Who's going to Atlantic City June 30th?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

puckhead
Invalid Email Address
Posts: 457
Joined: October 31, 2001 7:00 pm

Post by puckhead »

The pre-party at the Marina was really an awesome time (I think that I had more there then in the parking lot on Tuesday in Camden).

JF and Fingers rocked! Though I must say that it was sad to see Fingers sooo wasted at the end of the show. I couldn't help to feel sorry for him as people rused up to the stage to take pics of Fingers passed out on stage. It was really sad sight.

As for the show... sound was OK and there were times when it sounded muffled.

The crowd was DEAD! we were in section 209 and everyone was sitting and yellin at us to sit down. When we refussed to sit, a couple of a$$wholes started to through things and spit on us (completely classless acts).

We eventually complained to security and successfully had our seats moved, but we missed most of the 2nd set arguing with the a$$es to stop spitting on us and looking for a new place to sit.

As for the setlist, it was filled with covers (4 out of the 1st 5 songs) and I really wish that he would have inlcuded another "rare" song like he did on Tuesday.

Anyway, if wasn't for the idiots behind us, the day would been awesome.

P.S. As we were waiting in line to get into boardwalk hall, Robert Grennidge (sp?) walked by. I politely introduced myself and he was kind enough to pose for a picture. So in one day, I met Fineger Talyor and Robert Grennidge. That alone made the day awesome!

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
habourgirl wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
habourgirl wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:and the Bonus was the girl who sat next to me....she smelled awesome....to bad her and her boyfriend/Husband had no clue of the songs...i heard him say you know this one don't you....she wasn't sure..i think it was CIP!!!!....And a couple of the standards neither knew!!
yeah... i had a pretty hot guy sitting next to me too...

:wink:

i'm in detox until tuesday....
did this "hot guy" know the songs . . . if so then he sounds too good to be true . . .
unlike her last b/f......SORRY Tra!!
hahahaha.. i agree! same thing... oh and the hot guy totally knew all the songs!!!! definitely could be too good to be true... hahaha....

god, what a flippin night!
it was a lot of fun.....would of loed to hang out after the show at the Beach Bar......had no energy left!!!...hey go to my www(below) and add yourself to my myspace!!!
yeah, after meeting at the crack ass of dawn and drinking heavy for about 9 hours there is little energy left . . . one person I know even got leg cramps but I have my own theory on why . . . :P
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

habourgirl
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4218
Joined: March 13, 2005 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rum
Location: California (as of May 2009)
Contact:

Post by habourgirl »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
yeah, after meeting at the crack ass of dawn and drinking heavy for about 9 hours there is little energy left . . . one person I know even got leg cramps but I have my own theory on why . . . :P
watch out... you'll get yours.... that's right....

:lol: :lol:
Image

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5567
Joined: March 16, 2004 12:03 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio
Contact:

Post by job41475 »

Good seeing everyone. Sorry that I kind of disppeared but good times were had by all. hope to see everyone again soon....

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27381
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Post by TommyBahama »

job41475 wrote:Good seeing everyone. Sorry that I kind of disppeared but good times were had by all. hope to see everyone again soon....
What couldn't stand being in a room of Sox fans???...Good to see ya Jerry!!!...where did you end up??

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Post by drunkpirate66 »

habourgirl wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
yeah, after meeting at the crack ass of dawn and drinking heavy for about 9 hours there is little energy left . . . one person I know even got leg cramps but I have my own theory on why . . . :P
watch out... you'll get yours.... that's right....

:lol: :lol:
:D
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Post by drunkpirate66 »

puckhead wrote:The pre-party at the Marina was really an awesome time (I think that I had more there then in the parking lot on Tuesday in Camden).

JF and Fingers rocked! Though I must say that it was sad to see Fingers sooo wasted at the end of the show. I couldn't help to feel sorry for him as people rused up to the stage to take pics of Fingers passed out on stage. It was really sad sight.

As for the show... sound was OK and there were times when it sounded muffled.

The crowd was DEAD! we were in section 209 and everyone was sitting and yellin at us to sit down. When we refussed to sit, a couple of a$$wholes started to through things and spit on us (completely classless acts).

We eventually complained to security and successfully had our seats moved, but we missed most of the 2nd set arguing with the a$$es to stop spitting on us and looking for a new place to sit.

As for the setlist, it was filled with covers (4 out of the 1st 5 songs) and I really wish that he would have inlcuded another "rare" song like he did on Tuesday.

Anyway, if wasn't for the idiots behind us, the day would been awesome.

P.S. As we were waiting in line to get into boardwalk hall, Robert Grennidge (sp?) walked by. I politely introduced myself and he was kind enough to pose for a picture. So in one day, I met Fineger Talyor and Robert Grennidge. That alone made the day awesome!

my section was good! lots of people sitting on their asses but they were cool. some pretty wild people as well which was even cooler . . . so nice oler lady even bought me and my friend margaritas because we were dancing and singing loudly - can't beat that! too bad about the a$$holes in your section . . . those people should just stay home!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
job41475 wrote:Good seeing everyone. Sorry that I kind of disppeared but good times were had by all. hope to see everyone again soon....
What couldn't stand being in a room of Sox fans???...Good to see ya Jerry!!!...where did you end up??
cool pic in the avatar . . . man those chicks were fun!!!!!!!!!!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27381
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
job41475 wrote:Good seeing everyone. Sorry that I kind of disppeared but good times were had by all. hope to see everyone again soon....
What couldn't stand being in a room of Sox fans???...Good to see ya Jerry!!!...where did you end up??
cool pic in the avatar . . . man those chicks were fun!!!!!!!!!!
Yes they were...still trying to talk one to break up with her boyfriend!!!.....and the one that is getting married i asked her to re consider......they were a lot of fun!!!

job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5567
Joined: March 16, 2004 12:03 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio
Contact:

Post by job41475 »

TommyBahama wrote:
job41475 wrote:Good seeing everyone. Sorry that I kind of disppeared but good times were had by all. hope to see everyone again soon....
What couldn't stand being in a room of Sox fans???...Good to see ya Jerry!!!...where did you end up??

pre concert I gambled mostly and hen post party i ran into somebody i knew and hung out with them and then gambled....

pirates wife at 40 sumtin
Overkill
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 23, 2004 4:17 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita
Location: The woods of South Jersey

Post by pirates wife at 40 sumtin »

LIPH wrote:Great to see everyone in AC yesterday. Another good show but I wish he'd pick another Springsteen song, I never liked Glory Days and I don't like JB's version of it.

I didn't think the sound was that bad from where I was but the crowd was pretty dead. A lot of people were sitting down and it looked like a lot of people left before the encore. Too bad, I guess getting out quick was more important than hearing In My Room/Tonight I Just Need My Guitar.

It's been more than 20 years since the last time I was in AC and I had never been to Boardwalk Hall before, but it's a beautiful old building. Nice place to see a concert, even if it is indoors.
Have to agree it is a beautiful building. Sound was so so where I was in the 200 level near stage, got a little better as night went on. i was in baordwalk hall once befor about ummm 29 years ago this month taking state boards for 2 days, but did not really appreciate looking around then. A step down memory lane, Resorts had just recently opened and was the only casino at that time. I remember a long line waiting to get in there the one time I went.

Glad to see you all made it home safe.

Creola
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 203
Joined: March 17, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Connecticut

Post by Creola »

Glad to see everyone made it back okay. We left around 8:45 and were back at 1:15.

Great show, great seats. The people behind us weren't very pleasant, oh well, I guess they expected us to sit all night. Security was crotchity to everyone..real pains for no reason.

Went to Maloney's from 12:30-2:30, no one else showed up cept for our motley crew, so we went to the Ballys bikini bar. WAYY overpriced, but great beachy atmosphere.

HG, I have your pink lei, you left it in our room.

Fu....where are you.......???????? Please check in!
"Creola" better known as Mrs. Zuke

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Posts: 8844
Joined: May 13, 2005 12:25 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.
Location: Chicken Box, Out On Nantucket Island

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
job41475 wrote:Good seeing everyone. Sorry that I kind of disppeared but good times were had by all. hope to see everyone again soon....
What couldn't stand being in a room of Sox fans???...Good to see ya Jerry!!!...where did you end up??
cool pic in the avatar . . . man those chicks were fun!!!!!!!!!!
Yes they were...still trying to talk one to break up with her boyfriend!!!.....and the one that is getting married i asked her to re consider......they were a lot of fun!!!
if you get one of the two then you scored big!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

pirates wife at 40 sumtin
Overkill
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 23, 2004 4:17 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita
Location: The woods of South Jersey

Post by pirates wife at 40 sumtin »

Creola wrote:Glad to see everyone made it back okay. We left around 8:45 and were back at 1:15.

Great show, great seats. The people behind us weren't very pleasant, oh well, I guess they expected us to sit all night. Security was crotchity to everyone..real pains for no reason.

Went to Maloney's from 12:30-2:30, no one else showed up cept for our motley crew, so we went to the Ballys bikini bar. WAYY overpriced, but great beachy atmosphere.

HG, I have your pink lei, you left it in our room.

Fu....where are you.......???????? Please check in!
Hiya Cre was great to meet you even though it was for a short time

magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3655
Joined: December 19, 2005 11:02 pm

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

Puck - I could haven't written this email except I didn't get to meet Bobby G. Our experience was very similar. Totally agree about the Marina show and your observations on all accounts.

Our section (112) was the same as yours except we were spared the hassles with the harrassment. AND we were lucky enough to be invited to Section 329 with some phriends (since their entire row left after set 1). Interesting vantage - high up but almost on top of the stage. AND GREAT to share a show with phriends when we thought we would be split.

Also thought it was interesting that security decided to try to shut down everyone with a cell phone during "Everyone's On the Phone" - s'ok for people to be smoking but cell phone or cameras were a definate nono. :roll: Just read ahead a bit and sounds like others had similar tales.

