Our discussion board has been updated to a newer version. If you have a problem with viewing try clearing your browser's cache and refresh.

Toyota Park, Bridgeview 7/26 *update for cell info pg 1

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S » July 16, 2008 9:13 pm

STL PARROTHEAD wrote:
How early are you likely to head over--perhaps the Hampton folks should caravan over together (?)

I don't really know how early we are going...... but I do think it's a great idea for us all to caravan over.... then we are all together!

and for all the folks not at Hampton..... how hard is it to get there and caravan with us?????
Probably the only way to be near each other is to caravan.
No prob with picking one location to caravan from,
but the bigger issue is what TIME people are ready to go.

We could set one reasonable time and one place like Hampton Inn and whoever is there ends up together.

Otherwise, we could be nowhere near each other.

What kind of times are people thinking about?
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S » July 16, 2008 9:21 pm

I've been at the top of the page a couple of times in a row now.
I still sort of miss the "hole"
ImageImage Old Man in Tank Top, Boardn' the Blacktop, Still chilln' after all of these years

oldmanatee
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitude
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum,Landshark,Corona

Post by oldmanatee » July 16, 2008 9:26 pm

We are at the Hampton and can bring what ever is needed.I know we usually have chips and nuts and brownies(not the funny 70's kind)but have not traditionally done meat because of the trip up and not having a grill but we can stop on the way for something.We usually have started tailgating between noon and 1:00 if that would be a good time,but we will caravan if possible at whatever time.Man the adrenaline is starting to flow!
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S » July 16, 2008 9:28 pm

On page one for the cell phone update Gypsygirl might be a different color font but it is not a link to her PM.
I can't find her.
Can somebody give me a quick link to send my cell phone # to?

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S » July 16, 2008 9:30 pm

Who stole my Avatar?
I LOVED that plane!

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S » July 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:Who stole my Avatar?
I LOVED that plane!
Never mind.
It's back.

gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I know it's not his originally, but I love Southern Cross
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything that gets me drunk is my favorite!

Post by gypsygirl60565 » July 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:On page one for the cell phone update Gypsygirl might be a different color font but it is not a link to her PM.
I can't find her.
Can somebody give me a quick link to send my cell phone # to?
I'm collecting the cell phone list for Saturday...feel free to PM me your info. I'll distribute to those on the list next Wed.

gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: I know it's not his originally, but I love Southern Cross

Post by gypsygirl60565 » July 16, 2008 9:32 pm

oldmanatee wrote:We are at the Hampton and can bring what ever is needed.I know we usually have chips and nuts and brownies(not the funny 70's kind)but have not traditionally done meat because of the trip up and not having a grill but we can stop on the way for something.We usually have started tailgating between noon and 1:00 if that would be a good time,but we will caravan if possible at whatever time.Man the adrenaline is starting to flow!
I think EJR and some others are going on Thursday. I bet we can learn some best practices from them and figure out a plan of attack for the best approach to Saturday!

gypsygirl60565
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by gypsygirl60565 » July 16, 2008 9:35 pm

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:
STL PARROTHEAD wrote:
How early are you likely to head over--perhaps the Hampton folks should caravan over together (?)

I don't really know how early we are going...... but I do think it's a great idea for us all to caravan over.... then we are all together!

and for all the folks not at Hampton..... how hard is it to get there and caravan with us?????
Probably the only way to be near each other is to caravan.
No prob with picking one location to caravan from,
but the bigger issue is what TIME people are ready to go.

We could set one reasonable time and one place like Hampton Inn and whoever is there ends up together.

Otherwise, we could be nowhere near each other.

What kind of times are people thinking about?
If you are staying near Midway, it's a Hotel Center. So it's very possible that we could pick a time, meet up in the parking lot and caravan together.

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » July 17, 2008 12:17 am

gypsygirl60565 wrote:
oldmanatee wrote:We are at the Hampton and can bring what ever is needed.I know we usually have chips and nuts and brownies(not the funny 70's kind)but have not traditionally done meat because of the trip up and not having a grill but we can stop on the way for something.We usually have started tailgating between noon and 1:00 if that would be a good time,but we will caravan if possible at whatever time.Man the adrenaline is starting to flow!
I think EJR and some others are going on Thursday. I bet we can learn some best practices from them and figure out a plan of attack for the best approach to Saturday!
I will definitely report in after Thursday's concert (we should ask Garry and glofindel to do the same since they are also going to both).

