Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

TheOphicialWho'sComingToTampa-Pics Pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

fruitcks
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 306
Joined: May 31, 2006 10:52 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Tampa

Post by fruitcks » October 20, 2006 2:21 pm

The casino has gotten bad reviews, but we have not been. I'd say the Wing House, if you can get across the street alive after the show :lol: would be a great place to hang until the crowd dispurses.

Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 12387
Joined: January 16, 2005 11:38 am
Number of Concerts: 8
Location: Gulf Coast of Florida
Contact:

Post by Gulfbreeze » October 20, 2006 2:23 pm

RinglingRingling wrote:
Gulfbreeze wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:
fruitcks wrote:yep right across the street. There is also a Wing House which is kind of a Hooters knock off (although they argue who was first with the concept).
:o :o :o IS THE WING HOUSE OPEN 24 HOURS?!? That would be a fun after concert place to go!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seminole Hard Rock Casino's open 24/7... 8)
but do they sell liquor 24/7 on "the Res"?
It says the Center Bar is open 24/7 and on Friday/Saturday nights the Lobby Bar is open from 1000 am-600am...
Image

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Post by RinglingRingling » October 20, 2006 2:25 pm

Gulfbreeze wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
Gulfbreeze wrote:
flipflopgirl wrote:
fruitcks wrote:yep right across the street. There is also a Wing House which is kind of a Hooters knock off (although they argue who was first with the concept).
:o :o :o IS THE WING HOUSE OPEN 24 HOURS?!? That would be a fun after concert place to go!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seminole Hard Rock Casino's open 24/7... 8)
but do they sell liquor 24/7 on "the Res"?
It says the Center Bar is open 24/7 and on Friday/Saturday nights the Lobby Bar is open from 1000 am-600am...
mmmmmm.... I love the regulatory oversight on bars performed by our First Nations bands... :)

Gulfbreeze
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 12387
Joined: January 16, 2005 11:38 am
Number of Concerts: 8
Location: Gulf Coast of Florida
Contact:

Post by Gulfbreeze » October 20, 2006 2:29 pm

RinglingRingling wrote: mmmmmm.... I love the regulatory oversight on bars performed by our First Nations bands... :)
And smokes are cheap too... :lol: :lol:
Image

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Posts: 53938
Joined: May 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...
Location: Where payphones all are ringing
Contact:

Post by RinglingRingling » October 20, 2006 2:37 pm

Gulfbreeze wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote: mmmmmm.... I love the regulatory oversight on bars performed by our First Nations bands... :)
And smokes are cheap too... :lol: :lol:
yes, yes they are... the Great Spirit gave us tobacco; he never mentioned a gift tax.

fruitcks
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 306
Joined: May 31, 2006 10:52 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Tampa

Post by fruitcks » October 20, 2006 6:30 pm

What time is everyone thinking about getting to the parking lot??

The Tampabay PHC has a party that starts around 3 or so.

sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8057
Joined: November 6, 2004 12:44 am
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate
Location: Green Cove Springs, Fl.

Post by sonofabeach » October 20, 2006 10:52 pm

fruitcks wrote:What time is everyone thinking about getting to the parking lot??

The Tampabay PHC has a party that starts around 3 or so.
I'm shootin' for 9 or 10 in the morning. But I have not been there yet so who knows when it starts?
Image
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"

hemidancer39
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 13
Joined: February 5, 2006 3:51 pm

tampa

Post by hemidancer39 » October 21, 2006 7:59 am

We were thinking around 2:00! I promised that on my 30th buffett concert I would try to at least remember most of the sho!

Captain Joe
I have found me a home
Posts: 162
Joined: March 1, 2004 6:03 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Florida/Georgia border

Post by Captain Joe » October 21, 2006 7:59 am

Should be in the parking lot, in a beach chair, drink in hand by noon.
The Seas in my veins

DazedNiteman
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 241
Joined: February 1, 2003 9:39 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and Luck
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Contact:

Post by DazedNiteman » October 22, 2006 5:03 pm

count me in being there! I'll be with 7 other people and i'm hoping to get some speakers rented or something so my friend can get up and play for everyone.
Graduated with honors from Georgia Southern University. I am a brother in the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity. I've seen Buffett 7 times. Going to the Medical College of Georgia, Class of 2014!!!!
"You go to heaven for the climate, but you go to hell for the company"

Pablo Escobar
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 408
Joined: April 22, 2005 12:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Pablo Escobar » October 22, 2006 8:23 pm

I do all the FL shows, so i'll be there....playing dominoes in the parking lot

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11841
Joined: February 21, 2006 1:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!
Location: This great state we like to call TEXAS!

