Who's going to Pittsburgh 7-22-08? pg10 UPDATE

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

karat
Lester Polyester
Number of Concerts: 26
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Passion Berry
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Who's going to Pittsburgh 7-22-08? pg10 UPDATE

Post by karat »

Let's see it is February 11, 2008...current temperature in Burgettstown, PA (where the ampitheater is) it is 16 degrees, winds are finally calm, temp will drop tonight to about 12 degrees. Tuesday, there is a chance of snow, with a high of 20.

So I thought it would be appropriate to think of SUN, SAND and JIMMY!

So are you coming to Pittsburgh for the concert this year? Let us Pittsburghers know, we'll help you out with local hotels and such.

**thinking it is a hot steamy day outside**

"Pittsburgh 2008 Show assistance site"
Last edited by karat on March 29, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

Bfan53
License to Chill

Re: Who's going to Pittsburgh 2008?

Post by Bfan53 »

It's on my "possible" list for 2008. Never been to this venue. I almost went last year, but opted instead for my second straight Nissan show......

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I might have to fly into Pittsburgh if I go to Key West Fest in Erie. Does that count? :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here

karat
Lester Polyester
Location: "I’m just hangin’ on while this old world keeps spinning." (It's a freakin' tilt-a-whirl!)

Post by karat »

LIPH wrote:I might have to fly into Pittsburgh if I go to Key West Fest in Erie. Does that count? :lol:
sure does (sort of)
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

HULA GIRL^
Hoot!

Post by HULA GIRL^ »

karat wrote:Let's see it is February 11, 2008...current temperature in Burgettstown, PA (where the ampitheater is) it is 16 degrees, winds are finally calm, temp will drop tonight to about 12 degrees. Tuesday, there is a chance of snow, with a high of 20.

So I thought it would be appropriate to think of SUN, SAND and JIMMY!

So are you coming to Pittsburgh for the concert this year? Let us Pittsburghers know, we'll help you out with local hotels and such.

**thinking it is a hot steamy day outside**
Hoping to attend PA as well as Tinley Park, IL. Not soon enough.

Landshark Girl
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks with a salted rim

Post by Landshark Girl »

Bfan53 wrote:It's on my "possible" list for 2008. Never been to this venue. I almost went last year, but opted instead for my second straight Nissan show......
I'd go with Pittsburgh if I were you...the traffic isn't anywhere near as bad as it is for Nissan.
Image Image Image

Bfan53
License to Chill

Post by Bfan53 »

Landshark Girl wrote:
Bfan53 wrote:It's on my "possible" list for 2008. Never been to this venue. I almost went last year, but opted instead for my second straight Nissan show......
I'd go with Pittsburgh if I were you...the traffic isn't anywhere near as bad as it is for Nissan.
From where I live Nissan is about 2 hours away, Pittsburgh almost 3 hours. Factor in the Nissan traffic and it's probably a wash..... :D

Plus, we stay at a Manassas area motel after the show, so we simply tailgate a bit more while the parking lots empty. Last year, in fact, they emptied out quicker than ever..... :o

drunkpirate66
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

been there done that - - - didn't buy the t - shirt. too far from the ocean for this island boy.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Bfan53 wrote:
Landshark Girl wrote:
From where I live Nissan is about 2 hours away, Pittsburgh almost 3 hours. Factor in the Nissan traffic and it's probably a wash..... :D

Plus, we stay at a Manassas area motel after the show, so we simply tailgate a bit more while the parking lots empty. Last year, in fact, they emptied out quicker than ever..... :o
That's why I went to PA last year. The venue is very similar to Nissan. The drive wasn't that bad. The "horrible traffic" getting into the Pittsburgh show was better than an average show day at Nissan, the tailgating overall was pretty cool, the lots cleared out smoothly and quickly after the show. It was a great change of scenery. Even the cops there were really cool and there weren't sobriety checkpoints on the way out (not condoning anything). Their tailgating policy is quite lenient and prominently posted in the lots. I'd recommend going there.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

PIA
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Tampico Trauma
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Capt n Coke
Location: Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard as it seems.

Post by PIA »

where is pittsburgh? have i ever been there??

bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Post by bravedave »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Bfan53 wrote:
Landshark Girl wrote:

That's why I went to PA last year. The venue is very similar to Nissan. The drive wasn't that bad. The "horrible traffic" getting into the Pittsburgh show was better than an average show day at Nissan, the tailgating overall was pretty cool, the lots cleared out smoothly and quickly after the show. It was a great change of scenery. Even the cops there were really cool and there weren't sobriety checkpoints on the way out (not condoning anything). Their tailgating policy is quite lenient and prominently posted in the lots. I'd recommend going there.
2nd!
“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.”
- Kaiser Welhelm

"The call is a loud wulli-wulli, and there is much twittering at the drinking holes."

DrinkingInDover
Southeast of disorder

Post by DrinkingInDover »

I think we'll be back for the 3rd straight year. Depends on the date. Actually, it really doesn't....we'll be back.

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Last year we were the second car in the whole lot. Will definately
be there again. It's twice as far as Camden but easier to get to.
Nice location, nice crowd. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

PIA wrote:where is pittsburgh? have i ever been there??
You going this year if there's a Pittsburgh show? That might be the deciding factor when I decide which shows to go to. :wink:

karat
Lester Polyester

Post by karat »

Burgettstown - you know at the bottom of the chimney!
~ Karat
(I am a Travel Agent)

PIA
Here We Are
Location: Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard as it seems.

Post by PIA »

LIPH wrote:
You going this year if there's a Pittsburgh show? That might be the deciding factor when I decide which shows to go to. :wink:

if i can get off of work i will be there....

i cant believe i have to say that.... :o scary...my first kinda real job...

and ill only go if u go

PIA
Here We Are

Post by PIA »

karat wrote:
Burgettstown - you know at the bottom of the chimney!

:lol:

i will try my hardest to be there...i love burgettstown!!!

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

PIA wrote:
LIPH wrote:

and ill only go if u go
So how does it feel to be a grownup? :lol:

PIA
Here We Are

Post by PIA »

LIPH wrote:
PIA wrote:
LIPH wrote:

and ill only go if u go
So how does it feel to be a grownup? :lol:
me grown up..? never!

Bfan53
License to Chill

Post by Bfan53 »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
Bfan53 wrote:
Landshark Girl wrote:

Thanks for sharing your personal experience!!! I've never been to Pittsburgh so maybe there and AC in 2008???? :pirate: