PITTSBURGH CONCERT AND PRE PARTY QUESTIONS

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Kruzinladies
Number of Concerts: 0

PITTSBURGH CONCERT AND PRE PARTY QUESTIONS

Post by Kruzinladies »

Hi,

We are attending the Pittsburgh concert and have some questions we need answered as we start making plans.

1. Is the party at Country Inn ans Suites only for parrots who have rooms at the hotel or can anyone attend? The hotel is booked and we are staying somewhere else but want to attend the party?

2. Do you have to be a parrotthead club member to be able to attend the party?

3. What is the cover charge to get into the party?

4. Is the party sponsored by a local parrotthead club?

5. At the concert site, are there porta potties around the parking lot/ tailgating area for those parrots who plan to come early and spend many hours partying?

6. What time do they open the gates to the pavilion/lawn area?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

The Kruzinladies
Live each moment and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.
Guntown Bob

Re: PITTSBURGH CONCERT AND PRE PARTY QUESTIONS

Post by Guntown Bob »

Kruzinladies wrote:Hi,

We are attending the Pittsburgh concert and have some questions we need answered as we start making plans.

1. Is the party at Country Inn ans Suites only for parrots who have rooms at the hotel or can anyone attend? The hotel is booked and we are staying somewhere else but want to attend the party?

2. Do you have to be a parrotthead club member to be able to attend the party?

3. What is the cover charge to get into the party?

4. Is the party sponsored by a local parrotthead club?

5. At the concert site, are there porta potties around the parking lot/ tailgating area for those parrots who plan to come early and spend many hours partying?

6. What time do they open the gates to the pavilion/lawn area?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

The Kruzinladies

#1 Anyone can attend the party at the Country Inn & Suites. Having a room there is not a requirement.

#2 No - it's open to anyone, Parrothead club member or not.

#3 Yes - the cover charge is $5.00 for anyone not staying there.

#4 No - the party is NOT an official Pittsburgh Parrothead function, though there will be a lot of members present. The party's organizer is Tom Watt, well-known Buffett impersonator. He has a website: www.tomwatt.com/

#5 Yes - there are any number of "porta-potties" in the parking lot AND in the concert venue.

#6 The venue website says the parking lot 'generally' opens two hours prior to a show, but they've always made an exception for Buffett. (If I remember correctly, at the 2004 concert, the lots opened at approx. 2 PM.) The parking lots allow for a great party atmosphere. There is a police presence, but they are generally fair-minded and are there to keep things from getting "too out-of-hand". There is a "no glass container" rule which is enforced, so do plan accordingly. The pavillion/lawn areas usually open one hour before the concert begins. But the parking lot is usually so much fun that most people wait 'til the last minute - causing a huge jam-up at the gates.

You didn't ask, but there are also Saturday night, June 3rd parties at Margarita Mama's in Station Square, on Pittsburgh's Southside; and at the Rhythm House in Bridgeville, PA, where the band Key West Express will be performing beginning at 8:30 PM.
BareFootBoy
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by BareFootBoy »

Can anyone tell me about the bus trip from the Country Inn to the concert and back? Is it just a bus ride or is there food and drinks involved? Can I bring my own drinks and chairs? Just you general questions. Thanks
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.
Guntown Bob

Post by Guntown Bob »

BareFootBoy wrote:Can anyone tell me about the bus trip from the Country Inn to the concert and back? Is it just a bus ride or is there food and drinks involved? Can I bring my own drinks and chairs? Just you general questions. Thanks
I've never taken the bus over to the concert, but to my knowledge, it's only for transportation. I think you need a reservation for the bus, so if interested, try this number:

Call Lisa -- 412-788-8400 ext. 406

As far as bringing your own chairs/drinks - I'd assume that would be expected - especially the drinks! (But do keep in mind that the parking lot has a "no glass container" rule.)
BareFootBoy
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by BareFootBoy »

Guntown Bob wrote:
BareFootBoy wrote:Can anyone tell me about the bus trip from the Country Inn to the concert and back? Is it just a bus ride or is there food and drinks involved? Can I bring my own drinks and chairs? Just you general questions. Thanks
I've never taken the bus over to the concert, but to my knowledge, it's only for transportation. I think you need a reservation for the bus, so if interested, try this number:

Call Lisa -- 412-788-8400 ext. 406

As far as bringing your own chairs/drinks - I'd assume that would be expected - especially the drinks! (But do keep in mind that the parking lot has a "no glass container" rule.)
Thanks Guntown! Corona's in cans, got it.
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.