What parrotheads are coming to Columbia?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 32

What parrotheads are coming to Columbia?

Post by PHnSC »

I was just wondering how many people on this board will be in Columbia this year for the show. I met a lot of people last year from out of town and had lots of fun. I hope to meet many more this year. Great to see the show sold out again. Fins up April 29th!! :lol: [/quote]

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by AtlantaGal »

I'm coming. This will be my 30th JB show. I haven't seen him since 2001 because of financial reasons. So I'm really, really looking forward to it!

How's the Holiday Inn Columbia, City Center @ USC? That's where we'll be staying :)

carnellm
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Me!

Post by carnellm »

I will be coming up from Charleston. Usually a good number of people from the Lowcountry make the drive up. 8)

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by PHnSC »

AtlantaGal wrote:I'm coming. This will be my 30th JB show. I haven't seen him since 2001 because of financial reasons. So I'm really, really looking forward to it!

How's the Holiday Inn Columbia, City Center @ USC? That's where we'll be staying :)
Glad to hear your able to make the trip. The Holiday Inn is a nice hotel. Its directly across from the Colonial Center. In the heart of downtown. that is where majority of visiting football fans stay during college football season.

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home

Post by AtlantaGal »

PHnSC wrote:
AtlantaGal wrote:I'm coming. This will be my 30th JB show. I haven't seen him since 2001 because of financial reasons. So I'm really, really looking forward to it!

Glad to hear your able to make the trip. The Holiday Inn is a nice hotel. Its directly across from the Colonial Center. In the heart of downtown. that is where majority of visiting football fans stay during college football season.
I was hoping it was a nice place considering the price for a night there, lol! Don't think this is lame or anything, but I'm taking my parents to the show as an early anniversary present. My mother has loved JB since I first began seeing him in 1987 and she's never been to a show. I have been bugging her every year and she's always found some excuse not to go. Not this time tho ;)

They retired and relocated to Murrells Inlet last year. So they'll be meeting me in Columbia to go to the show. I think they're going to love it!

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by PHnSC »

AtlantaGal wrote:
PHnSC wrote:

I was hoping it was a nice place considering the price for a night there, lol! Don't think this is lame or anything, but I'm taking my parents to the show as an early anniversary present. My mother has loved JB since I first began seeing him in 1987 and she's never been to a show. I have been bugging her every year and she's always found some excuse not to go. Not this time tho ;)

They retired and relocated to Murrells Inlet last year. So they'll be meeting me in Columbia to go to the show. I think they're going to love it!
Well good, its about time she experienced Buffett. My mother actually got me involved in listening to Jimmy. She took me to my first concert when I was 13 and have been going ever since. Last year I got some of my friends to go for the first time and they loved it, and will be with me again this year, along with good old mom. :lol:

f2cdlzrd
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by f2cdlzrd »

I'll be coming down from Asheville, NC. Hope to meet up with some of you.
ATLANTA - April 30, 2013

grovercxl
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by grovercxl »

The Mrs. and I will be there with beads on..... :lol: 8) :pirate: We missed Columbia last year, so we'll have to be twice the trouble this year... :wink: We're staying at the Holiday Inn across the street, so at least we shouldn't get lost stumbling back to the room ....
Buffett fans are a breed apart. Just like JB himself...

KWgrad
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by KWgrad »

We are also staying at the Holiday Inn! I talked to the sales person and they have a free shuttle to take us anywhere. So we can catch it over to Jullian's before the show? And then have them shuttle us over to the Colonial?

I too was surprised that they were charging $100 a night on a Thursday night. They must have know that Buffett was coming.

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home

Post by AtlantaGal »

We'll all be at the same hotel, lol. Those pholks won't know what hit them ;)

Parrotthed
I need two more boat drinks

Post by Parrotthed »

The missus and I also will be staying at the Holiday Inn across from the Colonial Center. Sounds like the Parrotheads will be taking over the hotel! We're looking forward to Columbia again; it was a great show last year!
I lived in Columbia 20 years ago and it's nice to get back to the Palmetto State ... See you guys there. We'll be wearing our "BuffettNews.Com" nametags. 8)
"I heard I was in town...."

Summervillian
Southeast of disorder

Post by Summervillian »

Hope to see y'all there. We're bringin' two phriends who have never seen a JB show. 60 Days and countin'. 8)
"I still remember Captain Harry's Blue Marlin Bar......."

phargophan
I need two more boat drinks

Post by phargophan »

We got two people flying down from Fargo, ND. I have a brother and his wife who live in Spartanburg SC. They have never seen Jimmy, and are huge fans. So I figured, why not? I treated on the tickets. Hope they are good. We got in section 110 behind the stage. Every time I have had seats behind the stage, they have been wonderful. Hope that will be true in Columbia!. We are all excited.
Hope to see you there. Where are your seats?

phargophan

Cpt. Jack
Southeast of disorder

Post by Cpt. Jack »

Coming home from Montana and going to catch the Cola show with two of our friends. Got section 102 ROW 1! Pretty happy with our seats. 1st show since Greensboro in '02. See ya'll down there.

flipflops
I have found me a home

Post by flipflops »

This will be my second Columbia show and I am excited! Also coming up from Atlanta, and staying with family in Columbia so we are good to go. We've got much better seats than last year and I think it's a good venue for the show.
Jonathan
Check out my band! http://fivelongyears.net

AtlantaGal
I have found me a home

Post by AtlantaGal »

Section 104, row 19 :)

carolinaPH
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Hampton Inn

Post by carolinaPH »

Does anybody know how far the hampton is from the colonial center ?

KWgrad
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by KWgrad »

Our seats are going to be a surprise when we get them in the mail. You couldn't buy HC seating for some reason through Ticketmaster, so we called the guy who runs the ticket office. He said he would get us some decent seats in the HC section. Keeping my fingers crossed. :wink:

I am not sure about the Hampton, but I know that the Best Western is about 4 blocks away. Talked to the front desk and they said its sidewalks all the way. Plus you get a delux breakfast with your room when you stay there.

flipflops
I have found me a home

Post by flipflops »

section 102, row 5, seats 3-2

See you there!
Jonathan
Check out my band! http://fivelongyears.net

PHnSC
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: Hampton Inn

Post by PHnSC »

carolinaPH wrote:Does anybody know how far the hampton is from the colonial center ?
The Hampton Inn is not far from the Center. You are in The Vista area. Lots of restuarants like Long Horn Steakhouse, John Pauls. Good area, its only a few blocks from the Center. Glad to see so many of you are coming down. Cant wait to meet some of you guys.