BUT still and all in all a great time!
And raccoons brought wine and the mice they brought cheese...

magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3655
Joined: December 19, 2005 11:02 pm

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

IrishPirate wrote:Well, we had a wonderful time! The show was good, although we got alot of echo on the second level. No surprizes, with the exception on one or 2 songs, it was the same show as Camden.I was hoping for a show more like Bristow. I missed the occasional breeze, it was quite warm INSIDE. I found out I'm not a big fan of indoor shows, unless its winter. All in all , it was a good "experience", not one of my all time favorites but not a discouragement either.
We missed the "normal" tailgating, but saw John Frinzi & Fingers Taylor with some fabulous BN'rs. They made that experience Wonderful. Thanks to GBman, Magnus&Mr. Moon, Pleasin&Teasin, FlipFlopGirl, LIPH, Captron, Silverbetty, and others whose names escape me. We went to Maloneys, apparently too late, and missed most of the BN'rs, but met BigJohn, and after the show back at Maloneys, TommyBahama & friends. Adding to my list of BN'rs I've met! Everyone signed or updated Jolly Mon V. Fingers & John Frinzi's Band also signed the Jolly Mon! A big thank you to the drummers wife, Andrea, for helping pass the shark around the band. Oh yeah, I bought Fingers a ScrewDriver, which may or may not be the reason he did'nt make the Buffett show :oops: :o :wink: I am sad to think that my Buffett concert season is over for this year :cry: unless someone has tickets they just want to give me, along with travel expenses :lol: :wench:
Reading backwards -

IP - great to meet you and Yes too -hope we didn't block your view too much. :oops: Thanks for being the keepers of Jolly Mon.

I agree, Andrea (Keith's wife) was beyond gracious - she organized photo ops with the band and Fingers and ensured we got all the signatures on JMV! THANK YOU Andrea!
And raccoons brought wine and the mice they brought cheese...

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 10698
Joined: September 26, 2003 12:47 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: North Carolina

Post by gingerbreadman »

IrishPirate wrote:Oh yeah, I bought Fingers a ScrewDriver, which may or may not be the reason he did'nt make the Buffett show :oops: :o :wink:
Spent all Saturday at the Marina. Great show with Fingers and John Frinzi and band. 3 sets was NOT enough! :lol:

I really don't think it was YOUR screwdriver that made Fingers "sleepy". :roll: Still a great, intimate show! Got to shake Fingers hand and have my arm on his shoulder. Same dude I remember from seeing Live By the Bay so many times now, just a little older. He's a good guy, and still an amazing musician. :D

So nice to be with the new and old phriends:

magnus & mr moon, Pleasin & Teasin, Tropic Al, silverbetty, IrishPirate, yes i am a, APLATillman, LIPH, flipflopgirl, and spooner & wife too :wink: and job41475 we saw inside the hall - only recognized because of the green bayou Feeding Frenzy badge! :wink: :lol:

Thought the sound was good. We had seats way in the back, and low. Everyone in our section was probably comped, as they sat through all songs except the classic fast ones, like CIP and Fins in the first set. Then P&T invited us up to 323 as all those in that row had left, and nobody was checking tix anymore. :wink: Way at the top, but side view of the stage. Good and close! Sweet view! Got some good shots and video!
Last edited by gingerbreadman on July 2, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

Image

Pleasin & Teasin
Hoot!
Posts: 2023
Joined: August 24, 2006 10:24 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: 45 minutes west of Jones Beach

Post by Pleasin & Teasin »

LIPH wrote:....and it looked like a lot of people left before the encore.
Nice meeting you at the Marina, Larry.

Don't know where you were sitting, but up in the cheap seats where I was, I marveled at how everyone seemed to know all the words of all the songs, even the oldest and newest ones, and how they literally stood in unison as each favorite began...they were really rockin' near the rafters!!!

magnus & Mr Moon
Behind Door #3
Posts: 3655
Joined: December 19, 2005 11:02 pm

Post by magnus & Mr Moon »

TommyBahama wrote:I survived!!!...Great seeing old and meeting NEW bners.......Christine where are you????...Sorry we didn't meet up except for about 2 seconds going into the show....Here are some pix....some good some not so good!!


http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... Zk&notag=1
Great pics!

Was that you in the grey convertible Chrysler Sebring car, convoying with the yellow jeep on Albany Ave. coming to AC around noon on Saturday? :D We were the PH's in the red Impala that waved!!!

Phins Up to the next show.

/) /) /)
And raccoons brought wine and the mice they brought cheese...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Posts: 27381
Joined: August 26, 2006 10:16 am
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.
Contact:

Post by TommyBahama »

magnus & Mr Moon wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:I survived!!!...Great seeing old and meeting NEW bners.......Christine where are you????...Sorry we didn't meet up except for about 2 seconds going into the show....Here are some pix....some good some not so good!!


http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... Zk&notag=1
Great pics!

Was that you in the grey convertible Chrysler Sebring car, convoying with the yellow jeep on Albany Ave. coming to AC around noon on Saturday? :D We were the PH's in the red Impala that waved!!!

Phins Up to the next show.

/) /) /)
Yes....that was my Sebring and the Yellow jeep was HG!!!...we were on our way to Maloney's!!

Post Reply