Post by fins2theleft » October 23, 2006 9:43 am

OK so it's looking like i am gonna be able to make it (most likely) but i need info on a place to sleep. kinda need a place close to the venue because i cant rent a car so i'd need to take a cab.
:roll:
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!
Image

fruitcks
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Posts: 306
Joined: May 31, 2006 10:52 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Tampa

Post by fruitcks » October 23, 2006 10:01 am

There is a Holiday Inn Express right across from tne parking lot. I think there is a red roof inn or something like it right there as well. Do a google search exit 7 off I - 4

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11841
Joined: February 21, 2006 1:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!
Location: This great state we like to call TEXAS!

Post by fins2theleft » October 23, 2006 10:25 am

fruitcks wrote:There is a Holiday Inn Express right across from tne parking lot. I think there is a red roof inn or something like it right there as well. Do a google search exit 7 off I - 4
awesome!! so walking distance!! :D
how far do you think it's from the airport??
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!
Image

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos
Posts: 45861
Joined: May 1, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: In the hammock...under my lone palm
Contact:

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » October 23, 2006 10:40 am

I'm pretty sure that the hotels right across from the venue are all sold out, unless they've had a cancellation or two. I think your best bet would be to take a cab from wherever you end up staying and then meet up with some folks at the HI or RR and then walk over or hitch a ride...then the reverse when it is time to go home.
Image

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11841
Joined: February 21, 2006 1:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!
Location: This great state we like to call TEXAS!

Post by fins2theleft » October 23, 2006 10:43 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:I'm pretty sure that the hotels right across from the venue are all sold out, unless they've had a cancellation or two. I think your best bet would be to take a cab from wherever you end up staying and then meet up with some folks at the HI or RR and then walk over or hitch a ride...then the reverse when it is time to go home.
yeah, you're probably right....i'll just have to try and get as close as possiable.....
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!
Image

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos
Posts: 45861
Joined: May 1, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: In the hammock...under my lone palm
Contact:

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » October 23, 2006 10:48 am

fins2theleft wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:I'm pretty sure that the hotels right across from the venue are all sold out, unless they've had a cancellation or two. I think your best bet would be to take a cab from wherever you end up staying and then meet up with some folks at the HI or RR and then walk over or hitch a ride...then the reverse when it is time to go home.
yeah, you're probably right....i'll just have to try and get as close as possiable.....
There are some hotels listed on the venue's website, you can start from there or go to Hotels.com and try that. The only problem is knowing how close they are to the venue...but you can check the attractions nearby and see if they list the fairgrounds. I know when I initially started looking I found some within 4 miles. Good luck! :)
Image

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11841
Joined: February 21, 2006 1:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!
Location: This great state we like to call TEXAS!

Post by fins2theleft » October 23, 2006 10:58 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:There are some hotels listed on the venue's website, you can start from there or go to Hotels.com and try that. The only problem is knowing how close they are to the venue...but you can check the attractions nearby and see if they list the fairgrounds. I know when I initially started looking I found some within 4 miles. Good luck! :)
i've already found one thats only 2.2 miles from there. I just google maped the venue and then getting directions to the hotel from there.....


Hey girlies!! anyone need a roomie??? :roll:
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!
Image

Brown Eyed Girl
Nibblin' on Oreos
Posts: 45861
Joined: May 1, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: In the hammock...under my lone palm
Contact:

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » October 23, 2006 11:20 am

fins2theleft wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:There are some hotels listed on the venue's website, you can start from there or go to Hotels.com and try that. The only problem is knowing how close they are to the venue...but you can check the attractions nearby and see if they list the fairgrounds. I know when I initially started looking I found some within 4 miles. Good luck! :)
i've already found one thats only 2.2 miles from there. I just google maped the venue and then getting directions to the hotel from there.....


Hey girlies!! anyone need a roomie??? :roll:
Well there ya go! Now you've got a roof over your head! :wink:
Image

fins2theleft
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11841
Joined: February 21, 2006 1:45 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: "Rhumba Man"! there are parts in that song that....well....
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!
Location: This great state we like to call TEXAS!

Post by fins2theleft » October 23, 2006 11:27 am

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
fins2theleft wrote:
Brown Eyed Girl wrote:There are some hotels listed on the venue's website, you can start from there or go to Hotels.com and try that. The only problem is knowing how close they are to the venue...but you can check the attractions nearby and see if they list the fairgrounds. I know when I initially started looking I found some within 4 miles. Good luck! :)
i've already found one thats only 2.2 miles from there. I just google maped the venue and then getting directions to the hotel from there.....


Hey girlies!! anyone need a roomie??? :roll:
Well there ya go! Now you've got a roof over your head! :wink:
not yet....just checking to see if theres anyone who wants to split the cost of the room.....and i'll share
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been!
Image

Post Reply