Snowparrot and I can do some grocery shopping Saturday morning for perishables if folks want to make a list for us. and I think a caravan would be great--maybe around noon if that works for everyone (Vicki-do you have your cover so I can get in the shade when I need to ?).

And Alan--glad to know I am not alone in missing the hole--it pops up from time to time in the setlist threads and the TP veterans are excited everytime it happens.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman » July 17, 2008 12:26 am

Don't wanna get over there TOO early...

Not our style!! :lol:
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » July 17, 2008 12:32 am

gingerbreadman wrote:Don't wanna get over there TOO early...

Yes, we expect you to still be asleep at noon :D
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"

gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman » July 17, 2008 12:38 am

ejr wrote:
gingerbreadman wrote:Don't wanna get over there TOO early...

Yes, we expect you to still be asleep at noon :D
Well then, for Saturday,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will be looking here for that report, Ellen... :)
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

Longboardn' ASEL&S
I Love the Now!

Post by Longboardn' ASEL&S » July 17, 2008 6:48 am

ejr wrote:
..... and I think a caravan would be great--maybe around noon if that works for everyone.
Sounds like a reasonable time to me.
I made it to the Park-and-Ride for Detroit by 1:00 for the pre-tailgate, and the caravan to DTE (The Knob) worked out great.

I'm up by 6:00 am, but a 9:00 tailgate is still a bit early to "get started"!

narnianelf
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by narnianelf » July 17, 2008 9:36 am

Longboardn' ASEL&S wrote:
ejr wrote:
..... and I think a caravan would be great--maybe around noon if that works for everyone.
Sounds like a reasonable time to me.
I made it to the Park-and-Ride for Detroit by 1:00 for the pre-tailgate, and the caravan to DTE (The Knob) worked out great.

I'm up by 6:00 am, but a 9:00 tailgate is still a bit early to "get started"!
I agree. Noon is a much better time than 9:00. Give me the details and I'll be there.

We stayed near Midway 2 years ago, at the same Sheraton we're staying in this year. There are a bunch of hotels all up and down the strip, so it should be fairly easy for all of us to meet up at one.
Image Image

irishcajunphan
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On!
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by irishcajunphan » July 17, 2008 9:52 am

My plane is scheduled to land at Midway around 9:50. I should be able to get over to the Hampton and settled by noon. :D
GEAUX SAINTS!!! and GEAUX TIGERS!!!

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr » July 17, 2008 10:43 am

irishcajunphan wrote:My plane is scheduled to land at Midway around 9:50. I should be able to get over to the Hampton and settled by noon. :D
and your roommates should be available then too!

Barefoot Gypsy
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Really?! That's like picking a fave child...too hard to pick one.
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: Purple Rain...anything with tequila or rum!

Post by Barefoot Gypsy » July 17, 2008 11:20 am

A noontime caravan sounds great!! Count me in. :wench:
"Barefoot children in the rain
Got no need to explain"

'Music is a moral law- it gives wings to the mind, A soul to the universe, Flight to the imagination, A charm to sadness, A life to everything.' - Plato

YNONIN0
We are the People our Parents Warned us

I'll be there!

Post by YNONIN0 » July 17, 2008 12:41 pm

My brother and I will be there....coming from FL :)

I have reservations for July 26-28 at the 4-star Marriott at the Medical District/UIC. I can only use one of the nights (July 26-27), so I have an extra night on the 27th if anyone is interested.

The Web site is here:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/c ... trict-uic/

A quick search shows the minimum price for a room on Sunday is $289. You can get it for way below that if you can use it.

I will also trade the room for tickets to Saturday's show and/or a rumdrink (preferably and). E-mail me!

Note: If you want the room on the 26th too, I can work that out. Basically I'd just get another hotel that night. But the deal would have to be pretty good.

Finz up!
Last edited by YNONIN0 on July 20, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr » July 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Noon sounds good to my and the Mrs also. Do you think they will let us check in that early? We are at the Holiday Inn Express.