the Caribbean

Watched the men who rode you switch from sails to steam
And in your belly you hold the treasures few have ever seen

Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder

Haul the sheet in as we ride on the wind
That our forefathers harnessed before us
Hear the bells ring as the tight rigging sings
It's a son of a gun of a chorus

The sea's in my veins, my tradition remains
I'm just glad I don't live in a trailer


And on and on.....
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
Image

User avatar
UABBlazer
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: November 15, 2004 5:04 pm

My new favorite

Postby UABBlazer » November 15, 2004 5:10 pm

I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
It's that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go

User avatar
East Texas Parrothead
Last Man Standing
Posts: 35359
Joined: April 4, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tonight I Just Need My Guitar *and* Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito
Location: In the newsroom
Contact:

Postby East Texas Parrothead » November 15, 2004 6:59 pm

A phew more than ten, but it's hard to narrow them down.

Don't need to feel important or famous.
No limos or my little Nash car.
One lucky man, with my feet in the sand . . .
Tonight I just need my guitar.

Down on the beach, where the seagulls preach, is where the Chinese buried the truth.

It's a semi-true story, believe it or not.

The sound of the weather is heaven's rag time band.

I don't want to swim in a roped off sea.

Send you off to college
Try to gain a little knowledge.
And all you wanna do is
LEARN HOW TO SCORE.

Good times and riches
And son of a bitches.
I've seen more than I can recall.

So bless me, Father, for I have sinned.
Given the chance, I'd probably do it again.

Give me oyster and beer,
For dinner every day of the year
And I'll be fine.

And PH**k all those West Nashville grand ballroom gowns.

And what became of sweet Melissa
And the boy nobody knew?
Did Ricardo ever find her?
I swear it's just between me and you.

It's in the mood, it's in the blood.
It's in the food, it's in the mud.
It's a spicy kind of life
Creola.
It's in the mood, it's in the blood.
It's in the food, it's in the mud.
Creola, Creola, Creola for me.
Gentilly ... 42 years is a long time to wait .... a Northeast Texas woman can hope.
My love is an anchor tied to you, tied with a silver chain.

Jackfins77
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 7
Joined: March 16, 2005 11:51 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Contact:

Postby Jackfins77 » March 17, 2005 2:53 pm

1. it's a jungle out there kiddies have a very fruitful day - Fruitcakes
2. Anwers are the easy part questions raise the doubt - off to see the lizard
3. I love cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf - We are the people
4. Lets all take our clothes off and form a conga line! - Gypsies in the palace
5. Just to put a little distance between causes and effects like a day old fortune cookie asking who or what comes next - Somewhere over China.
6. Life and ink they run out the same time or says my old friend the squid. - If I could just get on paper.
7. Take it all in it's as big as it seems count all your blessings remember your dreams - Jimmy Dreams
8. Meanwhile wait a minute..whats that thing I see? It's a good lookin blonde with a bottle of scotch and she wants to go home with me - Big Rig
9. We've got a style, we've got a look, we've got that old panache!" - Everybodys got a cousin in Miami.
10. If it doesn't work out there'll never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain. - The weather is here I wish you were beautiful
Ryan


Return to “Top Ten List”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest